Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car shows in Texas in september - november?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by todd_a, Mar 24, 2010.

1. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

I've got a friend planning a trip here from Austrailia again this year and he was wanting to hit a decent car show while here in Texas this year. Is there anything going on in the September - November time frame?

2. ryno

ryno

i think them have the invasion then and also manifolds on main is around then also.

3. kustombypook

kustombypook

Pistons N Paint is the first ore second week of November.

4. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

5. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Awesome! I did the PNP show last year and it was great!

Keep them coming. I am sending all the info to him for each of them so he can make the best dicision on when to come.

thanks guys!

pecker head likes this.
  6. nail-head

nail-head

The Day of the Drags, obviously...also there's a Rods at Riley's in the Fall (check my photo album for a taste of last Fall's event), usually around the DotD (Spring Rods at Riley's is May 1st, btw), the Hill Country 100 Reliability Run is in the Fall (although a Baron recently told me they were gonna take a break this year, you'll have to check their website over the summer for info)...and the Key to the Hills in Boerne is Oct 8-10th.

7. For just a plain old car show, the VA Hospital in Kerrville, TX, in the Hill Country,will have a Veteran's Day show the weekend closest to Vet's Day in November. Usually perfect late fall weather and around 125 cars from rods to Classics and muscle. Y'all come and support our Vets.

8. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

The AutoRama in Houston is always on Thanksgiving Weekend.

9. San Antonio Rodders Commanche Park - Sept
    Key to the Hills Boerne - Oct
    I hear the Kerrville Veterans show may not happen this year...?
    Plenty of cruise-ins too

Mikey did it
    www.mikeyspinstriping.com

10. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  11. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

Pistons and Paint is Nov 13th 2010.
    bubba luv

12. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Well ... by the time I get around to responding it's all been said! But maybe I can summarize:

Goodguys Lone Star Nats at Tex Motor Speedway in late Sept. Hardly a venue for traditional hot rods and customs but there's always something good to see there.

Key to the Hills Rod Run in Boerne, typically held on the weekend nearest Columbus Day.

Day of the Drags at Academy/Little River Raceway just south of Temple. Absolutely not to be missed!

The Barons Reliablility Run and Show in Kerrville -- if they do it this year.

Pistons & Paint show in Denton, typically held around the second weekend in November. Great, great, great! I think it's about the best with such a cool vibe. Bubba lines up killer music. IMHO, this is what Roundup used to feel like.

And there's lots of other cruise nights, other shows, rod runs to attend ... depending on where your friend is going to be staying while here, and how far he's willing to travel.

13. nail-head

nail-head

Yeah, that's the Hill Country 100 I mentioned above...I ran into a Baron at the Dick Dale show last week and he told me they weren't doing it this year...which is disappointing, I was actually going to make it this year.

14. dgc15

dgc15

Hector Martinez has put on this show for several years. He said that he would not be doing it this year because of problems with the VA. It has been a good show and I enjoyed participating in it, but no more, unless things change.

15. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Costal A's have a good car show here in Corpus Christi TX on memorial day weekend..

16. Big Tony

Big Tony

Let me know when he will be here and I will put a HAMB and Eggs run together to add to the mix

17. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Yeh, the PNP show is pretty damn good, and you can get beer next door!. Just for shits and giggles, go visit Antique Auto Supply in Colorado Lane Arlington. There's a bunch of NOS stuff there and they're are relaxed about letting you browse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

DOTD I took some "I'm a Bike Guy" friends with me last year and every month or so they ask When are they goin to have the drags again. Great Event!

19. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

20. Raunchy

Raunchy

Sept. 4th Invasion..Deep Elum Good Show
    Sept. 10-11 Bomber Bash in Bossier City La. Heard it was fun.
    Sept. 18 Arlington swapmeet usually good
    Sept.25th Manifolds on Main
    Oct. 1-2 Day of Drags and Goodguys @TMS Gee not much of a decision there.
    Oct. 9 Canton Auto swapmeet
    Oct.23 La Grave Ft Worth Swapmeet
    Oct. 30 Conroe swapmeet

21. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

22. Thought I saw on here about the Tx Timing Assoc having a pre-1964 drags at San Antonio in Oct.

23. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Oct 23rd San Antonio Raceway

24. jrb46

jrb46
    from Blanco, TX

There is a show in Boerne, Texas on October 9th and 10th. Generally they have around 1,000 cars if memory serves me correctly. I live about 45 miles from there and will be driving my '46 Ford Coupe to enter this show for the first time.

25. That is the Key to the Hills Rod Run put on by the Pride of Texas Street Rods.
    Yes, Oct. 8-10. Starts with Friday BBQ dinner. We take over Main Street for 4 blocks!

26. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Ok, I have the dates he is here in Texas. Arriving in Dallas on Thursday, November 11th and will be here the following week, so probably heading out on Sunday November 21st.

Looks like we will definitely make the Pistons and Paint show on the first Saturday!

27. VonHertell

VonHertell

Yep, I always looked forward to that show.

I'm still going to hound them about next year. But I think they are thinking of someplace closer to SA.