Register now to get rid of these ads!

has your car been in the movies? share your stories

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldpl8s, Mar 21, 2010.

1. badshifter

badshifter

Me and my 56 Fairlane was in Apollo 13, and....Lawnmower Man III. How's that for a range...

2. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

My 37's been in a bunch of commercials,music videos, and a couple of movies--the movie thing sucks,cause the studios always want to use the car as a prop,and they always screw up props! The best commercial was a Bell Atlantic commercial I got to do with Dean Jeffies 34 sedan--we got to sit and talk--great guy! Using your car in stuff is OK if you watch em!

Attached Files:

3. 4406

from Oklahoma

When I lived in L A I would rent a 70 winnabago & 63 Valiant to the studio's. The key was mife wife wrote a contract they signed and my buddy was the transportation guy on those movies. It does help that my wife and buddie are both in the industrie. There are some productions that will take advantage.

4. bonesy

bonesy

Our old black Lincoln was in "Convoy" during the Rubber Duck's funeral.

5. 41 C28

41 C28

My 41 Chrysler was used in a film that was shot in Cincinnati and I was an extra driving it it BUT, we were left on the cutting room floor. Still had a great time on the set for a few nights, got to eat with all the cast and crew and see how movies were made, I even signed an autograph. The best part was my car made more money than I original gave for it.

Attached Files:

• m6.jpg
      m6.jpg
      File size:
      148.5 KB
      Views:
    • m3.jpg
      m3.jpg
      File size:
      136.5 KB
      Views:
    • m7.jpg
      m7.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    • m5.jpg
      m5.jpg
      File size:
      114.7 KB
      Views:
    • m13.jpg
      m13.jpg
      File size:
      97.3 KB
      Views:
    • m1.jpg
      m1.jpg
      File size:
      122.5 KB
      Views:
    • m8.jpg
      m8.jpg
      File size:
      110.7 KB
      Views:
  6. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

how ironic i thought that seen was hilarious!

7. "What kind of cigarette is that?"
    "Joint,"
    "Joint? They sure don't make 'em very good,"
    Why The Jerk was snubbed by the Oscars I'll never understand...

8. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

10. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Living in OC Calif. when Ducks of Hazard was on tv, they put wanted adds in the recycler for 68-70 chargers, I called and two guys in a charger they just bought came and gave me $600 for my 68, I ask what they were going to do about the tail lights and they said they change them for filming, I had the heater out of the 68 for weight because (lol) I liked to race it sometimes at terminal island, it went 95 mph in 1/4 they said they were going to probably use it for jumping, wish I stiil had it.

11. Closest I ever got was just part of one of my cars. I had a white 78 Monte Carlo that was done up road race style,you know....lowered ,wide tires all around,spoiler on the trunk lid,monochrome paint etc. The car did however have a low pro stock style hood scoop on it that was functioning.When I dis-assembled the car the prop master for the movie "Dance me outside" needed a scoop to roughly install on a Saab of all things.In the movie the car was stolen on a reserve by the locals and used to bomb around in. They had wide tires on it,jacked up as well as the hood scoop mounted on the hood for looks. The car is seen only briefly driving by but there is my hood scoop.....

12. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

My ot car has been in a movie, tv series, Dell tv ad, & movie trailer. Got paid pretty decent for all of it. Thanks Russell

13. I bought the grey 64-5 Elcamino from Hollywood Nights

14. hbwoody

hbwoody

Great experience, Good Times, Good Food, Great People!!

Attached Files:

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

My yellow '66 Charger was in the film JFK. It was parked in the lot beside "the Grassy Knoll" and you can just make out the roofline when Costner's character and his assistant are leaning against it while discussing the assassination sequence.

16. My cars have been used in music videos, commercials, and TV. I also worked for a couple movie car companies and did tons of projects over several years. Lots of long boring hours. More times than not, production companies change their mind and back out of deals the day before - wasting your time.

17. My OT 1971 Plymouth Road Runner was in the background of the James Marsden / Cameron Diaz movie "The Box" that just came out on DVD a few weeks ago. There's a scene where Marsden is driving a Corvette towards his office at NASA and you can see my "Lemon Twist Yellow" Road Runner in the background pretty well. We were background extras in a couple of other scenes, but we got paid an extra $50 / day to drive our cars back and forth around NASA Langley for about four hours per day. No one else drove our cars or messed with them at all (other than putting phony license plates on them and putting a phony state safety inspection sticker on the right (but incorrect) side of the windshield.).

My OT "Bluesmobile" has been on TV a couple of times because we do a lot of charity events & parades with it.

My friend "Keith" has one of the REAL Dukes of Hazzard Chargers (documented, paperwork from Warner Brothers, etc.)

18. 65COMET

65COMET

My 65 Comet was used in a music video.The group is, Forever the Sickest Kids.The video has a nostalgia drag theme and was shot here at the Camarillo Airport.We had 2 front engine dragsters,a Camaro,a 62 Chevy bibbletop,a 65 Falcon Ranchero and my Comet.NHRA used parts of it on their tv broadcasts a couple years back. ROY.

19. gary mundy

gary mundy
    from Kansas

My 47 chopped buick called first blood was in alan jacksons mercury blues video

20. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Friend of mine had his chopped merc in the movie Mischief in 1985.
    It was a 51 with a 50 back window and 54 merc tail lights. You could see the back of it when they were in the drive in movie walking behind it. It took them all day to set up that scene.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EE5lEzNqsY

21. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

Friends of mine work in the film industry. They have been wanting to hook me up with some company that rents cars. They claim I'll make decent money and the car will only be touched my me. I still think about doing it but I don't my my O/T convertible to show up in some rap video...

22. My 1956 T Bird was owned buy Universal Studios from new until 1986 and was an "extra" in many movies and some TV shows. Usually just parked on the road or crusing by in a driving scene - never a "Star"

23. My 1930 Rolls Royce limo was used in a couple Godfather Pizza TV commercials that ran in the mid west in the late 80's. My 30 seconds of fame!

24. My 63 Galx was in Jackson county line with tommie lee Jones. its used in the chase seen setting at a light.

25. toxictom

toxictom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-KV40QxQCU
    57 ford station waggon i`ve painted was used in a music video. driver / leadsinger is a good friend of owner of that car. so i think all was ok...
    its a 60is punk trash band called the staggers...

26. looks like the same MONTE from the movie "blvd. nights" featuring Danny de la cruz.............

Attached Files:

27. volken65

volken65

My 47 was an ex-movie car/prop for years and they really tore the car up. The previous owner was paid for the damage every time but I will never loan out any of my car to the movie industry again. The truth is alot of production companys can care less if your car is a this or that... it just a car and they just want to do their shoot.
    I once rented then sold a clean Alfa Romero for a commercial. They called me and said they where going in a different direction and offered to buy it... I agreed since it was one of many projects I had at the time. Next thing I know they blow the car up for this commercial. I was a bit dissapointed to say the least since I had invested time in it.
    Only advise I can give is if anyone rents their car for a movie, stay with it at all time if you can.

28. jokerjason

jokerjason

Cool man, that was Newbombs brothers car. Do you still have it??? I dug the rake on it and If I remember right it had a tear drop hoodscoop on it with cragars. JOKER JASON.

29. jokerjason

jokerjason

None of my cars have been in any movies but I could have filmed a couple of them in there!!!!! JOKER JASON.