Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Project...1961 Econoline Van...I Must Be An Idiot!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Looks like a cool start for a fun ride......keep us posted on the build.

2. You're wacked!! But I love it!

Fuck you.

Fuck you too.

Let's do the wizard, holding a crystal ball with a vision of a completed Buick street freak in the ball! That would be soooo cool!

MMMMM boobies.....

3. If you did find it and would be willing to sell it I may have an eager buyer:D.

Holy shit! That's alot to digest! I can't thank you enough for talking with him about this. That's priceless info. Thank you very much!

Will do! Thanks.

I hate you gasser people! You're all the same with your 10% engine set back and your damn nailheads. How about some originality??:D:D:D:D

Your car looks killer. Now go finish yours and quit busting my balls!!

Shag baby, shag! Thanks for all the links. I'll check them out.

I look damn good with blond hair. Let me get it on the road and I'll send you a vid. How 'bout it??

How about "The Stab Bin Sin Cabin"?? Too long?

Arggggggggg!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::D

I like the way you think. I would love a daily driver that would get 24 mpg. Right now mine gets 5-8. Damn it sucks.

Thanks again for all the responses. The bad thing is you're all getting me all wound up about this damn van. I may have to go to counceling over this!

Help:eek:

BloodyKnuckles

4. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Are you really sure on counceling? Do you think they would really understand that your obsessing over an old van? They may suggest drugs to cope... But will they really help? It's a tough problem to deal with but it's a problem we all share.... On another note... If I find anything else out about my dad's ol' white rocket I'll let you know.. I wish I was around in the 70's that ol' van sounds freakin' insane...

5. Thanks Doc! I knew I didn't need therapy.

Definately let me know if you come up with any other info.

Thanks again.

BloodyKnuckles

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

If Shawn can't find that shop manual, you can get them brand new from Mac's fro around $20. They're quite useful to have around.

7. Hell yeah they are!! I have one for 3 of my cars. I still need one for the International now one for the van.

I'll check Mac's, thanks.

BloodyKnuckles

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

damn i've been looking for a panel in our area for a while. all i seem to find are window vans or rotten overpriced panels. i've been thinking about getting rid of the 60 ford truck and moving my attention to a early van. was actually looking for a van when i ran across the truck. damn A.D.D always gettin' in the way...ken...

9. The guy I got ours from knows where a few more are sitting. I don't know wether they are panels or windows but I will find out for you if you want.

I'll let you know.

BloodyKnuckles

10. I did a bit of tinkering with it. I pulled the plugs, which looked really good, and looked inside the cylinders. They all looked really promising with no rust or shit inside. I then poured Marvels into the spark plug holes and set the plugs back in.

I'll check it tomorrow to see if I can get it to break loose.

Keep your fingers crossed.

BloodyKnuckles

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

The van is cool! Just had mine out yesterday. Keep, sell, keep ,sell.............. so many cars, so little cash.

later, Bill

12. Vans rule, let's go Vannin'

13. Dude, I love your damn van!! Very cool!

BloodyKnuckles

14. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

:DThanks! So do I, so I'm not sure why I'm trying to sell it. Always wanting more I guess...........

Later, Bill

15. gilmazzi

gilmazzi

I had a 1964 Ford Econoline Van and used it in the SF bay area for a business Great van ran forever!!When it was real windy on the bay bridge I would roll down both windows to keep from blowing me over to the other lane when it was empty.Loved that van!!

16. luckystiff

luckystiff

well i'd take a window van if it were sensibly priced. econoline or a100. theres a a100 with auto/v8 near winston i've been trying to get but it ain't happened yet. the a100 on craigs would be an option if he wasn't asking twice what it's worth, the fact that it hasn't sold there or egay should be a hint but some folks don't take a hint. little lady has an appointment at Ace in a few weeks and with autofair coming up i know i'll be digging around the charlotte area a good bit in the next short bit...ken....

17. The guy I bought it from just dropped off the title and told me he checked out the other vans. One he has is a window and he says it's pretty nice but it doesn't have an engine.

Let me know.

BloodyKnuckles

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

So did it turn over? :D

19. I tried today when I got home and no go. Looked inside the plug holes and I still see the Marvels. I'll try again tomorrow.

BloodyKnuckles

20. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I guess if all else fails, you can dip the whole thing in molasses. That stuff is supposed to work miracles! And speaking of molasses, first mole in line says "I smell pancakes.". Second mole in line says "I smell pancakes too.". Third mole says "All I smell is molasses.". :D

21. You, my friend, are whacked!!

Just an update, I got it to turn over!!!

I'm pretty excited about this. It's been sitting for about 30 years so this is a step in the right direction.

I need to pick up a starter, carb rebuild kit and some coolant and hopefully it will fire up.

I'll let you know.

BloodyKnuckles

22. NorthEastMetal

NorthEastMetal
    from CT

For sure the old Econolines are cool. Here's a buddy of mines back when we lived in the bay area in 1973. Note the left side doors.

Attached Files:

23. I really like the slots.

Thanks,

BloodyKnuckles

24. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'm so excited for you! You're half way to getting it running! Don't forget to take gas and a battery too. Let me know if you need any help, I'd be glad to do whatever. I'll be watching...

25. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

As the ol boys say............. if it'll turn over it'll run.

Later,Bill

26. dixiedog

dixiedog

Sweet score keep the updates coming

27. I'm hoping to have it running by the end of the weekend, maybe not driving but at least running.

Thanks man.

BloodyKnuckles

28. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Cool, you should add it to your sig. You don't have near enough cars, lol. :D

29. The sig won't accept it. I have too many lines or letters.

Oh well.

Are you going to K-nap today??

BloodyKnuckles

30. So I had a bit of time and went to the auto parts store and picked up a new starter, oil and coolant.

I replaced the starter and hooked up the battery and it turns over with no problem. It does not have spark. I jumped the coil to the battery and still no spark. I'm thinking it probably needs a new coil, cap, rotor, points and condenser. I will pick that stuff up tomorrow and try that.

I did hit a snag though. The carb linkage that operates what I think is the accelerator pump broke. It is aluminum and was cracked. I will look for a new carb to rebuild or run one of the style that came on the Plymouth, Ball & Ball. I have about 10 of those.

I figure I'll need a new water pump, fuel pump, gas tank and lines flushed and possibly a rebuilt generator and regulator. Then it's on to the brakes and tires.

I hope it will be running by tomorrow.

Hell yeah!

BloodyKnuckles