Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I HAMBable yet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theflame, Mar 25, 2010.

1. theflame

theflame

Been wanting something HAMBable for a long time, and the funds for a 5 window Deuce are still a little hard to come by...so here's the compromise until I get rich quick:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This aint good:

[​IMG]

:D

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Get another and add about three feet to the center and you are in business. Or radius the rear wheel wells and run a 283 with 10% set back with a straight axle or coil overs up front as an AFX.

3. theflame

theflame

Itd make a cool little no-budget rod, I was thinking. Beautiful patina on it, needs some welding and that oil that came out of the engine the other day needs to go back in the crack it came from, but I love it anyways

4. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

What is that little bitty thing??? How about some details about your new toy.

Cliff Ramsdell

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Now THAT... sounds like a plan!;)

6. ratster

ratster

that could be wild looking

7. ^^^x3^^^:d

8. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

It's a PEANUT :D

9. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I'm going to have to agree with this one! that would look so cool!
    -Steve

10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

What the hell is it? Looks cool and tiny.

11. pitman

pitman

Blimey lad! There's a bit of earl under your bonnet!

12. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

13. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

this could definately be super-cool! i know you guys have some power-plants that would look pretty sweet in a small chassis like this. maybe 8 inch wheels on the back and a nose-high attitude. make it a driver, but with some wheaties.

14. 117harv

117harv

Very cool, there are alot of european small cars and trucks that make cool rides, and have a following here.

15. T. Scott

T. Scott

interesting little car i havent desided if i love it yet but its cool cause its yours and thats what really matters

16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Looks like the one of those mini customs from the 60's where they cut down a fullsize and put it back together. lol

17. jandersonheads

jandersonheads

It looks like it leaks oil from the pictures.........THAT, my friend, makes YOU "HAMBable" ;)

18. jandersonheads

jandersonheads

P.S. Can you imagine a 52-53 buick stainless "swoop" on the sides? THAT would be cool!

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

kinda neat give it a daimler hemi transplant ,

20. CruZer

CruZer

Hey, it's a five window coupe. What more could you ask for ?????

21. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Austin A30 ( peanut )

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  22. theflame

theflame

Hahaha, shit, you're right! I DID get what I wanted after all! :D

Anyway, yep, it's an Austin A30. Made in 1955, it's got an early version of the A Series engine (like in an original Mini, amongst other things), produced 20-something horsepower back when it was new (and about 5 now...) and I cruised at 45mph for 10 minutes and it popped the engine :D:D:D

I'll take some better pictures when it's not dark here, but its my first HAMB-type car (even though it IS pretty tiny and slow and stupid) and I love the looks of it and I'm really proud. Wasnt so proud when it came home on a lowloader last weekend after I'd only owned it 3 days, but it's old, its solid and its mine :cool::cool::cool:

Gotta pull the engine out, see what I can do to at least get it running again; I'm gonna use it for some low-cost summer cruising and see what happens. Maybe drop it a couple of inches, do some mods so it'll go faster than I can walk, that kinda thing.

I'm pretty green at all this but I've been studying hard and this thing looks a piece of cake to work on...plus I've got some friends I can call on if I get stuck.

23. BinderRod

BinderRod

Where's Roger Rabbit? Looks like he lost a car.:D

24. Finding a replacement engine on your side of the pond should be easy. Or swap in some kind of late model 4cyl 5spd combo. My Dad bought my Mom a 59 (i think) triumph that looked a lot like that, she hated it, I liked it. That was around 66 or so.

25. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

It certainly isn't a cookie cutter rod. It's a bit different and unique. Spiff it up the way YOU want to and, by golly, you got yourself a ride!! Enjoy it!!
    For ehat it's worth, had a freiend who hung around with us, he was accepted as one of us, and he drove a 1947 Austin A-40 four door. THAT was different!!

26. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Its better than walking! And you can always trade up or sell it.

27. firingorder1

firingorder1

If memory serves right its an Austin A40. Or 30-35. My Uncle had one (or similar) when I was visiting him in the 60s.

28. A friend of mine has owned two of these cars they are taller than they are wide , but what a laugh to drive . Just to piss off some of the snobs in the local Mini club , the older models, he entered one of his A30's in a slolom event. I have not laughed that hard since. With an open differential and worn suspension the car would dive so hard at the hair pin corners ,that it would coast around the corner right rear tire a full foot in the air and touch down with a mighty bark getting traction till the next hard corner. How he never rolled I don't know because every corner looked like its last.
    The look on the faces of the Mini club members was priceless , a look of awe and disgust at the same time. The best part is he won his class although being the only car in it
    Anyways how about a 1600 cc. Cortina motor with dual side draft webers , low stance and fat little tires!! Thanks I had forgotten that story till I saw your car they are a cool little ride. Rob.

29. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

That's a neat little car!

30. Its been challenging fitting a domestic driveline in my A-40...can't imagine doing the same with it's liitle brother the A-30.

Attached Files: