Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help!! A fellow hamber and good friend is down and needs our help.HE GOT ROBBED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Get me a copy of that DVD Johnny. I have friends that work at Uhaul and if there's a plate on the vid,I can hopefully find the truck. I have a friend going up to Nor. Cal soon,and one of my members lives in Central Cal. and we have quite the daisy chain of people along the way. I know a lot of people,not just hotrodders and customizers,and i can get the word and info to them through a lot of venues,but I need any info or video you have ASAP. The quicker you get info out,the less time these thieves have to move shit. I hate thieves,and think they should be strung up by their genitals and used for tank target practice.

2. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Has to be someone that's been in the shop before,if they knew where the alarm system is located and where the shop cash was stashed and that the place next door was vacant and you could access the shop from the vacant location. Start looking in "your own back yard" as they would say.

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Agreed. They knew your were gone and not going to be stopping in, and they also knew where everything was. That to me makes it worse that someone who knows you could possibly have done this. Of course we could be wrong and it could have just been a random hit but seems a little to convieniant. Again as soon as the $$$ hits my paypal account, a few bucks will be coming your way.

4. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

How far is Los Altos from you and what day did this happen exactly? Los Altos is Stockton area I think. Just saw a fishy ad on C: posted on 4/10 for a '63 Riviera with rebuilt trans,new motor and new brake system for $3300. That price just seems a little too low for that much work. Also said MUST SELL THIS WEEKEND!

5. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

How far is Los Altos from you and what day did this happen exactly? Los Altos is Stockton area I think. Just saw a fishy ad on C: posted on 4/10 for a '63 Riviera with rebuilt trans,new motor and new brake system for $3300. That price just seems a little too low for that much work. Also said MUST SELL THIS WEEKEND! Area code on the number is (408)363-3703. I don't know if that's near Frsno,but it just seemed like an odd listing to me.

6. snelson57

snelson57

I would buy a swap spot there....Blown up photos of all the cars, bikes and distinctive features. TV playing the DVD on loop and offer the Hamb money as a reward for info leading to arrest and return of property. Somebody at that swap will know where this stuff is.

Good luck, Johnny....this sucks.

7. 51hrdtp

51hrdtp

Johnny will send a paypal out to ya when I get off work. Sorry about your loss and I will keep ya in my prayers.

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Hooligan63,
    Los Altos is 20 minutes or less from Johnny's shop!

9. johnnykck

johnnykck

Will check out c-list right now, thank you

10. johnnykck

johnnykck

Alright, one of you guys gave me the idea to sell some shop shirts on the HAMB, great Idea. So I posted the shirts I have for sale here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5130409#post5130409

Hope you guys like them and thank you to every body who buys one! I'll be out of the house for the rest of the day, handing out some fliers that I made with the info on what got stolen. I appreciate all your guys help! Much love!

11. 61TBird

61TBird

If you're out in the Evergreen area,give me a call and I'll help pass out fliers.
    Today is the weekly get-together at Boston Market(Scott and El Camino)
    Great place to hand out fliers too.

12. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

bump for lunch .......

13. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Last year a friend had his 63 Nova longroof stolen in SF, 3 months later another friend calls me & says Neil's car is up on CL..... Neil calls the guy & he says that he can meet him in SF. Turns out that his kid plays football down the street from Neil's house. Well, it was Neil's car & its been about 6 months & the car is still in SF impound. Thieves are so fucking stupid!

14. rjgideon

rjgideon

Sent a little cash your way. Good luck getting back on your feet, man. Stay positive and know that there are good people out there rooting for you.

15. binderfan

binderfan
    from bay area

Bump, and,

you've probably already seen this on CL but there is a bunch of 63 rivi parts up there from some guy in East San Jose, I emailed him about the door skin and he said it's white...probably not your customer's car but maybe worth checking out...especially since he posts pictures of everything he's selling EXCEPT the rivi parts...

Good luck-

16. johnnykck

johnnykck

thanks, checking it out now!

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

People can't be THAT stupid can they ? I pray to god that it is them so you can nail their ass.

18. Do you have the link?

The mods might let it slide...;)

19. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

20. Moderators. Craigslist links are sometimes frowned upon, but probably not this time...

21. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Ahh i see. i learn something new every day. joy

22. Hopefully the scumsucking thieves aren't on here. Johhny just a thought, don't put nothing about the HAMB on your fliers as you don't wanna give the thieves a heads up of all the great ideas here. I think every HAMBer in your area would put your fliers on their cars, shops etc. Why not a HAMB getogether at Alex's shop and hand out fliers. Sorry if I'm out of line Alex but just a good thought.

-Shiny

23. Johnny, you need to scan the flyer and start emailing it to folks! Quicker than delivering them. I have a scanner at the house if you need to use one. Come on by tonight if you can. I baked some strawberry and lemon cupcakes if you need some cheering up. Also, I sent Ryan an PM asking if he'd make this thread sticky. We'll see ---

24. You need to flier the Scott & El Camino cruise tonight at The Boston Market...Usually 200 people plus there.

25. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Is there anyway we can get a list going of tools that have been donated and things that mite be needed? I'm cash short but i'm sure i could dig up some tools in my garage i could spare if i had an idea of what's needed.

26. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I HATE F&*KING THEIVES!
    Sorry for your loss.I hope they catch those f%6king bastards.

27. DMFB

DMFB

Sorry to hear about this, I had it happen to me too, but on a MUCH smaller level. I'm a pretty poor SOB, but if you get a list of shit you need to get you closer to running on all 8 again, I'm sure I can help yas with something. Good luck to you brother.

28. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Let's bump this post to the top. I'm prayin' that the thieves reap what they have sown!

29. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

I'm:confused: surprised this isn't already a sticky. I wonder why?