Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Nice cruise last night. Warner at the Lamplighter was really accommodating. The weather was great. Nice turnout. The cruise up the Bull was scary. The lowriders took over the Mobil station by Ralphs. That's got to be intimidating for that business owner. I heard that the parkers at Ralphs were booted and I saw them show up at Lamplighter. Also, the Rydell lot had a good number of cars (in the dark). Almost got into it with some beeeatch in her SUV that decided to unload people right across the main driveway while I was making a left turn from the opposite side. Some people should not breed, let alone drive!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Very good turnout! It should only get better and better with the advent of summer. Lots of people cruising and parking on the street. The police wrere great too. The only car that I saw pulled over was non-event related. The police who chased out the Ralph's cars was cool too. Instead of saying "go home" like they did years ago, he said go park somewhere else, like the Lamplighter, or on the street.

3. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Good Times - next month will be great!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  4. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

More fuzzy pics...

5. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Action on the Boulevard...

6. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Yeah I know, I need to work on 'focus'!

7. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Don't think so, it really imparts motion to the shot!!!

:)

alan

8. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

went out around 9pm, still a bunch of cruisers ... and yeah the gas station was jam packed ... a kool scene that i was involved in was when the streets on one side of the street was completely clear and about 6 of us made U turns in unison ... awesome time ...

9. Oh great, so you guys were out driving wrecklessly contributing to the deinquency that will only shut us down. Nice.

10. 4406

from Oklahoma

Looks like it was a great time. the memories, more pics please.

11. O.K. why does a lowrider have to be intimidating to the owner? where the people to skin tone to dark for you? sounds like a racist remark to me

12. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

While I personally don't know mzchevelle, I honestly don't think she was heading in that direction. I sincerely hope not. I do think that there is a little too much influence by the Hollywood movie industry, and that has created this dilemna. I would also like to point out, and this I have heard several times over, is that the station is actually happy with this. While no one may be buying that much gas, they are buying candy, cokes, beer and cigarettes, which is where those places make the overwhelming bulk of their income. There is little to no mark up on fuel but quite a bit on sundries and such. The proof of this, is that the station owner has yet to have the police chase them out. If it bothered him, they would be gone.

13. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

^ you gotta be kidding me, get that race talk out of here. Wrong thread and forum for that garbage.

[​IMG]

14. rev106

rev106

That was good. I can see it building up again in the summer months. Free ride in the A100 if anyone wants one!

15. The Atomic A100 is bad dude, went for a few laps in it. Thx Paulie.

16. Yo Miguel, what up? I know Rikki was not going there. And for all those concerned THAT Mobil station sells more gas on the cruise night then any other night so go buy gas there. Make the guy happy for us to be there. And before you get intimidated go look at the hours spent on those lowriders and you'll know why I appreciate rather then discriminate.

17. I'm not sure what the NUKE1 said to get himself banned. It was directed at me and not very nice from what I am told. Am I mad? No. What I was trying to say is that if your going to go down to Van Nuys please drive responsibly. We don't need to give any city officials any fuel to shut us down, again. And there is talk from what I am told. So be cool.

18. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

^ ooooh sounds ominous.

19. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

In January That Mobil was JAMMED with lowriders - great to look at, but I thought the owner would be pissed - glad to hear he's not, and those that hang are spending -evrybodys happy!
    Paulie - great to see the Atomic A100 out & about - Giving more rides than Disneyland & way cooler!

20. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i was at the mobil for half the night and the owners seemed kool with the lowriders parking there...she did ask them to move away from the pumps to let the customers in...all of them moved their cars w/o any arguements....they didnt seem "intimidating" at all...i did see a dude on a harley almost take out sum kid w/ his ape hangers...the handle bar was about 6 inches from his face..:eek:

21. Ya know, I hear that the only people having a problem is Ralph's. So I would think that if we didn't take over the Ralph's parking lot there would be no hassle.

22. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Sounds like synchronized driving to me!

23. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

OMG, WTF? It's amazing how easily people are offended. Let me explain so you don't think I'm a "racist". (BTW my Son is 1/2 Hispanic, so let's not take it to that level!)
    What I meant is, the Mobil lot was completely FULL and no customers could come in or out for gas. So, the gas station could not make any $$ with all of the CARS filling up their lot and parked at the pumps!
    Geez!

24. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

My sincere apologies to anyone that may have been offended. That was not my intent. Everyone was hanging out and having a great time. The lowrider cars were gorgeous and added to the variety of great cars. My bad....(please, spank me at the next cruise!)

25. Steve67

Steve67
    from Valencia

I'll spank you Rhonda :)

26. Everybody line up to spank rhonda.................

27. I'm surprised that you know what that means !

28. Did it have some sort of Paxton type blower?

29. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Was Navymailman out at this cruise taking his world famous...(at least LA Famous) beautiful pics? I still don't know what he looks like, so I don't know who to look for.
    Hey, Navymailman, if you're out there...I still owe you dinner for the great pics you took of my car last Summer! Find me! Rikki

30. elrobo818

elrobo818

:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.