Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not another damn A coupe!!! Yup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneWolfNoCLub, Apr 9, 2010.

1. freebird101

freebird101

awesome cars, yeah what is the plan?

2. olskool34

olskool34

Another survivor model a coupe in the Detroit area Amen brother, I dig it.

3. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dwhile i would love to have a '32 5 window, i love the visor on my '34 pu, so i also really like the '30,'31 coupe' as well.
    great score.

4. Well, after much thinking, I think I will end up putting an auto in it, but it will be unoticeable from the outside. I will get another 'A shifer and make or adapt some linkage to make it operate the auto, and leave the clutch pedal.

I am looking for a Banger' to auto adapter if anybody has one i can borrow to do some R&D (rob and duplicate) or buy.... I have an older friend who is retired from 35 years at GM with his own machine shop, so if I can borrow one, he can duplicate it for me....

Doesnt mean I wont try to make some temporary hand controls of some sort and take her down the dirt road and see if I cant figure out a way to halfway safely drive it!

But in the mean time, I am looking for a dropped axle at a resonable cost and a model T rear spring so I can bring it down from the clouds so I can make the transfer from my wheelchair to get in the damn thing.... Then my buddies can drive me around at least.

Then I plan to DRIVE THE WHEELS OFF OF IT!!!! And hop up the 'Banger...

Got a '31 license plate on the way. so I can get her all registered. I plan to take her to Billetproof May 15..... What hubs can I switch to and retain the mechanical brakes?? I would like to get the rear caps on....

Thanks All!!!

James

[​IMG]

5. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Nice score dude. Good for you. I'll see you at Billetproof. Todd

6. Todd, that is your car in the Avatar, correct? I loved that story in HRD. Saw the car in person at autorama. If you are the guy I am thinking of, that is badass of you to duplicate that car....... I woulda shit if I stumbled upon that motor like you did. Always thought it was badass it was a michigan guy who found it. My dad lives in Ypsi, off of Clark, between Ford Blvd, and Prospect. See you at billetproof!!!

James

7. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Yep, That's me. Thanks for the compliments. I'll be watching your build. Have you looked on "The Ford Barn" for that adapter? Todd

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  8. fellow

fellow
    from LaPeer, MI

man i have had a lot of fun in the coupe. damn car can get through the mud and snow pretty good. dan is a good buddy of mine(the guy you bought it off of). the car is a trooper. i wanted it. hope to see it out and about. congrats

9. Haha thanks! I've seen the pic on the wall of him out in the field in the 36!!! He sure drives em!!! I like to think back to the old Black and white movies of these things bouncin' around through the 2-track mud "ruts" that used to pass for roads, and wonder how ANY survived!!!! I plan to drive the wheels off of it! In fact, I'm dyin to go for a ride IN it, since I cant drive it myself yet! Hope to see you and Dan around, he's a cool guy and a hell of a hot-rodder!!!

James

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Right on man! I can't wait to see your progress.

11. Big Tony

Big Tony

Congrat man and looks like you have done very well

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

One of those slide-out and in seats from a mini-van conversion may the ticket for the Model A.
    Your biggest problem will be stowage of your chair once aboard the A.