Register now to get rid of these ads!

HDR Pics from Flickr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awoo23, Mar 31, 2010.

1. DerKafer

DerKafer
    from San Diego

I like it. Keep up the good work!

2. Why cant my eyeballs see like that? Its pretty cool stuff...shiny looks shiny, suede looks suede, what more can ya ask for....well, maybe some shots like this of the gals from VLV???

3. awoo23

awoo23

Cool Lotus, let us know how the posters turn out. I mentioned earlier in my post that my gf had trouble printing it. I believe it was because she printed them in JPG.

I later found that you should be printing in TIFF and using JPG for the web.

4. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I have not made my posters yet...might try one this weekend. Here is another photo i was just messing around with.

Attached Files:

• hdr.jpg
      hdr.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Brahm

Brahm

uughh.. this is a really bad usage of HDR. HDR a technic that was created to allow you to show a larger range of light in the same photo ie.. in a photo where the shadows would be blacked out, and the sky would be blown out. You would take a photo with the sky metered, take a photo with the shadows metered, take a photo of the subject, and use hdr processing to combine them all.

I have to agree with gnichols, and others. I come from an action sports photography background where outside of a small bit of post processing photo manipulation is really frowned upon.

A good HDR photo, shouldn't look like it's been photochopped

I've seen alot more of this lately, and it's just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Alot of great photos ruined by terrible post overdone post processing..and alot of terrible photos masked the same way.

ps.. here is a tip. If you start seeing a halo.. You've over processed your images.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. Brahm

Brahm

If you going to print, you want them to be CMYK (depends on your printer actually), 300DPI, and non-compressed. So yes a Tiff, or PSD will work fine. You can print higher res jpgs but the quality drop will be noticeable depending on the printer you are using.