Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy with a '54 Buick

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bluestreakbuck, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bluestreakbuck

bluestreakbuck

wrapping up a '54 Buick (former Charlie Decker car) the starter switch on the carb is sick, took it apart cleaned everything, worked for a while and now acting up again, anyone got ideas to eliminate it. Thanks, Buck

2. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

Welcome aboard! No idea how. Post your query on the general forum instead of the intro forum and you might receive an answer. Good luck!

3. A55HOLE

A55HOLE

4. Welcome from New Zealand from another Buick owner...

5. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

Hey there man, you have a vacuum starter switch on the carb? All it does is go out when its engaged, so for some reason its just not engaging. I have a 1950 Buick with and it took it apart and also rewired it and it works just perfectly. Its almost impossible to find a new one....I finally found one so I'm keeping it as a back up just in case... If you have to you can install an on /off button to the starter..but thats just a last resort.