Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done this weekend???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Did the same thing this thread started out with on a very similar car. Blackwalls off, wide whites on..........

Attached Files:

2. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Hit a swap meet this morning then with the help of my buddy timmy p got the brakes bled on my 50 ford and got her on the road that was a good feeling woo hoo!!!!

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Modified the '40 Buick crossmember for my '37 Buick.

Here is the '40 in the front and the rotted member in the rear:

[​IMG]

Here it is with the new pieces:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temporally bolted it into the frame:

[​IMG]

I had to cut the front part of the right frame rail to get the old crossmember out. After bolting the crossmember in I welded the piece back on:

[​IMG]

4. Got to the point where I needed some more tubing bent for my roll cage and quit.

5. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Have company from UK but they went to a ball game, so waxed the 41 for going to Del Mar. I know no wax but just HAD TO DO IT

6. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

scrapped an uncracked flatty. still a little pissed bouut it.

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

last week I had a machinist mate some '50 Merc housing ends to a pair of '39 banjo side bells and carve a little on the ring and carrier
    I put the Rodsville center between them and yesterday
    I did a mock up of the quickchange under the T to see what needs to happen to the frame..
    also stuck the '37 Lasalle transmission behind the 324 Olds to check it's fit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

I got a ton of stuff done this weekend on mine!

I got off early Friday so I had a head start on the weekend. I managed to track down all the rest of the missing parts for my rear brakes that had been missing everything inside the drums when I opened them up the first time. I got everything installed and managed to get enough other stuff put together that I was able to drive the car down the driveway and back for the very first time!!!

It was really not quite ready to be driven - It didn't have an accelerator pedal, Shifter, seat, along with a ton of other stuff.

Then Saturday I spent the day building an accelerator pedal from scratch and installing that then I started building a shifter and linkage. Today I was able to finish the shifter and linkage and install that and adjust it. Then I decided to make the part of the floor that I had not build yet that covers the brake master cylinder. I cut it from 16 ga. sheet and trimmed it to fit then drilled and tapped holes in the floor frame below and installed 4 screws for easy removal.

Then, for a reward for doing so much work this weekend, I decided to take it for another test drive and get it out of the driveway this time. I just took it down the street a little ways then turned around and came back. YM GF was sick today and I didn't want to wake her up, but apparently she heard the car and grabbed the camera and managed to shoot this video of me coming back up the road and into the driveway and the garage...

Excellent weekend!!!!

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

I had a good weekend, Got my Buick drums cleaned up and ready for the hubs. I finished mounting my velocity stacks, and thanks to my friend Gerald I got the hubs seperated from my 40 brake drums. I will soon have Buick drums on my 33 pickup.

10. did some small stuff on my Nomad, new year emblem, replaced the Bel-Air and Crest on the rear quarter. Replaced the parking brake handle. Found a really cool old aluminum license plate frame and bracket of a 59 Cadillac, remounted the license plate using that stuff. looked pretty sweet. The Dude I want to see more pics of the pickup !

11. Looking good !!!

12. didnt get

Attached Files:

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

We made a ton of progress on my frame for the 20 Roadster. Finally got the driveshaft out of the A rear (PITA!), mocked the front and rear suspensions, trimmed the second leaf on my modified T spring, mocked some different wheelbase options and rear kick-up configurations (the geometry scrambled my brain:confused:)...

14. Fast Fords

Fast Fords
    from MN

Bolted my 8000 lb. 2 post hoist to the floor in my garage. Hope to wire it up tomorrow or Tuesday. Should be a lot easier to work on the projects then.

15. I sold the VW Golf that I got from my a Father-in-law and now I have cash to buy some more Chevy parts!:D

16. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Finished up the channel on one side of my '29 and have only a foot left on the pass side.
    Then it's on to MUCH funner things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. burnout2614

burnout2614

After a full week gettin motorscooters back on the road I been drinkin PBR, burnin up the back tire on one of my bikes and fondling women........not necessarily in that order! peace

18. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Do you have a post somewhere with pics of what you are doing to the car?

19. CShroom

CShroom

2 finals and a junkyard run.

Got a replacement start and solenoid for my Ford.

And a water pump pulley and alternator for my girl's Fiat.

20. historynw

historynw

Got the vintage air condenser mocked up to fit my radiator on the 47 Chevy. We had to trim the lower spash pan. Should have it in place late tomorrow once I make new spacers and get new screws from the fastener place. The painter was going to paint the fenders off the car so we had sometime to get things ready and cleaned for turn around.

21. Lamb

Lamb

managed to finish the trunk floor and fit new brakes onto the valiant (I know it's probably too new but old cars are pricey down under)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Mike Morand

Mike Morand

I've got a 32 Ford rolling chassis that has been at a stand still for almost 4 years. Dropped the 283 tripower in last weekend and this weekend fired it up for the first time. For me this is a major milestone and has gotten me excited about the project again.

23. Nothing. Planets were not aligned correctly I guess. Major accomplishment was to see the tax man.

24. Judd

Judd

Got my rear axle housing back from the straitening and assembled and installed it all I have left is oil and new brake lines to be driving it again can't wait .
    Oh yea I got a call at 6PM from a friend stranded with a trans out on the interstate east of New Orleans and had to drive two hours from Pascagoula, MS to get it on my trailer and drive two hours back (Fun) those pay backs can be hell some times!! LOL.

25. Ordered more parts for when I get home. Order what I'll need to fill my Summer up building...

26. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Got the motor and transmission swung into the frame. Fabed up a set of front mounts and now I can start on the F1 crossmember for the rear, that's today.

Cliff Ramsdell

Attached Files:

27. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Re-rebuilt my carb and charged the battery.

28. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

I got my door latches installed. Chopped all my window garnishings and made glass templates. Then I got sidetracked with a minibike and made a chrome straight pipe for it to disturb the neighborhood.

Attached Files:

29. gdub

gdub

I just about finished the teardown on my 51 Ford panel truck. I pulled the frontend, steering column, pedals, mc and gas tank. Just gotta get the spring hangers and motor mounts out and it'll be ready for the new front suspension.

30. Got the cage built (mostly) on my FED. Took all sat. to messure, bend, ct, notch, fit and weld. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]