Register now to get rid of these ads!

1946 Chevy, Ford, Dodge Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon, Aug 16, 2009.

?
  1. Chevy

47.7%
  2. Ford

18.7%
  3. Dodge

33.5%
  1. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Which is cooler and why?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. budd

budd

i have a 45 gmc now and i had a 46 chevy when i was 20, i had some great times in that old truck.

3. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

for 46 it would be chevy-dodge-ford for me. Ford was ugly til the F-1 came out. 42 (?) 47 kinda sucked.

I wouldn't kick any one of them out of my shop. and put them in that order purely on style. no brand bias

had a 40 something Dodge field truck/lawn ornament for a few years. sold it for $200.00 back around 1990 and had a hard time selling it. that will tell you how rusty it was.

5. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

yea, that ford is preety ugly. dodge is cool.

6. They're all pretty much ugly. Amazing that FORD could go from the 40-41 which is gorgeous to that horrible thing in 42-47

7. 416Ford

416Ford

I have two dodges now but like the front end of the Chevy better(light). The Ford is just not my style.

8. off-beat

off-beat

Personally, I like the ford. I love the front end on those trucks, but I seem to be the only one. The chevy is nice too, the dodge is kind of homely.

9. belair

belair

I hate the Chevy the least.

10. Voted Chevy for obvious reasons...I've had mine since 1977! My brother has a '41 panel (same body style).

I'm looking for another cab for #2. Need to find one close to me so I don't have to pay double just to ship it! PM me if you have one in my area!

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My granddad in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia drove a '46 Dodge that he bought new and kept until he died in '71. He bought it from my great uncle Walt, who owned a Dodge dealership in West Virginia, so I'm kinda partial to the Dodge, even though I've owned a '46 Ford PU.

12. I would either in a heartbeat, but the Dodge gets my vote. They are different and look good.

13. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

the 46 chevy because my grandfather befroe he died my dad has 4 41-46 chevy/gmc and one of them is my grandfather 46 chevy pick-up , and i have and had about 15 trucks from 41-46 chevy/gmc and a still have some of them including my 1946 chevy pick-up. those fords and dodge and cool too.thanks

14. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

Dodge cab has cool lines on it and the Chevy front end is the best. The Ford is just not doing it.

15. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Gotta be Chevy, for obvious reasons :D. Second choice would be Dodge, as I've always liked those ugly ducklings. Sorry, but the Fords of that year do nothing for me. I've yet to see one stock or customized that I liked.

Attached Files:

16. Dodge - Chevy - Ford.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

they are all ugly that year!!

Why isnt Hudson an option!!

18. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

My old pops had a 47 dodge they look good exept the head lights to me it looks like a design friggup they forgot to put them on then said shit give me a hammer knocked a dent in the fender and bolted a light to it.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My '42 Ford makes me happy just because it is so ugly! (same as '46) Something cool about owning Fords ugliest vehicle ever.

20. Zooker

Zooker

Come on... the sure winner is International! Of course I'm a little biased!:D

Attached Files:

21. Chevy then Dodge cause of the freak value then Ford because its the only one left

22. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Chev obv,but i got a long way ta go yet.....the blue inter is cool..

23. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I vote for Chevy because I own one...for the last month only! But I gotta admit I always thought all from this year as ugly ducks. Now? I think they're kinda "so ugly they're cute" as my girlfriend would say of a dog!

Mine fell in my lap with 350/350, Jag rearend, four wheel power disc's, power rack and pinion, newly powder coated rims. I am having it pro re-wired as I type this. I was looking for a '55-'57 at the time I fell into the '46. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Here it is as it sits now:

Attached Files:

24. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Fords are SOOO ugly they're cool.
    Here's mine. I think I'll name 'er "Lipstick-on-a-Pig".

[​IMG]

25. ...they are all beautiful!

26. chevy of course, not that I'm biased or anything

[​IMG]

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I've seen Fords done right for those years but I think the Dodge is the best looking however that Chevy is hard to beat.

28. I have one of those ugly 42-47 Ford panels trucks. I just keep saying it is a 1946 as I am still trying to identify the frame and body. I've been searching for a panel to rebuild for awhile but living in apartments in larger cities has prevented this venture.
    Things have changed and now I own Fords ugliest.

29. OldChevyTruck

OldChevyTruck
    from Mica WA

Hell I have two out of the three. 1941 Chev and 1946 Dodge

Personally I think the Chevy's look cooler when complete but I also think MY Dodge is cooler than my Chev simply because it's more ratty.

Attached Files: