Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doing a 1965 Riviera frame up Resto-Mod

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Gee_Rydes, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Gee_Rydes

Gee_Rydes
    from SoCal

Hey guys,

Glad to be aboard. I am in the middle of a crazy over the top resto mod on my latest 65 Riviera. I am documenting the entire process on a Facebook page dedicated to the build.

Trying to incoorporate concept car styling cues without going too far into custom. Engine compartment is going to be CRAZY

Check it out if you have the time

Thanks
    Dave

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

3. roddinron

roddinron

'65 misses the cut off year of '64 here, but if it's a cool build, they might let it slide. Welcome to the HAMB.

4. Gee_Rydes

Gee_Rydes
    from SoCal

How 'bout if I say she was born in late 64?

HA

5. Works for me, not that it's ever been important..! Welcome from New Zealand from another Buick owner.

If you can find some of the old AMT 3-in-1 customising kits from the era when your car was new (or images of the cartons, etc) you might find some interesting ideas. Also have a look at some of the clays that were done when the design was first being developed by GM (Cadillac Division, would you believe?), as it might give you some inspiration.

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

your good with that riv...it shares the 64 body...

7. whisky runner

whisky runner

NICE "riv"..i have one i was going to restore but now am involved in too many others..:( i think i might parts it out..give me a hollar if you get to needing anything..keep up the great looking work..cant wait to see more...R.C.

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

There really isn't a "set" cutoff for year of car on the HAMB... That cutoff ONLY applies to the classifieds.....:) http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=9063589

If it's a traditional "style" ride....it's all good.....whether a '69 front engine dragster, or '65 Rivi.....:D

And welcome Gee.....post up a pic or two of yer '65, I have a '63 I'm slowly fixing up, that is until I trade it off like I always do....haha!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. BinderRod

BinderRod

I follow you build on face book. I can't believe you were not on the HAMB. Keith Austin:eek:

10. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

11. Gee_Rydes

Gee_Rydes
    from SoCal

Hey there Keith,
    I have watched this forum for years, but never stepped up.

You Nailhead guys may appreciate some of the crap I have done and will do on this girl. Working on a hidden hard lined PCV system, hard lined Heater hoses (at least where they are visable on the motor), and those low mount accessories of course.

This ain't gonna be your typical Riv, I promise

Dave

12. Gee_Rydes

Gee_Rydes
    from SoCal

Posted a couple of my Nailhead pictures on my sign in page. I was going to run a 401 I had done and now changed to a 425 that I am going Tri Power on. Not too many Rivs with the Tri Power out there. Lots of dual quads.

Rear mount spark plug separators
    Coil laid down
    Low mount accessories
    Re-worked upper hose

Couple things different I am doing

13. Solamente1954

Solamente1954

That engine looks clean... I like your buddies car too it was at the goodguys show this past weekend and boy was it clean. I am building my 64 too and I love mine to death.

14. Gee_Rydes

Gee_Rydes
    from SoCal

Thanks.
    Tri Power should be landing next week and I'll put a couple pics up.

15. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I know thus was 2010 post...Do you have any close up pics of these low mount alternator? I think thats really slick, if I can figure out a place for it in mine, I like your idea. Assuming you custom fabbed mounts? Never seen any fir sale.

Attached Files: