Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford 4 door + 1 saw=5 window & tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 15, 2010.

1. What a bunch of judgmental hipocrits!:confused::mad: Seriously guys. Are you getting old and surly and turning into restorers. Last time I checked this was a traditional hot rod board. Geez now I'm judging you guys... bawahahaha

Go for it kid, get it done how you want to YOUR car. Don't let these donkeys get ya down. I wanna see it get done. Hats off to you for taking this on.

-Shiny

2. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

If anyone can do it, Drew will. He's got motivation and skills beyond his years. Look at the photos in his photobucket for past projects. He has been though VWs, offroaders, and another 32 5w that was rough too. I have all the faith in the world it will be cool. Just not sure what he's going to drive to Bonneville this year with us?

3. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

good for you! F*** the haters :)

4. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Where is oz40 5W Coupe thread ???
    Can`t find it anymore

5. So,,,if you like a 4 door your a hater?:confused:

I haven't read anything that comes off as hate! HRP

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

His thread is gone. I can't find it and it's not listed on anywhere on his posts or threads.

7. rokcrln

rokcrln

STOP NOW while you can still put it back to a 4door! If you don't and you screw it up you might end up with a version of this....

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

Keep the sparks flying!

Attached Files:

• X03.jpg
      X03.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    • X05.jpg
      X05.jpg
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    • X04.jpg
      X04.jpg
      File size:
      139.4 KB
      Views:
  8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm thinking if a guy can turn a nice 4 door project into a nice 5 window project then that is a good thing regardless of the condition of the shell he starts with.

9. I agree completely...I think everyone has their eyes on the IF portion of the statement. A lot of folks have spoken highly for him, and I have no reason to doubt.

A conversion like this takes balls and skills so very far beyond mine, I'm sure a lot of folks will be tuned in to watch the transformation as we did with the (now missing) OZ40 thread which was amazing, by the way.

And hell, if he make that work and ends up with a shorty '32 tub, that's twice awesome.

10. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Its so funny how alot of people on here get sooo worked up. I say sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the show. You might learn something. Nice project by the way.

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

What a coincidence. I want to cut up a 1932 5 window and make it into a 4 door sedan.

....just kidding. :rolleyes:

clem likes this.
  12. adamshumard

adamshumard

Born as a humpback sedan. Nuff Said.

[​IMG]

13. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

lmao! my dog just got a face full of nose blown mtn dew... (dew through the nose burns!)

Can't wait to see how this turns out, your other projects look pretty sweet!

14. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Wow.

I guess some guys' ideas of traditional hotrodding are juice brakes and maybe a dual carb intake on a flatty if you get REALLY daring. :rolleyes:

I like the guys who have some vision, can see what they want, get the parts they need, and start cutting!

THAT'S hottrodding... in my book anyway. :)

15. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

cant wait till we see it finished!

16. rokcrln

rokcrln

Any links to the build?

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

18. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

Man keep the progress coming, I planning to do the same thing.

But why a fordor ca be channelled, chopped or sectioned but not transformed? WTF!

OZ40 thread was erased 1 month ago, but I have saved each pic :D

[​IMG]

19. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

I want to trade my fordor for a 5w body. So come on, I'm waiting for offers from who want to trade a 5W for a fordor body.

20. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am building a 5W from a ratty 4 door sedan also- can't wait to see your progress. Keep going dude!!

Matt

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Great thread but guys ....give it a break! Everyone is entitled to their opinion....doesn't mean one's right and the other's are wrong....Bottom line...It's your car , good luck with the build! If your like me, I like them all!:D

22. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

32 coupedeville
    heres a pic of my 27 model T project, I had hoped to get it done before the 2010 nsra change, but due to a twist of fate it didin't happen. Keep us posted on your build.:D

Attached Files:

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Guy buys a 32 4 dr. body that was on it's 3rd tour of ebay, adds a couple of (free) roached out 5/w quarters and a zillion hours of his labor and will end up with a straight 5/w-sounds like a great hot rod plan to me!!!
    I've seen plenty of perfectly restored Model A's, etc. sacrificed to make hammered hot rods and don't see anyone screaming. Shit, he didn't annouce that he was building a Ratrod.
    Just when exactly in hot rod history did 4 dr. 32's become sacred?

24. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Why has OZ40 thread been erased????

I need the pics...... coke bottle, can you email them to me?
    Or share to help others?
    Michael

25. I've always loved the 5 windows and can't wait to see how this comes out. Good luck with your build!

26. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

C'mon 32coupedeville keep the progress posted and maybe add some measurement to help us!! :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  27. basicbob

basicbob

Drew, neat project!!!! I would say most of the negitives are from the over 60 group like myself, too lazy & old to work in the garage. I, like many others do not have the talent or energy to convert a multi door to a 5 window.

How can so many be wanting a 1932 4 door? Are they actually looking or just talking about looking for one?

Good luck, Great to see someone young working on old 32 sheetmetal. After this is a 5 window would you want to convert a 32 bus into a 4 door?

Bob

28. A few of us Hambers happen to like 4 door Deuces,but again,it's your car. HRP

29. realkustom51

realkustom51

Drew! How many projects do you have going on at one time? :eek: Go for it man.

30. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

realkustom51 i have way to many. must sell something. the 32 is kinda high priority right now . i need to get some work done on it to skool so negative nancys out there.
    right now i am working on a 28model a sedan converted in to a 2 door tub with a roadster cowl, a hot rod v w , the renault dauphine, the oval i bought off of you , and the deuce. i never sleep. i figure i got time to rest when i am dead. haha. no i figure its good to be ambisious.

basic bob i will cut up and ruin anything but that bus is just to cool. looks like the party wagon for the nats in louisville to cruise the grounds. love to see it in person.

for those who want measurments , give me some time . (i have to finish my bville ride right now and i almost have it running. just finisher wiring it) .there will be pics of everything . i will detail every cut of how i ruin the deuce. then all those who what to do it can cut up and ruin there 4 door. the best part is there is about a good 20+ real steel 32 5 windows in a 50 min drive from me so i can get good measurements. that and i can walk to my front garage and measure my real 32 coupedeville.