Register now to get rid of these ads!

One Piece Bumpers for 53-54 Chevys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim Sideways, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

The new Street Rodder has an ad from chevs of the 40's. They are selling one piece bumpers for $331.50. They say they are triple plated. Sounded good to me so I thought I would post it on here for all the 53-54 guys and girls. There web sight is www.chevsofthe40s.com # is 800-999-2438.

2. Thanks for posting!

3. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

No problem, If everyone is like me I can't wait to get them. They have to be better than Bumper Boyzzzzzzzz;). Mine will be awhile next couple of weeks I am taking the frame to get blasted and start from bottom up, so I hope someone can let me know how they are on quality.

4. Let us know how you like them!

5. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

I hope some one here gets one before me...... I bet I wont be ready to put a bumper on for a year or Two:(:(. Poor boys wages and 5 kids in the house, but I will let you know in a couple of years LOL!!!

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I talked to them the other day on the phone. I was ready to order. The freight was not bad, $50 to ship them to Missouri. I did not order because their bumpers have the two little holes near the middle for the license plate. I wanted the one piece with the bumper bracket holes but no license plate holes. I have planned to use fold away license plates front and rear.

I am having some stuff plated. I should get it back in the next few days. If it looks good, I may send my bumpers off to the chrome plating shop. He quoted me a better price than Chev's of the 40's new bumpers but not that much cheaper.

John

7. adamshumard

adamshumard

I wish they did smoothies, bolts welded in and no plate holes. Some of the other bumpers offered by chevs are that way. I'm holdin out for the chance they might do smoothies.

8. CINCUENTA~TRES

CINCUENTA~TRES
    from BC, CANADA

The new Carshop catalogue has them in there as well...but i think they were $375.00

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

One piece bumpers were used on the west coast cars while the 3 piece bumpers were used on the east coast cars.