Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ****Friday Paint Slingin Art Show****3/25

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clysdale, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Finally trying to get caught up this week and got a bunch of stuff done....

First up, got a new tiki shifter finished, cast in resin, and the first batch painted and ready to roll! I have them in a brown/stone color also...

[​IMG]

Also managed to finish this new tshirt design for Don at Anvil Bikes...great project that was a blast to work on...

[​IMG]

...and tonight I am in the studio trying to get some work finally done on my German helmet for the Vintage Torque show that I'm waaaay behind on. It's going to have an little Evel mixed in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. -DouG-

-DouG-

That Anvil Bike Works t-shirt design rocks!

It's been a while since I posted one of my clocks... here's one I'm workin on:

Jalapeno. This Mantle Clock is 21"w x 12.5"h. The pistons and rods that make the legs are from a Model A... The face is half of the pump from a TH350 trans... I cut the top off a third piston to make the pendulum 'bob.'

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

The second of the '33s, I think I posted the first one last week:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

And this week's charity auction bike...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Did a little panel this week.

Doug your clocks always amaze me.
    Have loved all the Vintage Tourques helmets over the past few weeks, Clydsdale, yours is no exception, sweet!
    jd the proportions on your metal miniatures are spot on.

[​IMG]

5. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

This week some really bad cel phone pics of my Shirl Greer tribute canvas. Once I get a good scan of it I'll mail it off to my buddy Brian Greer.

Attached Files:

6. GaryC.

GaryC.

Road Racer...

Attached Files:

7. Nice stuff Clysdale love the tiki shift knob.

finished this
    [​IMG]

8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Nuttin new from me, so here is some real old shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. Lookin' sweet David!

10. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Thanks guys! My eyes are getting fuzzy...time to pack it in for the night, and it's like xmas morning when I wake up with a full thread!!!!

11. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG][​IMG]

Introducing BOMONSTER.com. I've been real busy putting my stuff on a website and it's almost ready to be seen by civilians. Anybody checking out this FAS is welcome to check it out now. There are prints and shirts available and I'm adding backstories about the inspiration for each piece. For instance here's what you'll read for this week's scratched out submisson:

The Making of "Nitro Burn"

After what seems like a long winter without seeing any hot rods, the March Meet held at Bakersfield's Famosa Raceway is the first chance of the year to see some great race cars up close. If you're the kind of person who likes to get close enough to the action to enjoy the smell of Nitro methane fuel burning the inside of your nose cavity while your eyes well up with tears watching the purple flames rapid-firing their way onto the melting pavement, this event is for you.

[​IMG]

While walking the pits and checking out the old race cars I started noticing the really long header pipes on some classic dragsters. Tommy Ivo had 'em, the Chizler had 'em, and a few other cars had extra long pipes sweeping out past the tire width in some cases. Today's modern corporate-sponsored cars all look alike to me. It's as if man has tried every possible tire/motor/chassis/body/pipe combination over the last 45 years and with the help of a giant database has come up the one perfect drag racer. And everyone with enough sponsorship money has access to the same database so all the cars look alike except for the colorful corporate logo paint jobs. The pipes to me represent a time in the 60s when achieving the higher limits of elapsed time performance was still in the infant stage. Everyone tried a different, new combination trying to be the first to break the next ET record.

After taking a few photos I had the idea to create the next BOMONSTER piece. Long flaming pipes, a starting line Christmas tree at yellow milliseconds before going to green and a whacked out looking character behind the wheel. Vintage dragsters are cool to draw. They're not as long as the modern stuff so they fit on the page and a massive motor up front leaves a nice long slingshot shape to the front wheels. Too bad I couldn't capture the smell of the Nitro though.

12. Buick59 i love those photo's,that 30 roadster is fkn sweet.....

13. malex:.

malex:.
    from L.A.

some of my stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. KScooter

KScooter
    from California

Bomonster, that drag scratch is sweeeet. I always like the drag stuff, and that view/angle is just cool. I like the look of the flames lighting up the ground too. Very nice piece.

Below is a T-shirt design I did for the Goodguys show in Bowling Green this coming October.

[​IMG]

15. Curt Six

Curt Six

I don't recall if I posted this one or not, but here's a new "old" sign that we did recently. This is a Tex-Mex joint in a historic building here in Baltimore, so they wanted something that looked like it was 50 years old. Everything's paint, no vinyl, glass housings (some extras thrown in to look like missing neon). Looks pretty neat at night, though I don't have any shots of that yet...

Attached Files:

16. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

'54 Buick 4door with chopped top, removed b piller
    added '59 Cadillac quarters

Attached Files:

17. When the moon is full, this one drops from the sky, does crop donuts and collects bovine samples for the mothership.

[​IMG]
    Bigger?

18. Neo Dutch

Neo Dutch
    from OZ

19. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

wow neodutch, thats cool

20. Janne

Janne

Couple Muscle car t-shirt designs for local company

Attached Files:

21. There is something about this picture that is so right...I have admired it since I 1st saw it a while back...awesome shot.

I'm blown away by this weeks show, awesome work everyone.

22. fordpopular

fordpopular

Great work everyone..
    here is a 3d model of my project 49 Anglia I am getting on much better with the model than the real thing

Attached Files:

23. sinful-one

sinful-one

WOW, so early and theres already a bunch of awesome work posted. Must have been a productive week.

Heres my contribution to the mix, its my latest print offering that I finally finished up earlier this week.

[​IMG]

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ryan...that's deadly!
    Scooter....love it!

25. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

the friday art show is already shaping up to be a great one.I just finished this up tonight...I kind of like taking shots like this.It still needs clear and I am thinking gold baby flake
    [​IMG]

26. gearheadart

gearheadart

trying to figure out how to post! new sculpture.

Attached Files:

27. rubens

rubens

Here's a new T-shirt/flyer design I did this week, for a local carshow..

And some stripe-art of a kingfisher on a closetdoor...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Friday to all of you artists:D

28. lowshow

lowshow
    from CANADA

Finally, something new to post up. Hope you like them.:):)
    Did not do the skulls or the lettering on the deck, that was the existing graphic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  29. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Great looking show!
    I got a t-shirt design this week, slightly off topic I suppose as most of this is american auto oriented. It's for Volksrods showing off their "front end extender" called the extend-o-matic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. cixpack

cixpack

Hi,

Awesome start this week... It's seems every week is better or at least as good as the previous! So much talents here! I definitively love the FAS!

Mine for this week (I still draw on my ds, my wacom certainly has a death wish right now :) ) :

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.