Register now to get rid of these ads!

Free pass to heaven for building this 5 window!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Apr 2, 2010.

1. DMFB

DMFB

So I am trying like hell to get my truck done. I was looking forward to enjoying cruising around in it for a while before starting another project when my next adventure fell into my lap. A buddy of mine had this very sad 30 model A 5 window (but has a title thankfully). He didn't have time for it (Too many projects), so I swapped him some parts/work for it. It looks worse than it is, but rough as hell none the less. I already have new sub rails and most of the patch panels, and nicer doors. I am going to re-skin the deck lid and louver the shit out of it. I already have a 47 flathead, banjo rear, that should work out nicely. I am thinking 4 inch chop, build 32 style rails (crossdrilled), 6 inch drop axle, spindle mounts up front, torque thrust out back....Not sure on the color, but I do know it will be a silly amount of flake. (As Nailhead Terry would say "It'll make a bass boat run") Anyway, here are some pics when I got her home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Looks like fun! roof fill looks a little rough..

3. ken1939

ken1939

When the world gives you lemons...Break out the welder!

That will be a neat coupe when done. Most would look and say wtf, not I. Will be neat to see build pics.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great new project, congratulations.

But....................

Dude, for the love of god stop calling it a 5 window. So yeah it is but there is no need to specify it as a 5 window, THEY ALL WERE IN '30.
    The only cars Ford made that year that are not 5 windows are known as what they are, like a sports coupe is not called a 3 window its known as a 'Sports Coupe'. Specifying the number of windows in a '30 just seems amateurish (Not that I'm calling you an amateur)
    I know it sounds like nit picking and pointless but its just part of the culture, It just sounds wrong.

Doc.

5. Model A Speedster

Model A Speedster

There's hope for the old girl yet! Good luck with your project - keep us posted.

6. DMFB

DMFB

It does in the pics, but it is actually just a piece of metal some screwed in. I was able to unscrew the ones I tried. I'm going to leave it in until I have the new sub rails in it.....I think that roof fill is the only thing keeping it from rolling up into a ball, haha. I plan on putting snaps up there with some canvas once done.

Also.....

Sorry for the incorrect terminology. I have a sweet 30 Model A Coupe that I can't wait to get crackin' on. Now that everyone is happy, on with the build.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Sorry for the incorrect terminology. I have a sweet 30 Model A Coupe that I can't wait to get crackin' on. Now that everyone is happy, on with the build."

Is it a 5-window???? :D

8. DMFB

DMFB

HAHAHA! Man, I would have wrote the same thing.

9. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Times 2

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

It is not a bad start good luck.

11. gotta admit, when I saw "5-window" in the title I assumed it was a '32...pretty sure most just refer to them as coupes...

Good luck on the build...

12. chris55

chris55

Looks like way to much work! So to save you from all that work, I'll come over and take it off your hands...:D

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its a rough specimen but break out the welder and sheet steel and give it hell , and post some build photos , please

14. Yes pet peeve of mine x3

Good luck with the coopay and keep us updated. With as much missing on the bottom of that I would lean towards a reverse channel like loudpedal did on the Green grenade.

15. Dude, is that 5 window roof not square? It leans to one side. Ooops I said 5 window, will the Hot Rod Gods now beat me with an H beam connecting rod?

16. chris55

chris55

Now thats funny.:D

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

16 posts and no one has given the standard reply. I'll have at it so we can all rest easy.

CHOP THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!

There...............I feel so much better......................not really:rolleyes:

Frank

18. DMFB

DMFB

You know, I just posted some pics on here about a cool car I am building next, not to get a bunch of shit for calling it a 5 window. 16 post, with most of them being about that. A couple of the names I see on there I have never seen one positive response on one single thread from. Some of you guys take yourselves a little too fuckin serious. Shut the fuck up, get off the computer, quit "pissing up ropes", and go build something.

P.S. Thanks Chris,R Seghi, and fab32.

19. I really admire your tenacity to build a "6" window coupe. You inspire me to do my "4" window delivery...real soon...after the shop is built...one day...I hope.

Mikey
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    "does worse things to bad cars"

Attached Files:

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No one is giving you shit, just pointing something out. Personally I appreciate being told if I'm saying or doing something wrong like that. You guys need to relax and stop reading so much into something.
    And, as I said, Its a great looking new project.
    Doc.

21. DMFB

DMFB

"Good luck with the coopay and keep us updated. With as much missing on the bottom of that I would lean towards a reverse channel like loudpedal did on the Green grenade."

I was checkin that out last night. I think that is what is going to happen.

22. rustyhood

rustyhood

That has all the makings of a fun build! I would even consider making it a 3 window just to be different. What ever you do with it......have fun and make it your own! :D

23. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

What the hell is a reverse channel and what's the advantage? Green Granade is one of my favorite coupes.

24. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I've always thought 4" chop is too much on these. It depends on your taste and interior comfort level of course, but cut carefully, it's a lot easier to cut more than to put some back in.

25. xsquiden

xsquiden

Good luck looks like it will be fun and screw the haters.
    later
    mike

26. squid

squid

As far as chopping goes............... CUT IT! CUT IT! CUT IT! CUT IT! :D :D :D :D

27. DMFB

DMFB

After I get the body straightened back out and mounted to the rails, it will get whacked. I will teach that roof a lesson! haha. No worries there.

28. I had a buddy who built a thirty two duece coupe that started with something that was worse than that...

Sam

29. DMFB

DMFB

I too have seen much worse resurrected from the dead. I know it can be done. My pick up was pretty bad, but not as bad as this coupe. The is a new level for me, and I am excited to step in and whip its ass.....or epically fail trying, lol.

30. rustyhood

rustyhood

No one is a failure as long as they have a welder! and if you have a welder, bad cuts make you a better welder! My 2c:D