Register now to get rid of these ads!

wildest motorsickle i've seen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Dec 22, 2004.

1. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/756482/mtrcycle.jpg

i got this picture from my x-bro-n-law years about 20years ago. he told me it came of of a metal shop somewhere around the Chico,Calif. area. I always wondered about it all these years & figger i'd show you folks & just maybe someone would know something about it other then what i already know. by looking at the picture you'll see the tires are from a car & the front has disc brakes & four shocks in the front & rear. it uses what looks like 2 long drag link to attach the steering to the front forks. its running an early chevy 4cylinder w/dual exhaust & w/what looks like a aircooled powerglide w/a overdrive unit on it. it also has a complete hydraulic ram system for parking or changing a flat(do ya see the spare on the rear). the rear axle is the center section off of a car & the axle cut down to the shortest one i have ever seen.
    on the beer signs it says "Riverside" under them & in the lower right corner it says "Posterbook - Product of Cycle New, Inc. just thought i'd share this truely odd bike & maybe someone know more about it then i do.......joe

2. McGrath

McGrath

I saw it on a television show once. They said the only person able to ride it was the man that built it and he's dead. The Bike(?) still exists though...

3. lilbill

lilbill
    from arkansas

my brain ain't hittin' on all four right now so i can't remember all the particulars but here's the .05 cent version. the guy on the bike is named wild bill something or other and the bike is called the road hog. bill was killed in a shootout with the cops and i think the original road hog disappeared but a second one he built survived and surfaced not too long ago and was bought by the editor of some bike magazine or something like that. there's a few websites devoted to this bike scattered around the net.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is "The Road Hog" Walnecks the folks that put out the Bike Magazine own it now. I think it was Daytona Bike Week 3-4 years ago.

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Actually, I think its called the Roadog. or Road dog.

Here's a link to a website about it: ROADOG LINK CLICK HERE>

Attached Files:

6. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Bill Gebke? Road Dog. He built other similar bikes before that one which were smaller I think. Buzz Walneck did own it last, but I thought that I had seen it for sale within the last year or so. I saw it several years ago at a Walnecks swap and it is wild.

7. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

oh, you done messed up, you better get to writing up a intro before they drag you into the street and beat you with car parts

8. jonnycola

jonnycola

Buzz Walneck is a total Ruler.

9. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

'Killed in a shoot-out with the cops'?
    Sure he wasn't killed by Mad Max and those Aborigine kids on the train outta Bartertown? [​IMG]

10. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

holy crap, if that guy can ride that thing, then i'm going to stop complaining about the handling on mine. holy shit.

and this guy died in a shoot out with cops? man, talk about a total outlaw, this guy sounded freakink cool.

any links about him?

11. TINGLER

TINGLER

12. Weight: 3280 lbs.
    Range: 125 miles on a 5 gallon tank. You would think that there might be room for a larger tank on that thing.

13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Earlier this year someone sent me a pic of a German guy who built a bike with a bunch of lawnmower engines. It was pretty damned crazy...but I think the one you posted still takes the cake.

14. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

15. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

16. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I'm not sure if it was that one or it's sister but they took it out and let some bike magazine editor or something ride it and he dumped it.

17. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[ QUOTE ]
    German bike equipped with chainsaw engines... http://www.dolmette.com/

[/ QUOTE ]
    Weird, 24 chainsaw engines to get 1900 cc. I didn't find any performance data on it.

18. fancyboy

fancyboy

The Road Dog was built in Green Bay Wisconsin. Not an unusual contraption to come from Wisconsin.