Register now to get rid of these ads!

another help with car club plaques thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DECKARD sr., Jan 14, 2010.

1. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

^^thanks carguy_19 that looks really good

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Why do all these new clubs have to have CC on their plaques? Isn't it a given that if the plaque is on an old car that they may belong to a car club?

Or, does the CC stand for something different?

3. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

yea, at first some of us wanted the cc, but others did'nt. i prefer it to not have the cc on it, because that limits our club to just cars. i like it without. either way......

4. Nice looking artworks guys. I could work with any of them.

Bill, on your CC question, the only thing I can think of is the club that reordered from me last year and had me add the CC so they wouldn't get in trouble with the local MC club (if you know what I mean:rolleyes:)

As for size, the traditional size is between 4 1/2 - 5 inches tall by 8 1/2 - 10 inches wide. No, I'm not the traditional police, it's just that out of the 12,100 patterns I have from the plaques done by Speed Gems and Chicago Metal Craft in the 1950's and 1960's roughly 95+ percent were rectangular plaques in that size range. The same doesn't hold true percentage wise for the 3000 plaques we've done since 1978 because we use a different technology and do many not rectangular plaques and a few 6" x 12" plaques for clubs wanting to replace the front plate on their "late models".

Looksing forward to adding the Diamond Cutters to the list.....

Dennis

5. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

^^thanks dennis, can't wait to get this ball rolling. i will be in touch with you soon.

6. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

[​IMG]

Made the lines a tad thicker (for better view from a distance) and slimed down the "S" in the middle section... Still 10 by 6 format, any smaller and the font will get too thin to view real good I think. The blade is centered as well as the diamond. Both are as big as can be counting the space separating them is as large as the white lines of the top of the letters.

7. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

thats badass man, i think thats the one were gonna use. i'm sending you a pm.

8. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Looks great. Don't forget to post a pic when they're done...

9. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

^ What he said... and thanks man!

Hey Dennis, what version of vectors you prefer? I got Illustrator CS4

10. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I like the name Diamond Cutters.

Beats the hell out of my old clubs name... THE PEARL NECKLACERS

Attached Files:

11. I work in Corel Draw X4 if you can export to Corel. If not I can import an .ai file or whatever. Actually, just a big hi-res (2-3MB) .JPG is OK as long as it prints out nice and crisp with no "jaggies". But I do need the negative of what you're showing, i.e. anything raised = black and anything recessed = white ant it should be just two colors - pure black and white. nothing really magic about it....

Dennis

12. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

hey dennis, were gonna go with the one on post 36. pm me if you have any questions. thanks

13. Well a couple come to mind. How about you call me and we'll work out the details like how many, finish, etc....

Dennis

508-248-1555

14. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

Vectors sent... Please post a pic when they're done or I'll have to start drinking something stronger than beer. Thanks.

15. Artwork received, order received.

They should be done at the foundry about the time we get back from Hawaii.

Dennis

16. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

[​IMG]
    thanks dennis, i hope you have a great time in hawaii. be safe.....deckard sr.

17. DECKARD sr. asked me to post this photo for him:

Attached Files:

18. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

He'll yeah! They came out great. Thanks to everyone that helped. 37nash, you are a badass artist. I have your address, and we are putting something together for you. Thanks to Dennis, and everyone at obrien truckers.

19. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I added the plaque to the Bay City page on my website but I'm not sure where that is or it that is correct .....

[​IMG]