Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford 4 door + 1 saw=5 window & tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 15, 2010.

1. lots of opinions, i look forward to more pics

2. RDR

RDR

I like where you're going....this thing will be ONE COOL chopped/channeled 32 5 window for sure!! AND a tub taboot! Keep up the good work and don't let anyone get in your way ! head down elbows up.....

3. chopt49

chopt49

Have saw will cut.. go nuts and build it!

Do keep posting updates, I want to see this come together.

4. JGRAFF

JGRAFF

I'm with ya all the way!! This thing will be cool. Let me know if you need any help throwin some sparks!

HMMMM.....I always wanted a tub.....HMMMMM:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. abone1930

abone1930

I would have did it to a 4dr model a, but not a 32 :D
    But you gave me a good ideal for my extra 4 door model a :)
    Lookin forward to the build picks :D

6. X 10 ! This should be interesting, cause this cat got mad skills :cool:

7. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I'm getting tired just thinking of all your projects. Renaults. . VW . . 5w . . . . tubs . . . . . I'm taking a nap (YAWN)

8. That's awesome...I'm subscribed to watch progress, which sounds promising.

Like others, I would have built the 4-door...probably because (like others) I don't have the beans to cut one up like that. More power to him, and I hope he pulls off something great.

9. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Wow...this build takes serious cahonies. Good luck to you. I don't possess even close to enough skill to pull this off. But even if I did, I don't think I could bring myself to cut up a Deuce, no matter what model you're going for. Especially if it's a nice as that fordor looks. But it's your body to do with as you please. So once again good luck. And please post pics of your progress. It will be interesting to see how the proportions come out.

10. 63c10

63c10
    from kentucky

You got some marbles taking on a job like this! I am looking forward to seeing this come together. And since our "hobby" is all about transformation I say cut it up!!

11. ocfab

ocfab

it's not too late to do this. This may be in my future depends on how my car looks after i strip it down

[​IMG]

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Once again, I'm shaking my head. If you truely have the skills to successfully pull off making a Coupe and a Pheaton out of this, then you didn't need to cut the 4dr up in the first place.

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Geez....Since when did so many "hot rodders" grow so affectionate towards four-doors?

I realize that everyone has their likes or dislikes, and I'll admit that out of all 4dr Sedans, the '32 Ford may be my favorite. But since this is a traditional hot rod forum...I have to point out that I can only think of one '32 4dr Sedan hot rod from the '40s-60s. Chet Herbert's is the only one I can think of...and I think his 4dr selection had something to do with him being in a wheelchair.

It's only a 4dr, deuce or not....since it's going to be used to fix a 5 window, I say cut that fucker up. I'll even plug in the sawzall for you! :)

I just measured both a 4dr door and a 5w door today, and the 4dr door is 1/4" shorter front to back, and taller overall through the window. So no, they aren't the same.

14. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

15. derelict

derelict

16. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

your car...your choice...good luck with the build!

17. Weld it back up. I'm actually looking for a fordor for my 32 chassis just because I like them.

Thought I saw this one on Ebay a few weeks back...

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

wow! i didnt know i would be shaking up the septic tank. i am not going to lie to ya this project is going to take alot of fab work but i am up for the challange. now when i am done , and this car will be built, there will always be people gripping at me that its not a real coupe and that the windows radis is off by so many degrees but in the end no one else was buying the car and it had been on ebay three times. now if it was so rare way didnt it sell????? i dont like cutting up cars for just cutting up cars . now i understand what 32's are worth. so if you cut up one not so popular car and end up with two good more desirable car. i really do not see a problem. to all the haters do look at this thread . to those who care keep up because in the next months there will be a 32 5 window coupe built with a little skill, alot of work, and a whole lot heart and soul to have a cool old hot rod.

the pin has been pulled from the grenade now its up to you to toss it. just dont be the last to be holding it.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think it's far more dangerous for me to have a actual 5w and try to bring it back then you trying to create one from a perfectly good 4dr hahahah!!!!

keep us posted!

20. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

-------------- YEA go for it. I would make the doors longer using a piece of the rear doors for better proportion and much easier to get in and out.Its your car, don't let others discourage you.I built a couple cars simular to what you are doing with friends giving me crap but when finished everyone liked them and wanted a ride,HA.Its fun creating your own custom ride.I like dare to be diferent cars.Belly button cars (everyone has one)to me are boring.Good luck and have fun!

21. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

wow....so much shit talking, and all of a sudden EVERYDODY is in love with 4 doors?!? Funny thing is, if this guy came on here with a finished car with amazing metalwork and presented as an already-done Fordor-to-coupe conversion, I think all the naysayers would be interested. So, give the guy a chance and he probably will blow you away with a cool 5w in the end. It's just a car anyway! jeez... Good luck with the build; I'm interested in seeing the results.

22. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

32coupedeville - I say go for it! This will be a great project, and I hope you post enough pics to show us how it is done.

23. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

NO DOUBT. When the hell did this become a restorers site???

When the hell did four doors become THAT cool???? ...UMM... Oh! On the third of NEVER. They might as well be 9 doors .

IS it going to be a full on restoration?? ..... then a restorer should have bought that car. It was a shell sitting somewhere .More than enough people knew about it to return it to it's rightful place in the annals of fourdoor history.

Dudes... four doors are for piano teachers. I tell Cheater Mike that in his beautiful original 33 fourdoor. I am as deeply appreciative of 32's as the next guy and as learned about them and their supposed "holy grail" rarity.
    At the end of the day it's a four door..rad if you want one.. but not even as close to being as rad as a 5 window.

I only hope your craftsmanship can match your ambition and you can be one righteous dude when it's all said and done

Oh and if that chaps your hide check out what CAN and should be done to all FOUR doors.

www.thecheatersgang.com/xav34.htm

PROPS to the SWISS.

(drops mike and walks off stage).

Rome

24. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

heck, I would trade my 5 window for a nice 4dr.. body

25. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Drew, the next time I'm out there I'm going to smack for not returning that car to it's glory! How dare you make a HOT ROD COUPE, you obviously have no idea what you're doing. Geeezzz all you do is screw stuff up!!!

Can I cut something up on it??? Hahahahahaha

I have the PERFECT Olds engine for you still.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  26. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

I have a very good 32 4-door ,too..

I would cut it up if i have a 32 5W body to measure.

I would build the rear quaters by myself, as i think Brookville roadster quaters are the wrong way to do it!

I wonder how a Rölling Bönes style 4 door would look alike ?

27. Normally I hate to see any Deuce cut up but after seeing what OZ40 did with the conversion of a Fordor to a 5W I have lightened up on this. If you can make it happen and do it justice in the end, it's your dime and your car. And it wasn't a complete cherry either, so that makes its easier to accept.

If we totally are against cutting on Deuces then I guess chopping one is out too!:D

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm looking forward to seeing this concept turned into a finished car! 32Coupedeville, your Fordoor to 5Window + a Tub sounds like a great project, Keep posting progress photos. Is there anything from the free 5window that will be used?[​IMG]

29. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

So plan is to chop, channel, and cut up original '32 4 door... wow, that's some depressing stuff right there.

30. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Yeah, really a shame that this guy wants to cut up his old car to build a nice hotrod..... I didn't know this was a restoration website, all the hotrods threw me off I guess. Go for it bud, I'm subscribing to your thread and look forward to seeing your progress!