Register now to get rid of these ads!

New pinstriping on the scoot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64 Wildcat, Mar 16, 2010.

1. [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just got some hand-painted pinstripes on my little Vespa early-'60s era mild custom. These were done by a young artist in Auckland, NZ named Damien, who's done a number of rods, sickels, scoots and crash helmets (really!).

I think he's done a great job and will get him to do a set of factory-style coachlines on my '64 'Cat when she's rebuilt.

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

That almost makes me want a scooter. Really cool!

3. Thanks... Almost want? I should warn you these things are contagious! One of my Harley riding buddies wants to have an Old Skool Vespa after seeing mine. :eek:

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

You got me there! Hell yes I want one! :cool:

5. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

looks cool my ol lady wants one.

6. Do I apologise to you guys for starting this thread or what? :eek:

I'm sure there are a lot of Old Skool Vespas/Lambrettas/etc. sitting in garages where you guys live just waiting for a sympathetic new owner. There's a large scooter scene, Stateside, and plenty of parts and technical back-up. If you guys are serious about finding and rodding a scooter, feel free to PM me for advice.

Mine was part of a bunch of factory reissues that I bought from auctions in Japan a couple of years ago. Sadly, the freight costs to get these into the USA would be v. prohibitive (it costs as much to send a shipping container to the Midwest from CA as it would to get it from Japan or NZ to San Pedro!). Happy hunting.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  7. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

That thing is cool! great striping job

8. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

i like them old scooters

nice job on the striping

9. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

That's cool......

....but I couldn't be caught riding on a Vespa!

10. When you've seen what I have customized and/or rodded over the years, you'll know why I don't worry about being seen riding a Vespa! (LOL)

BTW, the chicks dig it more than my sickel! :eek: