Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Windshield, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

Started out slow fixed some plumbing problems for the wife, mowed the lawn, then went out to garage. finshed my floors and built a frame for the seat. I only spilled one beer.
    What did you do?

Attached Files:

2. Master of None

Master of None

Color sanded my cab and buffed it to make it look like old lacquer. then went for a cruse and blew a upper radiator hose, good thing I had a gallon of water and some tools. Back on the road and went looking for a car wash.:(

Attached Files:

3. Got about 5% of my dash engine turned, 1/4" at a time DOH! Fighting a nasty cold.

4. We drove the hell out of our new Willys Jeep!

5. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Took out the windshield and rear window and got the side trim off and 1 quarter panel sanded. I'm out of gas so i didn't get and trim holes welded up but maybee next weekend.

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Moved Firebird off porch ,Did More bodywork on the A ,Raked leaves a little and filled 4 cans ,Washed truck and Firebird ,Also vacumned both .Then more bodywork on the A ,Im glad winter is over .Kerosene was getting expensive ,And filler was taking to long to dry ,

7. 440shawn

440shawn

Sandblasted & painted several items from under the hood. Managed to drink a couple of beers at rest time.

8. 296moon

296moon
    from england

I had a swop round with which engine was going in what project and ended up with this [​IMG]

9. mike hamel

mike hamel

I got my truck about 95% of the way re-built!

Attached Files:

10. Get over that cold old man, spring times here, there's work to be done. :)

11. gave blood at the blood bank, came home and cleared blackberry vines, built motor mounts for the truck, took care of the sick wife.... otherwise just loafed around.....

12. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Recently got my pair of replacement bumpers for my '57 Chrysler in favor of the painted ones on it now.
    Decided to polish them up today. What a joy! :(
    2 bumpers, but 4 pieces, so in effect I had to do 4 bumpers.
    Good old elbow grease I guess...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. bluestang67

bluestang67

All most have the new top wood finished . All that is left is the last 2 pieces in the rear .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Saturday-Worked all day fabricating stair railings.
    Sunday-Took wife shopping,fitted window blind.Planned on working on the car but,no such luck.Spent the rest of the day chasing sheep out of my yard.They'd escaped from the field next to us.

15. monster

monster

started cutting my wing windows to fit my chopped doors.

16. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I finished what I wanted to finish the weekend before....

What else is new? :D

I managed to finish the second block on my 39 body and got it back in primer for the third.

17. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Worked on the coupe for the roundup.
    Got the new shortblock painted and installed

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

well, you asked....

O/T but, i added drag bars and smaller signals to my sportster and raised the front of the tank up 2"

[​IMG]

19. lorodz

lorodz

not hot rod related i had to swap out the transfer case ion my daily driver dodge durango...what a pain in the ass..

20. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Pulled the engine from my uncles 49.Started putting the rear floor in my 56.Drank a little beer.Cleaned the garage.Pretty good weekend.Enjoyed the weather

21. Harris

Harris

-almost- finished nosing the '53, between parents flying in and honey do's I only got half way thru the shaping phase. Trying to document it as best I can for a future tech post, but for now the only pic I have on my computer is a crappy cell pic.....

Attached Files:

22. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Worked on the racecar this weekend. Last weekend I lost the transbrake so after replacing the solenoid I replaced the wires from the roll control to transbrake, rewired from the starter solenoid (the old wiring was a mess with "scotch locks, and butt joints, and different wire colors in the same run), ran a new 1 gauge ground and installed my updated 5 point harness and window net. The office wiring before was in this hidous "convoluted" tubing...........I hate convoluted tubing! Not sure if I will wrap the wiring or not...............?
    I'm now ready to go turn some low 10's!

Attached Files:

23. Ran 80 feet of #10 Romex for the new compressor. Got the compressor for Christmas. About time I got off my ass. One more run to the big box store and it should be ready to go.

24. Moondog13

Moondog13

Started painting my garage. Need to finish the trim on Tuesday.

25. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

its been four long no money for this no money for that years but got all the wiring done thanks steve just took it for the first drive might i say it was nice real nice . i am super stoked. windsheild thursday. little more weldin and i will have to see what paperwork i have to do so hows your day been mine been great.

26. aldixie

aldixie

Fixed the transmission on my Chevy. Cleaned up backing plates for the 40 rear end on the A, Cleaned up T spring and removed old bushings. Put the spring pack back together.

27. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Was headed out to a car show on saturday but started raining like hell.so i stayed inside till it stop and went and watched my son ride his bike in competition flatland,after that came home and mounted my new coker tires on my chevy.Today i went cruising,nice weather

28. Let's see. Friday I finished putting pistons in a 65 Caddy, then went to Bob's at night, then went to the RC/Diecast convention yesterday (Saturday), and hung out w/BadBob. The RC cars outdoors were fucking hauling some serious ass on a huge VHT'd road course. Man that was cool. Almost as cool as goofing off and telling jokes with Bob:D. After that I finished the brake job on an AMX. Today, I went to 4 shows on the never ending hunt for cars to buy. Then went to Thousand Oaks to look at a 65 tripower/4 speed GTO. Then, brought Italian food over for Birthday (75th) dinner at Moms. Jeez, did I earn a drink?

29. freemane1

freemane1

I woke up to 7 inches of new snow Sat. so that day was wasted. Today my kids had a birthday party for me then I came home and uncovered my 38 Chrysler in hopes of doing a little work on it this week.

30. well i got my small block fired yesterday,after i got it timed fired right off and it sounds pretty snotty its got a thumpr cam, flo tek heads (10.5:1) edelbrock 2x4 any way ill take it out tommaro and finnish off my bald tires:>