Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Performance World Toronto this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Mar 13, 2010.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Pretty good show, alot of cars from Cobo Hall so i wont go there with photos. These were some of my favorites.

Attached Files:

2. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

A few More

Attached Files:

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks for the pics...I miss goin to that show from Ottawa every year, made for a long tiring but fun weekend!

4. I was there on Friday..
    I thought the show wasn't as good as other years.

Rick

5. I was there today.I,ll agree that the show seemed to be smaller with a lot of the same old same old cars in attendance.There were some nice cars that I had not seen before though.The custom 51 Merc from Coburg in the first room on the right was painted by my good buddy at Mikes Customs and Classics.I prefered the green tamer 4 door 51 Merc further down the line.Met Fast Elvis and shot the shit a bit.The pin stripers display blew my kids mind and he kept going back to watch.All in all a good day as the show breaks up the winter season and I got to spend time with my son and my pals....

6. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

It was a good way to break up the winter but for $20 admission, I felt cheated. Plus, I heard the cars on show had to pay a $30 fee. Someone needs to confirm that.
    If it's true, it is ridiculous and will spell the end of shows like this. It was much smaller than years past. After going to the Detoit Autorama it was anti-climatic.
    I doubt if I will part with my hard-earned $20 next year.
    Larry, your car looked great with no fenders!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  7. Dang-Lucky I didn't go! Like you said Al-hard to beat Detroit in this part of the world-this time of year

Jim

8. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Larry the car looked good. Did you guys have to pay to show! Sign of the times ? The quality of cars was good.The quantity, not so good. They must pass the buck right down to the participants and the spectators. No child or senior charge,just straight 20 bucks. To me to see friends, a few new cars, it was O.K. Either the Convetion centre or the promoters are getting it all. The venders must have paid Large for a spot! Whoever gets the big dollars would shit if everyone went elsewhere.

I doubt if I'll go back! !"m sure they won"t miss me or my $20.....

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I went to meet some new HAMB friends.
    The car show wasn't worth the $20.
    We should have organized a meet and greet!

Norton

10. the other side of this program was the vendors/booth guys paid $1,000 a pop to vend.

And the $30 per car was the reason we didn't enter ..
    It's NOT the 30 bucks, but the principal..
    I would prefer a $30 .00 deposit apon arrival would be more in line.

Rick

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

The $30. entry fee is correct, I had already commited to go before I found about it, I didnt want to appear as a cheap bastard so I paid it but not without expressing my feelings to the management, I felt it was a huge step backward and I would not be back. They offered extra passes to the competitors for the weekend for $50. for 3 days very generous of them. Then I find out it is $20. a head for spectators what a RIP OFF, for that quality of show, I guess that is why at peak hours you can shoot off a cannon and not hit any body. Any way I must go now and get my car out of there.

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow definately not the same show from the last time I was there...must be at least 5-6 yrs ago now...too bad, they pulled the same shit at the autorama in Ottawa whenn the ownership changed, show had been going for at least 40 yrs, these assholes killed it in 3...

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Thanks for confirming the $30 fee Larry. I won't be back nor do I suspect members of the Roadmates will be either. The only good part about the $20 entry fee is seeing your deuce in person. If the entry fee continues, Performance World will slowly wilt away and eventually die. Too bad. It used to be THE show in Toronto.

14. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

The show was always the top show in the GTA. This year,the show reminded me of "Speed-O-Rama" a few years ago. I was there Friday night, and was surprised at the lack of crowds. It reminded me of the Thursday, set up days, a few years ago, at the old Motion car show.
    I dought if it will still be there in a few years, unless the do some drastic changes.
    Enough rambling for now,

15. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

felt cheated also ..but high light of it all was met the owner of a very sweet...white chev11 gasser 3 cars in from the front door very nicely done and says not only will he be hitting the track this summer but a lot of the cruise ins burlington grimsby way plan on hitting them this year also and looking forward to seeing that car again

16. 28Abone

28Abone
    from Toronto

I was there today and it was ok, but seemed to be a social event to me 20 bucks was a lot but the parking was free......... I wonder what happened to ''Speed-O-Rama this year? Dennis.

17. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

did anybody get pics of that white chev 2 gasser ,,doh camera was dead !!
    be a nice car to go on this thread

18. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I missed it this year, just wondering if anyone went to the Tillsonburg swap meet instead? A friend I was going to go with decided to skip on the swap meet and I wasn't in a real need for any parts (I'll just wait for Ancaster).

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

19. screwball

screwball

If every one gives up on Canada it wont be long before the powers that be may just give up on the old car hobby. We still need to support the Canadian old car hobby especially the modified car side as I do not trust politicians.

20. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Exactly what is happened here: New Ownership - New Rules - Screw the car owners and rape the spectators = No show in a couple of years. :mad:

21. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Tillsonburg.............Worst one yet! Was going to vend didn"t .We walked thru 3x and left.Got up at 5., should have slept in!Ancaster and Waterdown will be good...

22. I must admit that I felt ripped off as well. Very poor displays and no music and just plain boring. There are so many things that can be done to attract the crowds and this time they fell on their face. On the heels of Speedorama falling off the map, this was a perfect time to capitalize on that. They could have invited and paid for some great local cars to be there. Instead they offered up an Gerbil and hamster display for the kids and to top it all off. $3.15 cents for a bottle of water??? Building 2 was like walking through a parking lot at Wal-Mart.
    NO IMMAGINATION and shame on the promoters for treating the exibitors to a 30.00 dollar insult. I called it 3 years ago, and will call it again..POOR-FERMANCE WORLD. Cost me 40.00 bucks for a good laugh though... Great Hi-Boy Larry...Nice car..

23. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Poor- Formance lol love it good call TBJ

24. And how's about the beer for $9.00????? Could have at least been Export.....

25. Sorry about the spelling guys POOR-FORMANCE WORLD. There now I got it.They need some new blood in management and some fresh ideas to make that terd fly. Until then it will always be a lame duck. Larry king had it right when he owned the show.I always thought Challice was a hot rodder?? Where did he go wrong?? Oh well..TBJ

26. we vended at Tillsonburg..it's always a good "little " event..
    Never know what will turn up as the economy in the area sucks right now.
    The place is always sold out..

Rick
    ================================================

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Now back ro the show, to those who are interested the 41 Willys in the front hall is the Grand Champion and not that FUGLY 51 Merc. My car won the best award of them all in my opinion a Custom made trophy by the show pins stripers for Best Nostalgia Car. I just love it.:D

Attached Files:

28. Rochie

Rochie

You boys should come on down to London on Mar.26/27/28. Great little show.

29. We vended in Tillsonburg and did very well. I always enjoy that event. Nice to see you again Rick. If anyone is going to London show in a couple weeks stop by and say hi. Dave.

30. Well done Larry!

I felt the same way, it was a long drive, too much money for what was there. Size is down and way to many rice rockets.

See you all when the nice weather arrives. (Soon I hope) Its been a long winter.