Register now to get rid of these ads!

San jose speed and chrome + gennie shifter = free s%^t

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thats right san jose speed and chrome * and gennie shifter are teaming up for our next givaway and you all can thank race over at gennie shifter for sponcering this stimulis package!

what were giving away is the lo-stik shifter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Imagine yourself driving down the road with a sleek all steel S3 Gennie Shifter Imagine now you are at a Car Show minutes later and want to replace your S3 shifter with the "Big Stick". You do not have to imagine this Gennie makes this switch possible with the Gennie Lo Stik. With the Gennie Lo Stik you have the freedom to choose! You are not locked into one style you can choose from all of the Gennie shifter and knobs with ease.
    • Lo-Stik is available for Ford, GM and MOPAR

1) Choose a Bracket Kit for your transmission.
    2) Choose the correct Lo Stik assembly
    3) Choose or build a shift handle
    4) Choose a shift knob
    FEATURES:

• Neutral safety switch
    • Delrin bushings
    • Hardened Posiloc™ shift gate
    • 303 Stainless
    • Precision machine fit

now whats even kooler about this version of gennie shifter is you can fab your own stik real easy like or go with the avalable stiks

now to qualifie for this here givaway is to
    READ THE DAMB RULES

MAKE THE QUIFING LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE BY
    FOLLOING THE DAMB RULES

THE RULES

1. READ THE DAMB RULES AND FOLLOW THEM

2. must own are building or collecting parts for your pre 65 TRADITIONAL hot rod or kustom finished not finished project or dream NO ART CARS THEY SUCK

3. tell us about your hot rod or kustom or project and POST up some pics this time i will except a rendering and it better be kool :D and your story as well

4.this givaway will end friday night april 23rd @ 12:00 am cali time the night before the
    BEATNIK BLOWOUT IN VENTURA

5.alliance members get 2 chances ( 2 tickets ) to win all the rest of you bums get 1 chance see it pays to be an alliance member

6.the winner must pay for shipping & handling

7.qualifing list will be up dated dailey ( no more waiting for those who dont read the rules and make there qualifing post you snooze your at the back of the bus ) the list will be updated as the post that qualifies you

8.drawing will be held thursday april 26th and results posted friday april 27th

9.winner will be contacted by pm to work out details

now lets get shifting with gennie shifter

QUALIFING MASTER LIST:

1. SpazTaztic *
    2. ratrod0
    3. sinks88
    4. 62ironhead *
    5. XxStrait-EdgexX
    6. Boyd Who *
    7. Big Mac *
    8. GEBHARD *
    9. I_be_moose *
    10. Zman *
    11. HOTRODPRIMER *
    12. Barn-core *
    13. Pinstriper40 *
    14. titus *
    15. Dynaflash_8 *
    16. Irish *
    17. adams27 *
    18. low springs
    19. 32 bowtie *
    20. Hooligan63
    21. hvychvy *
    22. chopt top kid *
    23. resqd37zep
    24. wayfarer *
    25. nashvegas99
    26. chev55
    27. djust *
    28. 6berry
    29. melsfine39
    30. moparhead *
    31. Chopperrides
    32. ace-k
    33. merlin *
    34. kustumkulture1951
    35. Verbal Kint *
    36. dabirdguy *
    37. dskustoms *
    38. 26Tudor
    39. magnuman *
    40. 55chieftan
    41. chevpickup *
    42. Do Good Jr. *
    43. Rusk
    44. Bull *
    45. greaser *
    46. cretin *
    47. dart165
    48. rustypipes
    49. Deluxe Detail
    50. Toast *
    51. 65PANELRAT
    52. Fullblast
    53. firemunkey *
    54. jchav62
    55. lockwoodkustoms
    56. novatattoo *
    57. Huntfamily53
    58. Hawiianstyle
    59. celticskull *
    60. 333 Half Evil
    61. PBRmeASAP
    62. DanBabb
    63. FormerFuler *
    64. poboyross *
    65. merctruck
    66. spoons *
    67. baspinall *
    68. Dane Mastsubara
    69. breeder *
    70. Oldmanolds
    71. xhotrodder
    72. falconsprint63
    73. Deadbird *
    74. fuel10922 8
    75. Thommyknocker *
    76. Black Primer *
    77. happy hoppy *
    78. retribution *
    79. J Man *
    80. Dammit
    81. 2345.coupe *
    82. wildearp *
    83. flatheadfever
    84. BaltoBeater
    85. dana barlow
    86. Simple
    87. Bazooka
    88. BobPer
    89. iafraser39
    90. rigiden *
    91. Mr poopy pants
    92. THE BRONSON
    93. katatonic mike

Kickstarter
    JM53 *
    Harris *
    * san jose speed and chrome is the retail & manufactoring division of gambino kustoms

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Finally got one of my dream cars 54' chevy 210 2-door and slowly building her up. Currently installing Fatman MII front end with Gambino Taildragger in rear. Plans are to shave all mouldings- chop top- slant B pillars- dual frenchie antennas- make all windows automatic- french headlights... and whatever else comes to mind last minute.

Going for the flat/satin paint on outside with chrome originals on white walls.

Here are the latest pics before my camera got run over...

Got the front end pulled off- motor out since pics- pulling front suspension out this weekend and prepping to put in the MII.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      574.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      587.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      591.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      46.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
    martin53 likes this.
  3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

your down for 2 good luck

4. ratrod0

ratrod0

sold my last car (1935 ford vic) last fall. Now I'm trying to build my dream car on a low budgit (32 5-window) every little bit helps. should be driving this spring if I'm lucky.

Attached Files:

5. sinks88

sinks88

Ive had my 54 plymouth for about 2 years now, and have been wrenchin on it since I got it! Im pretty new to all the specifics of buildin a car....but Im getting in the hard way....with no money and a lot of sweat! been doing an engine swap this month along with other odds and ends.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. 62ironhead

62ironhead

Almost done with the roof, getting ready to bag it and just scored a new motor and trans. Perfect timing!

Thanks for all of the clamps Alex!

Adam

Attached Files:

7. I bought my 50 dodge wayfarer 2 door sedan towards the end of summer last year. I couldnt have asked for a more unmolested car, Im the second registered owner.... the only bad part is is that after the original owner passed in 1970 the car sat in the hills in Oregon, so its safe to say that the floors are gone. The first thing to go was the flat 6 and fluid drive, while I was searching for a motor a family friend told me about a 79 cordoba with a 360 and a 727 for $20!!!! So at that point I was at a whopping $320 for my mopar dream project... fast foreward a couple months and I was unemployed and funds were getting tight so I sold off my two daily drivers (a tricked out 79 malibu and a 60,000 orig mile 64 falcon) to get some more scratch I just got the motor and trans between the rails and Im about ready to figure out shifter placement....

Attached Files:

8. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

You guys are out-doing yourselves, Alex! Yet another fantastic contest, cool! (Ok, did I suck up enough?? lol)

Here's my Essex, I'm slowly trying to take it out of the disco era and give it an early to mid 60's look. The Gennie shifter would go a long way to help, as you can see by the pic of the current shifter/console/CB radio. Bleh!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

My pickup needs help shifting....

Attached Files:

10. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

51 belvedere,
    gonna shave everything but the belt line, different tail lights, french headlights, slam it, maybe a different grille, chrome skirts and astros or spiders. gonna give it a late 50's early 60's style
    gonna keep the flat six but convert to auto.....thanks!

Attached Files:

• p513.jpg
      p513.jpg
      File size:
      127.5 KB
      Views:
    • p512.jpg
      p512.jpg
      File size:
      111.9 KB
      Views:
    • p515.jpg
      p515.jpg
      File size:
      108.3 KB
      Views:
    • p51.jpg
      p51.jpg
      File size:
      132.5 KB
      Views:
  11. I am up for this style shifter. It is the one I should have bought anyway...

Will put it in the coupe an use the one I bought in the sedan..

Attached Files:

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Trying to go from...

[​IMG]

to

[​IMG]

been collecting parts for a while. Now just trying to get the time.

13. I'm gathering parts to rebuild my coupe and could really use a good shifter. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Barn-core

Barn-core

To say I am working on a tight budget would be an understatement. A while back I bought a 23" swan neck Gennie shifter, from Alex, for my '29 Coupester project. I am now right in the middle of swapping out the engine and trans in my daily driver '64 Chevy pickup, so when my daily needed a shifter, guess who gave up theirs. I am currently unemployed, and attending school full time. Besides time, the shifter is about the only thing my project is lacking. I'm shooting for a late fifties, early sixties pre-showrod vibe, channelled, kicked and swept frame, welded doors, filled wheel wells, and a '30 firewall. Eventually it will be gloss black, black interior, with a stainless decklid, and a completely stock looking '57 283 w/ white zoomies.

Attached Files:

15. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could use a shifter! Olds 350/TH400 combo... I've been dreaming of a tall, slender Gennie Shifter to put in my custom '49 Ford, "Sexy Sadie". She wants it so bad!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  16. titus

titus

my sectioned shoebox is gonna have a nailhead with a switch pitch behind her, i think a gennie shifter would be perfect for this app.

JEFF

Attached Files:

17. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i could certainly use it for the auto in my 47 plymouth. Wouldnt have to deal with colum shift any more.

Was a stick, now an auto.

Attached Files:

18. Irish

Irish

Alex please consider putting me in the drawing for the Gennie shifter for my model A tudor sedan. Gonna be early 60's style drag/street car with some torq thrusts and pie crusts. Fenderless, roof seams are removed and 1 1/2" chop top and will have a steel top welded in. Cadillac powered with th400.

Attached Files:

19. adams27

adams27

I'm building a lakes modified with some old junk I've dug up mostly for free. I plan to build my own shifter if I can't get a free one. Prob won't have a nuetral safety switch so if you don't want me to accidentally smash into your car, send me some shiftage.

Attached Files:

20. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i'm building a 62 2dr Falcon for my 16 yr old girl who is graduating this yr. she's done so well in school she's able to graduate early. :D

we've so far rebuilt the 200 inline 6 and C4. we're in the process of painting the engine compartment then moving on to the outside. she wants a semi gloss Tiffany box blue, with a silver flake roof with some lace and kandy.

here's some old pics of her car. the rattle can brown and scallops where from the previous owner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here's the Tiffany blue she wants....

[​IMG]

when she saw that i put in a Gennie shifter in my 54 chevy and made my own stick. she nows want one too. it just so happens that your offering one. :)

[​IMG]

21. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

BUILDING A 32 CHEVY 2 DR SEDAN WITH MY SON. HE'S 5 NOW AND HAS BEEN HELPING ME FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS. I MYSELF AM 41, AND JUST WANT TO PASS ON THE LOVE I HAVE FOR RODS TO HIM AND HOPEFULLY LEAVE HIM THIS 32. I PRETTY MUCH HAVE FINISHED THE CHASSIS AND DRIVE TRAIN, BUT SURE COULD USE A SHIFTER, AND WE WANT A BIGOLD TALL SHIFTER TO MATE UP WITH THE TURBO 350, ATTACHED TO THE 68 327. :cool:

Attached Files:

22. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Here's my entry: 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 hardtop Bellflower style project

I bought the Galaxie after the clusterfuck with a shop that cracked my block on the previous Caddy and I ended up, selling the Caddy and buying this. I was under the impression that it would take only two weeks two get it on the road,but that soon changed. Ended up pulling the motor and trans that came with it,and now saving to get the motor and trans that I'm going to put in it. This car keeps me focused on staying out of trouble by taking up my free time and free money(I have a fixed budget of $650 a month for this car since that's all I have after I pay what bills I have). So I've been following a list of to do's,now it's coming up to install motor and trans,then wiring,then redo bodywork,then redo the whole air ride system,then paint and interior. All this and I only make $9600 a year (Fixed income),but I think I can do it. Anyways,I already stated if I win the shifter,it's going to be auctioned here with the understanding that enough goes towards paying for an Alliance Membership for me and the rest goes to Jason Graham to help him get back on his feet. Here's ics of my project:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<!-- icon and title --> [​IMG] Re: '63 Galaxie 500 project,everything seems to be falling in to place..
    <hr style="color: rgb(229, 229, 229); background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Here's the new motor that will be going in next month:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the lace for the roof when it's ready to go to paint way down the line from now,haha:
    [​IMG]

23. hvychvy

hvychvy

Finally got me a merc,which is a 49.My goal is to have it on the road for the Leadsled Spectacular in July.Needless to say,I've got a long ways to go:D.I'm currently finishing up the chop,and just finished installing one of your taildragger kits.Thanks for your give-aways!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  24. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Here's a couple pic's of my coupe before I started teardown. I've been collectin' parts and taking it apart. I'm almost ready to start puttin' it back together. Plans call for an sweet little small journal 327, a M-21 Muncie, and a early Bronco 9" out back. I've also got a set of '40-'48 16x4's squirrelled away. Oh yea, how does about 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" off the top sound??? P.S. Thanks for the free s%^t !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  25. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Ok Alex G I'm in. I've got a couple of projects going. One being a chopped and sectioned 49 Cadillac Sedanette and also I'm starting another 37 Lincoln Zephyr project. I'm excited about both but the lincoln could use a pretty new Shifter. The car is currently a 4 door sedan soon to be 2 door roadster. I'm still working out the details but here's what I'm starting with and what I hope to end up with.

C-ya!

Attached Files:

26. wayfarer

wayfarer

Cool Giveaway, Alex! Here's my '53 Handyman wagon. I've been working on it off and on for about 5 years. I hope to have it running within the month. Right now it's got the stock suspension and a 307/350/ 10 bolt combo in it. I plan to drive it that way for the summer, then put in a mustang II front end. I would've entered your notch giveaway, but cutting the floor would eliminate the purpose of the wagon. I could use a nice floor shifter, though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Ok, sign me up. Don't worry peeps, you and I could be in the drawing and I would be disqulified for something. I never win crap. Enough crying...I've got a 1949 dodge coronet. When I bought it, she was in pieces everywhere. I had a 350 motor with 400 turbo tranny installed and now I'm paying the $$$price$$$ for not having a matching driveshaft. I want to get rid of the column shifter and go to a floor shift. If I don't win this, then I'll be forced to build a suicide shifter without a neutral safety switch and coming to your town to cruise in with ya. She's not much bit she's mine. IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5444.JPG

28. This is just what we need for the Tribute build "Crazy Diamond"
    It is now bagged, discbrakes -60 235cui splitheaders and dual carbs, TH350
    White tuckn roll interior!

Before:
    [​IMG]
    Step 1:
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]

More info in this thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450860

Thanks
    /Johan

29. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Okay here we go, put the shifter in the box.
    My uncle owned the car for around 40 years, since he was in high school.
    I finally talked him out of it 5 years ago, but I didn't have a place to keep it for another year.
    Finally got to bring it home when I got my shop built and have been cutting and grinding on it for almost 4 years.
    It is my first build and the learning curve for me was very steep but I have kept banging on it steadily as the money and time allowed.
    Pics show the beginning of the project and where I am at now, i hope to be able to fire it up this summer.
    There is along way to go but I am on the downhill slide now.
    The car came out of Greensburg Kansas and most of you probably didn't hear about it but about a year and a half after I brought it home the little town of Greensburg got leveled by a tornado that took out about 80 percent of all the buildings and homes in town including my grandmothers home and the home of my aunt and uncle from whom I got the car.
    If I has waited longer to bring it home it would not have been there.
    Everyone survived the storm but have now moved on because the town was gone and they couldn't wait for it to be reborn.
    That is my cars story and now I am at the point of finishing up the firewall and front part of the floor so I am ready for a shifter.
    Hope this qualifies.

Attached Files:

30. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Hey Alex, after some thought, I think my model "A" is fine with the semi-damaged Lokar that's in it. I have other things to worry about before I get to the shifter...

If I win, it will be donated to Ryan for a HAMB AUCTION.

If you're cool with this, keep my name in the hat. If not, pull me out so everyone has better odds.

THANKS a bunch for all the cool give-aways!

For all you HAMBers that keep entering and are not yet alliance members, INK UP! It's worth missing a few Taco Bell lunches and saving a couple bucks.

Thanks again Alex. I'll be down your way in April so I'll drop by and try to bring you that magazine I've been promising!