Register now to get rid of these ads!

History F**K That *other* Pontiac thread, let's see what made 'em GRRRREAT!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Apr 28, 2009.

1. My wife and I are collectors and have about 17 in the current stable, but my favourite daily driver is by far our mild custom 60 Ventura. We picked it up in Livermore about 3 years ago, drove it home, had the front seat re-upholsterd and then I did my first paint job on it. Its made a few 17, and now 16 second passes down the strip and always draws a crowd. The remote doorlocks are a little sketchy sometimes, but I just can't keep the grin off my face while driving it. My friends and I call it Kroozado. Here's a few pics, when we got it and now.

Attached Files:

2. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

No recess on the cover, light reflection...

3. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

You may have bought it from Year One, but Pontiac NEVER put one on there from the factory! (except the 71-2 455HO) NO 400's ever had a decal on the air cleaner.

4. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

My dad's Bonneville back in the late 70's. He still has the car, and it looks great. I look a little different now though :)

Attached Files:

• 678.jpg
      678.jpg
      File size:
      147 KB
      Views:
  5. Slow55

Slow55

6. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

7. Some of my buddy, Darwin's pontiacs..
    The chopped 29 series 40 coupe has since been assembled and sold...ran a 350 Pontiac with 350 turbo
    I built the engine for the 40 sedan...a hotrod 428 with a 400 turbo and a 3.73 Trans-am posi, discbrake 10 bolt...runs hard!
    The 29 sedan is slowly being assembled as we find parts.

Attached Files:

8. monsterflake

monsterflake

more pontiacs from the 'vintage stock car' thread...

Attached Files:

9. TRuss

TRuss

This thread actually touches me even though I've never owned a Pontiac. First off Fireball Roberts on the first page was a hero to many...My Dad and Uncle included. They have always lamented that he died in a Ford. Knight Rider was enjoyed as a child and I will always love Smokey and The Bandit. And the Judge was the second coolest car in Dazed and Confused only to Wooderson's big block Chevelle. A '64 GTO will always be on the wish list. I am also a fan of 4th gen F bodies and as a result have seen some pretty mean TA's and Formulas. There is a mean Australian car running around here with what I hear has close to 500 hp at the wheels. It is nuts to hear it. And when my Dad and I were looking for our first project, there was a '78 Bandit car that was heavily considered. By this time though my interest was completely enveloped by traditional rods and customs and we went with something different. I still think of the possibility of that Trans Am from time to time though.

10. I just wanted to remind everyone that the 12th annual Pontiac Heaven is about a week away. It is the only true Pontiac event for REAL Pontiac fans. There are no corporate late models. Everything must be Real Pontiac powered.
    This year, it is 4 days and includes special presentations by Jim Ewen who was a Pontiac designer from 1957 thourgh the 60s and worked for GM for 40 years. Also Cofounder of HO racing, Craig Hendrickson, I'll be doing a presentation on cooling and starting systems. There are multiple cruise ins, car show, drag racing, special exhibitions, ultra rare displays including the only known existing blown M/T Pontiac HEMI, my blown nitro burning 389 AA/Fuel Dragster, Pontiac parade, parts swap, vendors, good food, music, model contest and much more.
    Come to Phoenix in April.
    The Nostalgic Show & Go1 tops off the weekend on Sunday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    More info on event sites-
    www.pontiacheaven.org
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

Thanks,
    Steve

11. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Only a week away? Where did I lose the entire month of March?

12. F#ckin' Fireball Roberts in Yunicks '62 421 SD Catalina and Marvin Panch's '60 Catalina also painted by Yunick--the sickest GD cars ever made from Pontiac in the early 60's-pure GD monsters!!!

13. Wolfie

Wolfie

My first NEW car was a '60 Pontiac Catalina when I was still living back in Davenport, Iowa. Pontiacs were very popular back then and most folks were familiar with Cordova Drag Strip and Arnie Beswick. I did get another one in the early '70s, a '61 Venturra 389, 4 speed with the Pontiac alum. wheels and 456 gears. Some said that it was one of Mickeys old cars but I couldn't prove that.

Wolf

14. Master of None

Master of None

Because of this. Its a 1960 super duty manifod, it must weigh 50lbs. but man does it look cool.:D

Attached Files:

15. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Just got outa the Air Force in '65 ,,bought this RED '64 GTO ,,this is in 1966 ,,at Polar Dragway ,,Anchorage ,Alaska , 389/ tri-power/ 4 speed in the C/Stock final ,,ran a 13;20 to that black ones 13;40 ,,got a nice trophy ,,,those were the fun days fer sure ,,later I had a black '66 ,,but didn't race it,,
    [​IMG]

16. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,I'd just driven that GTO back up the Al-Can from a vacation back home in Des Moines ,Iowa ,,4000 miles ,1400 miles of gravel Hi-Way in the Yukon ,,,got back that Sunday morning ,,borrowed a set of 7 inch slicks ,,didn't even change the plugs,,threw the suit cases out in the pits ,,my wife & one year old son sat on em n watched over 50 C/Stockers race that day ,,,new SS396 Chevelles,,442's,Buick Gran Sports ,Mustangs,.,AMC's ,,& MOPARS ,,a really big field ,,us two '64 "Goats" were the quickest that day ,,that black one was my buddy ,,Bill Vaughn ,,the anouncer had trouble over the loud speaker with our names ,,since mines Bill Conn ,,fun time,,

17. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,My old red '64 GTO is now a 8 second pro-mod car ,,owned n driven by a kid that helped me with my race cars back then , Billy Creech ,,go to www.alaskaracewaypark.com ,,there's sum pcs of it on their pic pages ,,

18. SOLO

SOLO

I love Pontiacs. here's a couple cars of mine.

Attached Files:

19. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's one I picked up a few years ago and flipped to Richard Lentinello, the editor of Hemmings Classic Cars. It had been sitting since about 1970 or so and had about 60K miles on it. It's actually already been in a magazine (HCC), illustrating an article on how to buy a project car..... the only car I've ever owned that's been in a magazine![​IMG]

20. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

I've got a 61 Pontiac for my next project. I can't wait to get started on it.

[​IMG]

Here's a couple of nice 61's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. monsterflake

monsterflake

shit, i'd trade my gto AND my 2+2 for a '61...

22. sinatrakool

sinatrakool
    from Upstate NY

bought this from a fellow Hamber in So.Cal. she now creep's the streets in "The Home Of Uncle Sam"[​IMG]

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

24. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i still consider myself a buick kinda guy but these damn ponchos are really growing on me!!!

heres my '55 wagon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my dads '56
    [​IMG]

and his '55

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, heres a buddies '55 (although he may have already posted it)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

also found this on the hamb not too long ago...

[​IMG]

26. monsterflake

monsterflake

this week, on ebay...

421 2+2, tri-power and four speed, 30,000 and hasn't met reserve...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'd love to get this one, ended at around 25,000, reserve not met...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more from current ebay listings...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

from chicago slacker's coverage of cordova race a few weeks ago...

[​IMG]

this one's in the hamb classifieds for 6800...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the ebay SD lemans is coming together...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

38pickup's project pontiac...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. havi

havi

Formerly green (in previous post here) now white.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      453.2 KB
      Views:
  29. Old Gold

Old Gold

My rocker lying, bagged & channeled 57' hdtp:
    [​IMG]

30. gregneun

gregneun