Register now to get rid of these ads!

Straight axles breaking?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sarmentrout, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Where are Tiger axles made ?

Are they forged or cast ?

2. sarmentrout

sarmentrout
    BANNED
    from Camden NC

I'm sorry ...I have hacked in to a kinder garden forum...forgive me!

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

seems like you should feel right at home than if this is your opinion of Ryans Hard work and all of this sites tallent

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

yeah, I talked to a rod shop the other day about this issue.

But I can't say which shop. You know... because the lawyers may be watching this thread.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hey i think i heard of something all you guys should know..but im not going to tell you.....now ask yourself if that dont sound like a 4 year old in kindergarden

6. sarmentrout

sarmentrout
    BANNED
    from Camden NC

True Talent it is and a good website. Just a few ruin the rest....

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kinder garden? Is this the elusive garden where the plants are all kind to each other?

Kindergarten.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This same issue came up a while ago but then someone named the company as Speedway, now I'm not saying thats who it is just mentioning that someone said that a while ago.

Doc.

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

10. GreggAz

GreggAz

was the axle that broke forged or cast? was it made in USA did it have a pair of wings on it? give us a little bit more info to go on please

11. Weasel

Weasel

Just a small point for the OP here - a straight axle is exactly that - straight. Anything with any kind of drop in it is a dropped axle, solid axle, beam axle or whatever.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I've heard of two axles breaking in my lifetime (but I'm still young). One was talked about here on the HAMB (there's a link to it in this thread somewhere) and the other was an original Chevy truck axle.

Both cars were in accidents and pretty much totaled. I've never heard of one breaking under normal driving conditions.

13. either say who it is or close the fuckin post,this is not helping,me I prefer older axles but then Im running a truck axle under my street freak 56,and had a tube under the 32.....................

14. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

ive learned nothing reading this

15. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

This post is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good point and a pet hate of mine, an I beam is not a straight axle, original axles either I or tube are not straight axles.
    A straight axle, as stated is just that, they don't have the small kick up on either end and a dropped axle is about as far from a straight axle you can get without going to independent suspension.:mad:

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i think i have changed my mind..this thread needs to stay up ..as an example of the thread no one should ever post

19. mac762

mac762

Sorry to highjack this usless thread. No I'm not....who makes the axle with a pair of wings on it? My boss's friend bought a truck from a Hamber a while back and it has one of these on it. Are they alright?

PS You can pm me. I'm not a lawyer. :)

20. RDR

RDR

Years ago a motorhead friend of mine was towing a '37 sedan home from the guy he bought it from...had a chain wrapped around the frt axle...the tow car got slack; jerked up the chain and snapped the axle in half...they aren't built for strength forward aft like they are up and down, eh? S**t happens

21. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

I wonder if Tiger Axles are made anywhere near Camden NC

22. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

that would be Bell or a Super Bell

23. sarmentrout

sarmentrout
    BANNED
    from Camden NC

Thanks for the link, the-rodster! Even this guy that wrote the damn thing said HE WOULDN'T MENTION THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT BUILT THE AXLE. It's a great post and right on the money. Go read it.
    Go sand on him, he's got over 1700 post...lmfao you bunch of pussies!

Don't waste your time posting your silly comments, I will never visit this bull shit site again!

DON'T CHECK YOUR AXLES IT'S ALL GOOD, JUST KIDDING...LMFAO!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297140

24. Gerrys

Gerrys

This one broke. Don't know how many here are using it.[​IMG]

25. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

do us all a favor....stop visiting !!

26. mac762

mac762

Thanks PrimerDave.

27. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

at least sarmentrout has a sense of humor......he was just kidding us all along....wow, arent we a bunch of suckers! what a jack off. I suppose if you cant keep your car on the driveway while pushing it what should we really expect from his posts.....I couldnt resist the urge to continue to check the thread though...

28. I want to publically state for the record that I know nothing of axles breaking nor have I purchased an axle from an aftermarket company just in case there is some mean lawyer reading this thread. ;)

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only links or mentions I find for "Tiger" axles are for commercial or trailer axles with no mention of hot rod axles.

But there seems to be a Tiger brand of rear ends for circle track cars so maybe the option is for a "tiger" quickchange.
    ref: http://www.circletrack.com/drivetraintech/ctrp_1004_rolling_chassis_with_tiger_rear/index.html

There were rumors floating around 25 or so years ago about one of the "name" brand axle makers having axles break but I have never seen a photo or article to back that up.

These days with a lot of stuff being made off shore in plants with little or suspect quality control broken parts could be quite possible. I'm just going to take my little Genuine Ford I beam and ship it off to one of the HAMB axle droppers who constantly has a good reputation and say "do it".

Sarmentrout no need to get pissy an whiny just because the guys asked you to back up your comments. It's not the first time someone threw out something like this on the board and won't be the last and the answers are always the same. Back up what you have said or don't say it. and Spamming to push your product isn't cool.