Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CROSS COUNTRY: I'm Planning a LONG Cruise to the Northwest and BONNEVILLE...WANNA GO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Mar 25, 2010.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK, so far this is very tentative, but if the Legion Special is a long distance worthy car by July I'll be driving the shit out of it on a 2500-mile circuit through California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah and Nevada.

The idea is to drive to Puyallup for the Goodguys Pacific Northwest Nationals, then attend HotRod-A-Rama, then Goodguys Great Northwest Nationals in Spokane, and finally Bonneville for a bit of Speed Week.

I'd love to have company on any of the legs of the trip!

So far the plan looks like this:

-7/20 leave Concord, CA for Susanville to meet up with the Goodguys cruise from L.A. to Puyallup.

-7/21 Susanville to Bend, OR

-7/22 Bend, OR to Puyallup, WA for Pacific Northwest Nationals

-7/26 I have to fly home to work on the Gazette. Hopefully leaving The LEgion Special in someone's garage.

-8/6 Fly back to Seattle/Tacoma to attend Hotrod-A-Rama (8/7-8/8)

-8/8 Leave around 4:00 for Spokane, WA

-8/9 Fly home to work on the Gazette.

-8/12 Fly back to Spokane for Great Northwest Nationals

-8/16 Spokane, WA to Boise, ID

-8/17 Boise, ID to Bonneville

-8/19 Bonneville to Reno, NV

-8/20 Reno, NV to Concord, CA

There's not much time in there for cool stops or fucking around; it's pretty much all business (driving).

As it gets closer I'll get things more finalized, but this seems like a good start.

Here's the map of the trip: http://www.mapquest.com/mq/10-_zIM9HOZUclBr39P

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Sound like a great run. If I could get a month off from work without quiting and lived out west....Well you know just wishful thinking.
    We made a similar trip about five years ago. From Tennessee to Indy Hot Rod Nats to Back to the 50's by way of Michigan and Wis. over to StPaul MN. We were on the road every day but made many stops...Great memories.

3. Brandi

Brandi

Hey, we may trek over to Spokane with ya and then play at Silverwood for a couple days and hit the Spokane GG event and head home.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What a cool idea Kirk! I pitty the fool that does not take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity. Damn, I wish I could go.

5. i'd be interested in going to Spokane.....also If you can't find a garage, I could talk my dad into letting you use his. We'll just have to kick a muscle car out;)

6. We'll be heading from Boise to B'ville right around then too. Plans are not definite for which days yet though. Probably more like the 14th or 15th. Goodguys Puyallup is usually quite a show.

7. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Hey isn't your car a single seater? Fitting two in there is just not right.

Oh I get it now.

8. Sounds like fun cept for the flying home part. No way to work on the road? Prolly see ya in Puyallup.

9. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Kirk,If you need a place to keep you car in puyallup your more than welcome to keep it in my shop. We mite be going to spokane also .
    Marshall

10. BEAR

BEAR

man i would so go if this was 4 years ago...

11. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

I have a cold Beer waiting for you in Bend.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

Rad!

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

"The Caddy Boys" plan on attending GG's Spokane event...we usually put our "rod runnin' schedule" together in January and this one has been planned for a couple of years...just can't seem to get it together to attend...

C ya there...

R-

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  14. rodncustom

rodncustom

I'm sure you'll have many takers.

That will be quite a trip in that car.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh cool! I think you'll dig the Spokane event. It's not the biggest, but man the Spokane folks are an awesome bunch!

16. wayfarer

wayfarer

I know you know lots of guys in Spokane, but if you want to throw that thing up on a lift just to check everything out before you leave for Boise, I can hook you up.

17. pinman 39

pinman 39

There are several from this area that do B-Ville from Boise .We are planning on it
    with a couple of cars . Stay in touch .

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

That would be way cool!

19. 55chevr

55chevr

It must be nice to be one of the idle rich ... a month off no work ...

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Uh how do you figure? It's actually only four more days than I'd already be traveling to those events for work. Plus, I'll be working at each event. Obviously you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Wait, why am I even justifying your comment with a response? Who the hell are you?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Your jealous comment is not attractive. A person does not have to be rich to do a six state, 2,500 mile hop....and if you've ever read the GG Gazette or read some of his car build threads here on the HAMB, Kirk is far from "idle".

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Kirk, I'll see ya at B'ville, if not sooner.

23. I haven't spoke with the rest of the Washington chapter, but I'm pretty sure Thee Inland Emperors would love to keep you company the entire time in the Evergreen State.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

2,500 miles in the Legion Special should be a blast. I'll be at Bonneville until Wednesday with my roadster, most likely, so I hope to get to see the car. One OT question, where are you going to put gear, clothes, etc.?

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

What a dick! Kirk stated right in his itinerary that he's flying home to work several different times.

Anyhow... See you at Bonneville!!! Hope to check out the LS in person.:cool:

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Some people simply DO NOT read, instead jumping right in and put a comment on.

And some people simply do not comprehend what's written or what they just read.

R-

27. Good luck. I know you will have a blast. I would drive out but the funds are gone after driving the truck to Scottsdale a couple of weeks ago. We did Pualyup(sp) a few years ago and loved the area. Again, good luck.
    Later,
    Dick

28. brewsir

brewsir

Good on ya Kirk! sounds like it should be a great trip...2500 miles in a roadster...do it and I'll have to quit teasing you! I'm kinda in agreement with Comet on this one though...there ain't enough room in that car for both of us.....guess you'll just have to let me drive!

29. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sadly, I can only dream....................

30. wilcox garage

wilcox garage

I live close to Puyallup and will hopefully make the Goodguys and the Hotrod-A-Rama ( depending on the progress of the Street Roadster)but will definatly be in Bonneville. That sound like an awsome road trip!