Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Retrorod

Retrorod

That's my wife wheeling a piece for her roadster. She likes hot rods just fine.

Flower on the wheel (Small).JPG

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

My wife just booked us a room at the host hotel for the GoodGuys "Indy" show, talked me into getting the 6.0 LS1 for the Diamond T, and is busy planning the rebuild of our "Tini-Home" trailer project. She's into it. Having our car featured in "HOT ROD" hasn't hurt her enthusiasm one little bit! :D

3. Keith English

Keith English

yeah they both do! one has a 35 ford truck the other a 28 ford sedan.

Attached Files:

4. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

bingo!!!!

5. I quote my ex girlfriend "If you ever talk about cars again I'm going to explode, I'm sorry but its true" and I barely said a word about them even before she said that :( (yet she would talk about horses and books all day, and I listened)

Hayden

6. Shagrat

Shagrat

My wife likes old cars, but she prefers them STOCK!

7. dirtbag_46

dirtbag_46
    from ohio

For some dumbassed reason I wish I had an old lady. I hope I snap out of it soon. Haha

8. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

My wife of 15 years loves goin to the shows.. If we had the cash she would have her own.. One day she will... I owe her that for puttin up with my shit!

9. I told her when we met, "THIS IS WHAT I DO, HOT RODS,LOUD MUSIC AND BEER". She is still trying to change me.

10. guiseart

guiseart

yes... they both enjoy the hotrod scene.

11. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

We finished my wifes 1970 Cougar XR-7 (she drove on in college and had to have another) a couple years ago and we did the show thing and she did real well.....now she likes to just cruse. She goes to all of ther swap mets with me (she has a better eye looking for parts than I do) and now I have finished my 53' Merc Convertible so last year we started going to the cruses together and it is a blast.....

12. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

cars are expensive enough...i had a girlfriend for 5 years....she said it was cars or her....i still have the cars

13. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

My wife is very tolerant of my "car sickness". Swap Meets & most shows are for time spent with my friends/buddies. She has her stuff to do, I've got mine. Works out very nicely.

14. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Mine hates it...most times the only reason she goes is to get a nice meal after the show. Giz'

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

my girlfriend isnt into cars or going to shows at all. I took her to a local cruise in a couple yrs ago and she would make fun of that particular show to her friends..and still does to some degree now. so..no i dont take her along that much.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I swear that I will go it alone before I get another one that is not supportive of what I am doing, and what makes me happy.

17. fbama73

fbama73

When I was dating my wife, I asked if she would like to go to the local cruise in. She enthusiastically said yes. While we were there, she peeked into the back of a <yawn> '69 Camaro, looked at the blue bottle and said "oooh- Nitrous!"

figured her as a keeper right then.

And, she swiped the change jars from September to about a month ago, skimmed twenty bucks here and there on the grocery bill to hand me an envelope full of cash and said "go get a project car."

Yeah, I was right.

18. I don't want to hear, "You don't need another car!" So, I skipped my first marriage. So if she ever says, "we should sell one these cars!" Imma tell her, "She's starting to sound like my Ex-Wife!" She'll more than likely say, "I thought I was your first wife." An I will assure her, she is..but she's starting to sound like my Ex Wife! So maybe after I finish up the Lakebed Racer project, that I haven't even started on. Maybe then I will come out of my cave. Otherwise, I dont mind the extra room full of the parts I don't want out of my sight!

19. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

My current girlfriend loves the shows and wants to come out into the garage with me and work on my car!! and not only that she loaned me $400 to buy my galaxie!!! I think shes a keeper!!

20. My wife loves cars and the car scene. For us, it starts on Friday night and goes to Sunday night. She is a great helper in the garage when I need a third hand and my son is not around.

21. burnout2614

burnout2614

my gf takes time off work to go to shows with me, loves to watch me race too! peace

22. TOM-KAT38

TOM-KAT38

My wife loves it! She probably puts more miles on my 38 chev than I do. Kathy is one of the Lipstick Run girls and travels all over the the place with "Hot Rod Liz" and Babs. My daughter Dana and grandson Alex cruise Winnipeg and area in my Chevy II convert. This is family fun!!! Tom

23. gotmark73

gotmark73

My wife not only enjoys it, she helps me with the hot rod.

24. It's terrible. Don't get involved with women that are into cars, they'll suck up all your time and money. They break band saw blades, forget to shut the gas bottle off, and steal those cool parts you have stashed away for future projects.

Pic of the wife's new coupe...

Attached Files:

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my wife is a through and through gearhead just like me. she loves working on cars nearly as much as i do and she puts me in my place when i start talking crazy talk or go off the traditional path. she makes me walk the line for sure!

this is her tuning up her 65 lesabre. she had french manicured nails under those gloves LOL

[​IMG]

26. my wife of 8yrs is into it somewhat, but hates the money cost side of it...we're both on low income...so it hurts her to see me spend the money i do on my cars..other than that, we go cruising in my 65 Galaxie vert...she slides over to the middle of the seat..and thats kool to me...guys, its also a 50/50 thing...do my stuff, and do her stuff...happy wife is a happy home and daddy gets nooky

27. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

sometimes i wish she werent into it though cause i hate having to share my car money on her cars but i know it would be purses or shoes otherwise so i cant complain too much

28. 10bucks

10bucks

Shoot, she said tonight it's Her car.

29. daddylama

daddylama

ex wife dug the hot rod/custom scene. ex girlfriend did, too.

damn shame that they found out about each other and made a big scene about it. lost a few cool cars in the divorce. had to sell the rest.

current wife is just tolerable, but doesn't understand hot rods... and definitely not into 'em. (does like the harleys in the garage, though).

30. duste01

duste01

No, thats why my project has been named "Miss Tris".