Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ~~My new wheels!!!!!~~'38 Pick-up!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Mar 9, 2010.

1. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Nice truck,
    But that grille is a 39.

2. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

55dude, I still have all those parts like the dash and radiator, are you going to make it over this way?

3. PITRE ART

PITRE ART

Love them trucks!

4. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You done good on that trade. Model A's are cool but an early ford hauler can't be beat. The oval grille has always been a favoite of mine. As far as the mild SBC and the origional drivetrain I drove one for a few years after high school and like you've been told if you can refrain from being John Force at the stop lights there's no reason for it to not last thousands of miles. I'm putting a mild 301 in my '38 DeLuxe with a '39 trans and expect it to last for years. When I was 18 it probably would have lasted about a week. LOL

Frank

6. What do I know,haha! I thought they were the same. What's the difference? The stainless?

7. I'm getting used to it! It runs great! Still getting used to downshifting into 1st AT A STOP! But that's okay...Next will be a tach and hooking up the speedo.

8. I'll go outside and get a pic,when it lightens up.

9. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

[​IMG]

10. Okay! I like the look of the '38 better! That V8 at the top is cool! Now i'm gonna have to find me one,haha!!!
    Thanks Saxon!!!

11. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Bob Drake repops just the v8 emblem, 90 bucks!
    They really are two very different grills, well kinda....

12. FUCK!!!! That's great! You do some cool work....i'm saving all of these,you know,hahaha!!!

Gonna have to put one of those wooden push bars on there now!!!

13. Haha, thanks. And thanks to SanDiegoJoe for the spare I over looked.

Hope to see it out @ B-ville this year. I always thought the Crow needed an old push truck, and I think your truck will look awesome with it!

14. Don't think I will get to push the bellytanker off. Maybe they'll let me pull it back to the pits!!!!

15. Bad Bob good '38 grills are rare as hen's teeth and twice as valuable. No one repops the stainless surround piece. Yours will fit a 38. Drake does make the V8 piece but not the center strip and it is 38 specific. I like what the guys have done with the photoshop pix. The grill you have looks darn good. I don't think I'd mess with it.

16. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Can't wait to see the real deal Bob....

Added a touch of sepia:
    [​IMG]

Killer photoshop work there Carbs & Chrome!

- Joe

17. Maybe you're right. I'll probably just leave it alone then. Spend my money where it's needed...Thanks for all the info guys! and the cool photoshop work!

18. The lettering is coming off anyways,so I aged it a bit. I'm no good at this stuff,but it looks better than before...
    [​IMG]

19. I put the spare on,but the shade is a little too light. Might just paint it black instead...
    [​IMG]

20. I like the BR6-1938. Or 976 BadBob

21. Took my paint stripper wheel and got all the rust off the front bumper...
    [​IMG]

22. I was gonna use the same paint on the grill,but now I think i'll look for a darker brown.

23. I vote the wrong shade of brown rather than black. There's plenty of black already there. But, that thing screams for whitewalls. It's a very dark, drab looking thing that's in need of something to break it all up. JMO;). Someone please photochop some fat whites

24. I'm not feeling the WWW's on a shop truck. The blackwalls look more commercial to me.

25. Use the lighter all the way around for some better contrast

26. It's not a shop truck.:p. Unless it's BadBob's drywall srvce

27. Well,let's just say...Shop "style" Truck...

28. I'm just fucking with ya. Did you go to the ZOO L.B. today? What a mess

29. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i agree with groucho wide whites would look nice. break up all the black.

that truck is bad ass either way