Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUDDY HOLLY, Apr 19, 2010.

1. BUDDY HOLLY

BUDDY HOLLY

1929 model a what should i do all original

Attached Files:

2. borndead327

borndead327

You should sell it to me for 100bux

3. younggun13

younggun13

4. cruzr

cruzr

Blow the fenders off,juice brakes, 2 carb manifold and some sorta head. drive the shit out of it.........

5. ken1939

ken1939

I hate to add it, but yes, very little :rolleyes:

Hop up the engine a little and drive drive drive.

6. 61falcon

61falcon

7. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

This subject has come up many times but I'll weigh in. Some people think that there are cars too nice to cut up and other people think that all cars are fair game. Just from the pics, your car looks really cherry. Maybe it's a bondo baby and we can't see it but my impression is that it is too nice to cut. I like some of the ideas proposed above about mild mods especially if they make it more driveable for you. That is the major theme though and it is one that has been repeated above. Whatever you do to the car, drive the little sucka.

8. jason65

jason65

Beautiful car.

9. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Depends on what you're wanting really. I normally wouldnt say this but if you're wantin to cut somethin up, put a big motor in it, drive longer distances, etc. sell that and get somethin else to play with. Other than that, just enjoy/drive it

10. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Hop up the engine, get rid of anything that's not necessary by law to cut weight and run it.

11. James427

James427
    BANNED

I just sold this nice model A because it was TOO nice to cut up being an original early "AR" roadster. I bought this ROUGH 26 T roadster pick-up and I'll have no problems feeling at all guilty no matter what I decide to do to it. :)

Attached Files:

12. Fenders

Fenders

Drop it, 16" wheels ('35 Ford), juice brakes, hop up the A banger, maybe an overdrive, and go.

13. knotheads

knotheads

i think i would just enjoy that one the way it is. keep looking for something a little less complete and nice to hotrod.

14. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

drive it, if you want to hot rod it, do it a piece at a time. That way it's always on the road.
    I sure wouldn't blow it apart to every last nut and bolt, that is an easy way to never get it back on the road.
    Buy better brakes, do a weekend or weekends swap
    buy a drop axle and do a swap
    etc. Cool Car!

15. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i second that! id drive it like i stole it!

16. James Curl

James Curl

An old style hot rod, my buddy had one in High School, his dad built it far him in the 9th grade. 16" wire spoke wheels, dropped axle, hydraulic brakes, full fendered with a hopped up 4 banger. Today that same car with the modern overdrive that the Model A crowd adds into the closed driveshaft and you cruise 70mph on the highway with ease. Then if you decied that it is too nice to be a Hot Rod then just convert it back and leave the O.D. in the drive line. Then the Model A crowd would be more inclined to buy it since they could use it to tour.

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Very NICE indeed!Thats the best way to start I think with a good secondhand car just like they did back in the day!

Nick.

18. mac762

mac762

I'd make it into a hot rod a weekend at a time. I'd rather start with the nicest car I could.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

looks to cherry to hotrod id do very little to it unless it could be reversed easy and drive it as much as i could

20. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Chris here on the hamb has several great threads on what he did to his Model A coupe. Very 'less is more' type build; wheels, tires, suspension and brakes mostly. Fantastic looking A:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247168

A little further along:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266309

Eventually put in a hopped-up banger:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328769

Thunderbirdesq 31 roadster, more hotrod type build, way awesome (check out the last page to see where it's at now):

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410586

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could get along with that concept fine but can't see hacking up a nice original car to make a hot rod out of it.

22. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

what he said X2 !!!!!!!!!!!

24. hot rod it to whatever your tastes are. hop up that four banger or throw in a blown flathead.
    make that thing yours.