Register now to get rid of these ads!

Local boneyard re-discovered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TiredIronGRB, Apr 19, 2010.

1. its_ken

its_ken

The real shame is that for years, You couldnt get anything outta there. Only once its all too far gone do they decide to sell. I know... Its theirs to do with as they please, but i remember those cars when they were more than parts.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

intense. very cool.

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

looks like some of the parts were removed over the years but it's clear they been there a hell of a long time. hate that---most of that stuff was pretty cool excepting the accident damage when they were put in there. i'll never understand what possesses people to hang on to stuff they will never do anything with til it's not worth doing.......................

4. spooler41

spooler41

Looks like he kept them, just long enough to make them worthless. You could get some small parts, if you were lucky. All I see is too much work and not enough time.

.............Jack

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Ignorant, and he probably paid for them. Great return on his investments, one day the government will say he has to pay them to remove them.

6. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

The man who owned the yard was the father of the two brothers, he sold parts off them for years (used to be 100s of cars) until people started stealing more than they were buying. At that point he just let the area grow up to the point you couldn't even get to the cars, after he dies the one brother started clearing the brush enough to get at the cars. The man was never a hoarder, he just got burnt out on it and shut down the yard.

I have about 30 acres of wide open field so I'm trying to work a deal with him to move the cars to my place (he has the means to move them) and split the profits on the parts.

7. Thumper

Thumper

Fuck me...... 57 Ford and Chevy wagons....!

8. Whoa....I mean Whoa. There is like one of everything in there. They need to be moved the desert immediately, and out of that moist veg! sweet shit man. hope something good comes from this.

9. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Poor cadillacs in there...cool wagons and some nice 2 doors...lots of good stuff in there.

10. These pictures should be framed and hanging in my living room...Love It.

11. eddie1

eddie1

HAMB, tradional Hot Rods, Customs & Lawnmowers!:D

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

There's a guy here that has complete 50's and 60's cars. A real shame, he won't sell any parts off any of them. They are supposedly his "complete projects". the only project I've seen him work on is stringing out so much crap that you can hardly get in to park. Last time I went there, you could poke a screwdriver through any body panel on most of them (moisture has eaten them from the inside out). Sad he kept them in the woods long enough for them to turn to shit.:(

13. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

West of Bloomington?

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I never get tired of looking at pics like this. Just wish I knew the story of each and every shiny car that ended up in this sorry state...

15. big M

big M

Lots of good parts on those cars. Hopefully your business arrangement will work out, I have done the same exact thing here with the owners of a couple closed salvage yards, and everyone wins. Just be sure that you will not have zoning issues, it would suck to move the cars only to have to move them again.

---John

16. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

No problem here, I live in an area that is still free. Up till a couple years ago I had a WWII M5A1 Stuart tank and several M114 APCs here...I still have a 400 yard firing range and a small off-road park...no one really bothers me about anything :cool:

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

How many viewers were able to ID pic#6 (from the top)? Took me a second, but there's no doubt - hint - it ain't a Yankee ride

dj

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Holy crap!!!

That's a cool yard!

I neeeeeeeed these taillights and stainless surround by the way. I need them bad!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  19. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I could've swore it was a rare 46 convertible... am I wrong?

I see parts for my 62 galaxie!!!!

[​IMG]

20. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

that is the easiest thing to load up! LOL

If Cars could talk! im sure theres atleast one great story in there!

21. Philbilly

Philbilly

I see a lot of usuable parts. That sucks that all those cars just sat there for 40 years.

22. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

You guys are funny. You complain about how all these great cars went to waste sitting all these years. Ever think where they would be if these guys wouldn't have left them sit?

You guys are always talking about saving everything, well, here is your chance. After having been saved for nearly 50 years, some more, some less, you now have that the chance to get your own. Might not have been preserved as well as you might like, but they are a lot more preserved then the ones that were crushed 2 or 3 years ago.

Sad part is, with the scrap price around here currently at $175/ton, most of these hulks are probably still close to 2 ton. Most of you guys wouldn't want to shell out $350 for one and would freak out at $400-500, but will be first on the cry list when they get crushed because no one stepped up. The guys with the scrapping opperation will have that place cleaned up in a month, and will hand the owners a hand full of cash. You guys will want to look around, beat them up on the price, then expect them you dig them out for you when you show up in a month or 2 expecting them to load the car for you, all the time complaining about how they wrecked them because they let them sit all those years.
    Rant off. Gene

23. 6erwebb

6erwebb
    from Nashville

where the heck is kingsport? Ill come help you move them if I get a car out of it haha.

seriously let me know. That 57 wagon is just the tits.

24. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

NE Tenn. 20ish minutes from Pardners BBQ in Piney Flats :)

25. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Thank you for taking the time to share. PM sent.

26. A-men, brotha, amen. In the early 90s I found a yard here, maybe 100 cars, all 1946-1965 or so. Guy was tired of stuff being stolen, so he scrapped it out not long after I found it. '59 Olds '98 ragtop, '47 Buick ragtop, a bunch of others. All he saved was one good '58 Ranchero and a pile of early Hemi motors. Which were left just like that, in a big pile.

27. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

West of Peoria on Farmington road near the Kickapoo creek (bottoms). Across the street from Peoria Speedway.

28. 33pickemup

33pickemup

Man I love junk yards:D I could spend days just walking around checking everything out.

29. the-rodster

the-rodster

Christine looks pissed.....

[​IMG]