Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So-Cal Employee needs your help! - Signed Vern Tardel AV8 Posters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doctorZ, Apr 12, 2010.

1. doctorZ

doctorZ

i was texting Asia last night and she seemed to be keeping her spirits high. she is having some ups and downs with the pain medications but was able to have her consultation for surgery yesterday and it looks like she is going to have to wait a few days before going back under the knife. she is incredibly thankful to everyone who is donating and wishing her well.

yes! volunteers are absolutely going to be needed before and during the benefit show. if you or anybody else is interested in helping, email or call my cell phone.
    thanks again to everyone!
    -rob

2. doctorZ

doctorZ

i have gotten a number of repeat questions so i'll answer them all at once:

if you are local, yes, you are more than welcome to drop donations off at the shop.

no, i don't mind if you repost this or the donations link to you website, in fact, i encourage it.

if you are interested in handing out fliers or putting them up in your store window, PM me your e-mail address and i will email you the pdf this evening as soon as it is available.

currently, the benefit is scheduled for sunday, april 25th from 2:00-8:30 at the california auto museum in sacramento. i am getting a terrific amount of help from sacramento swing time who is hooking us up with 4 volunteer bands and a burlesque show. we will be barbequeing and serving beer along with having dancing and a raffle. i will keep you all updated as things come together.

3. Fun Monkey

Fun Monkey
    from Sacramento

I am very pleased to be helping Asia by putting together a benefit for Asia with So Cal Speed Shop of Sacramento. The benefit will be April 25th from 1 to 9pm at the California Automobile Museum: 2200 Front Street, Downtown Sacramento. The benefit will include live music, dj and burlesque performances. You may bring donations for the raffle to So Cal, Sacramento. If you need more information, please feel free to call or text. 916-709-7360 Shonda/Fun Monkey

4. ericl1951

ericl1951

is it 1-9 or 2-8:30? please clarify..

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Just sent along a little something. I don't need the poster thanks. Honored to "pay forward" a small portion of the good Karma shown to Erin & I by so many HAMBers when my dumb ass totaled our car in 2008.

Prayers sent also Asia.........

6. 59lincoln

59lincoln

Asia, get well soon...no one can make a vodka fruit punch rockstar quite like you. See you soon

xo Erin

7. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  8. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

donation sent get well

9. quadcamiron

quadcamiron

I'll be dropping money by the shop this week and I'll be at the show to drop more. Asia is a great gal. It really sucks when this type of thing happens, especially to such a cool person.

10. Shanty Irish

Shanty Irish

Funny that this would be my first post, but thoughts and prayers go out for Asia. I couldn't give much, but every little bit helps.

11. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my wife just went through the same thing a couple months back only she was wearing a seatbelt. she broke a knee cap and had 10 stitches in her head. truck is totaled.

we also didnt have medical insurance at the time. we were 2 weeks away from it activating, we had already paid the fees and signed all the papers.

i wish her well and i hope to see her in better spirits. a crash like this is hard to recover from emotionally and physically. i donated, from my wife and i

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Well it's time i payed it forward.... many years ago ya'll on the hamb helped me sorry 25.00 isn't much but I know every little helps. Asia, wishing you a speedy recovery. hope to see you cruising the flat lands soon!

13. flat34pu

flat34pu

sorry to hear about Asia's accident, and our prayer's go out to her and wishing her a speedy recovery, i will attend her benefit and gladly help out with a donation.
    rich

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:p:p What I posted was not BS, far from it. The truth is hard to swallow isn't it ?

And I truly do hope Asia gets better. Too bad if your feelings were hurt :D

15. johnod

johnod

Good luck hon, never been very good at well wishing,,, just get well.

16. big creep

big creep

yea nice you send me a pm to tell me to fuck off. you are like school in the summer, no class at all! donate or leave!

17. doctorZ

doctorZ

I'd really like to squash this now. Asia is a part-time employee who started with us in the beginning of the year. Her agreement regarding insurance is between her and my bosses. I know nothing about it and can not speak one way or the other about it.
    I don't want this thread to get shut down because of your thoughts on our store or the parts we sell. I am blown away by how successful this has been so far and would hate for it to be stopped due to personal disagreements. If you have specific questions or problems you are all more than welcome to direct them to me personally through a PM, but this forum is not the place.

18. 50skalpedponcho

50skalpedponcho

To Asia - Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We sent a little something - hope it helps. We miss you and all of our friends in Cali. Hope to see you again someday.
    Take care,
    Jake and Scotty Bruemmer

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Prayers from the Midwest. PS: That car sort of looks like the 59 the insurance institute destroyed... Ouch.

Here is to a speedy recovery.

20. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Shonda you are Awesome!!!

21. karfer67

karfer67

when kimmy told me about this i was in shock. she is such a good person and no one deserves this less than to happen to her. unfortunately i will not be able to make the show i am getting married that day sorry cant get outta that one. but i assume you guys are doing a raffle there? well i am going to call out the local pinstripers to do panels here and now. i am low on cash but i can find some tin laying around the garage to lay some lines on. then maybe at the show do an auction? just a thought come on boys lets help a girl out.

22. Pay Pal sent.

Get well quick Asia!

Dennis & Sue O'Brien

23. jscoma47

jscoma47

Get Well...
    paypal sent.

24. leadsledjohnny

leadsledjohnny

Donation has been sent-our prayers and thoughts are with Asia for a speedy recovery!

Vanessa and Johnny "Sunnyvale"

25. Mister Gasser

Mister Gasser

I'm short on cash now but my prayers and thoughts are with her and I wish her a fast and full recovery.

26. Pay pal donation sent, prayers for a speedy recovery.

27. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

My prayers and candolences to Asia Tuschen. If I am able I will contribute to her recovery fund. Hell, that could have just as easily been me in my '64 Impala sans seat belts. My hart goes out to her and her Chevy.

28. Asia, wishing you a speedy and full recovery! I have a soft spot for 59's also, sad to see this happen to you and the car.

29. Darling Danika

Darling Danika
    from sacramento

yes that is her!

30. Best wishes and prayers for a total and speedy recovery.

And let's also make something good come out of this. There is no excuse in this day and age to not have at least lap belts in your old car and three points are not that hard to do. I know, I installed them in my 56 Fairlane by using an aftermarket kit and a bit of common sense on the install of the post for the shoulder belt. Forget the new wheels, wide whites, dual exhasut, lowering, etc untill you make your car SAFE!

Please people let this tragedy serve as a wake up call so we don't have more threads like this in the future!!