Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duz music make a diff to you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Apr 18, 2010.

1. When you're in your shoppe and you are workin' on your rod,( or rodz as the case may be) Duz good muzac make a difference?
    I.E. Rock,Country Western..Early Rock or R and B?
    And also Driving your Rod... Do you drive faster to a kick ass song? I seem to..
    I actually got out of a ticket once just by telling the cop the truth- I told him that I was listening to a really good song and it made me drive faster.... He just laughed and said he hasn't heard that one in a long time... let me go with a written warning.. Dang! How bout you? Duz it make a difference in your rodding experience? Ever wreck because of a song? Hope not.. Mikey

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i usually have my ipod set on MADSIN

Makes me concentrate on my work more and keeps me motivated

3. Deuces

Deuces

Oh hell yeah! As long as it ain't loud so I can hear myself think when I'm workin'. Does that make sense?? When I d go out cruisin', it's a different story. I crank out the tunes. Classic rock, oldies, motown, some early soul and R&B.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It may pay to do a search, this has come up a few times. There is a thread thats ten or more pages long. Not having a go at you, just letting you know.
    Doc.

5. Very true.

And without the text language.. Duz etc :)

6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't live or drive without my tunes. I recently (finally) loaded over 500 CDs on my iPod. Shuffle is now my very own jukebox. I love it!

7. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

definitely! No matter what I'm doing, I need to have some tunes crankin'!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I listen to most everything. I love to drive my old stuff, but even more so when I'm listening to some good music. I'm relatively young (37), but I don't like ipods. I burn data cds. I can fit around 200 songs on a cd. I carry around two or three and have enough music for days. One cd for Hank Williams, one for the rest of the outlaw type country artists, one for real hip hop when it was still about partyin' and sneakers, one with third gen ska like Desmond Dekker and The Skatalites and etc., one with punk rock, you get the picture. Just a couple of cds in the glove box and I've got music covered for any mood and any situation.

I love to listen to music when I'm working on my truck too. It's a giant distraction from frustration.

9. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Love music when i'm working but I'm not into recorded music.
    We have a couple of really good local FM stations and the banter between the DJ's is just as good as the music they play!
    The music is usually solid rock with some pop stuff and Metal mixed in as well...all from the 60's up.
    "Saturday in the Shed:...with Big Tom" is excellent stuff!!!
    All request pretty much...but I've heard him refuse to play something sappy and put on a classic Rock song instead!
    He'll tell you your song was crap too! Hahaha
    "Big Tom" rules the "Shed Nation...." :D

On the road I'll listen to the stations as well but many times will just drive silent even in my daily driver.
    I like the road sounds....the squeeks and clinks, the swish of the tires on pavement. You KNOW what I mean....:)
    Besides...if the wrong song comes on you KNOW your courting a speeding ticket! Hahaha

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

it get's to be a pain in the ass always having to stop what I'm doing to go and flip the record over.
    plus the grinder dust really chews up the vinyl

11. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Music, no. Spelling? YES.

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

always!!! I've got the Radio set on Classic Rock and it's the first thing I do when I walk in the shop!!! Turn on and turn it up!!! :D

13. years ago I used to crank up the rocn n roll when doing bodywork seemed to work, but air file noise drowned it out most of the time
    got into skating and did the disco era for awhile and even got some stereos for the car [ actually i am real old now]
    got married and went for peace and quiet :eek:and quit the bodywork and went 16 years with a quite shop:p
    now working on show cars:eek: and not many stop to visit so a bud give me a stereo and am back to some oldies rock :Dwhen you can find it not always in the mood but it seems to avoid the bodys pain and the pain of working on the cars

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

My thoughts exactly...:D

Surprisingly, for a guy who's always playing in bands, has a large collection of old underground rock n roll, makes frequent recording projects, and fixes/builds guitars and amps for a living, I don't listen to music in the shop. I'm usually doing something loud and wouldn't hear it anyhow, it seems. No stereo (or mono for that matter) in my hot rods either. I like to hear the music of the machine I'm driving.

15. Haha, that's funny shit right there.

16. petes65usa

petes65usa

Got to have good classic rock & some metal playing all the time....Leave it on in the shop 24-7........

17. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

All my accidents seem to happen whenever new "rock" music comes on the radio. I've been known to crawl out from under a car while intalling a trans just to turn off the Lincoln Park, Stained, or whatever whiny tunes are playing.

18. metallica is great when your doin body work and goin 85, but stuff like rev. horton good anytime!

19. When I'm working in the shop (read garage) I like having the tunes on but keep it down low, the back ground noise helps me think and ignore the voices in my head.;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Only in my garage, in my studio, in my office and in my car (s) .......;)

21. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Allways need the background music. Either vintage R&R or vintage country.

22. Rich1028

Rich1028

yes,I usually have the radio on when working,when goffing off I'll go through some cd's.

23. 61TBird

61TBird

:D:D:D

[​IMG]

24. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

DEADBOLT is a great band to listen to anytime. Check them out. Cool reverb guitar, funny lyrics, their albums have themes as well. Great live in concert too. Please give them a try. They are out of Southern California, but tour the States as well as Europe. Check out some of their album titles: Tijuana Hit Squad; Voodoo Trucker; Hobo Babylon; Tiki Man. They even have a greatest hits album: Haight Street Hippie Massacre! You got to love that! Humor value is off the scale.

25. I listen to Obama Bashing talk radio. Need something to help exercise my brain cells in a constructive mode. Too deaf to really enjoy music.

26. I was just turning on to my own street several years ago in my 70 340 Cuda and The Scorpions "Can't live without you" came on the old Pioneer deck. I reached down and cranked the volume and punched the pedal, went in to a fish tail and lost it and rearended a parked Mustang, knocking it right up onto my neighbours lawn. Embarassing and expensive, I was reminded on a regular basis for many years after about that major episode of crainial flatulence.

27. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

28. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Wuts a record? is that one of those big black CD's?

29. roddinron

roddinron

Ha ha, the pin head likes it!
    Actually though, I think you'll find that most people don't really care much for music, I think it's just a passing fad.:rolleyes:

30. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Dave,

God bless you brother! This accident was absolutely not your fault! What happened is your car tried to kill itself rather than endure one more moment of Kraut hair metal. Thank god you are ok.