Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carb issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Ok fellas, iv run into a wierd issue. When im braking down hill, or turn a corner too hard, my carb acts like its flooding out. Iv changed the float height several times, and where i have it now has been the best ( where the internet says to have it ) but it still acts like it floods when i take a corner a little hard.

Carb is a Carter AFB. Its actually a webber copy, but same damn thing. Motor is a 327 chev

Any help?

Thanks,
    Marty

2. fordolet60

fordolet60
    from iowa

I dont know how too help but i will tell you that when i turn a corner fast i have the same problem, only i have a 65 cfm holly carb on a 350 chevy

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

4. Deuces

Deuces

Take the float out again and tweek it down no more than a 1/8th of an inch.... Try it and let me know what happens.. Also... Adjust your idle mixture screws using a vacuum gage.

5. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

what engine, cfm on carb?

6. Good advice. In the absence of a vacuum gage, with 2 people around you can listen at the exhaust while someone turns the adjusting screws "in" then "out" until it sounds best. Usually 1.5 turns out is close.

Check to see if your float is hanging up on anything.

Bob

7. agreed, even though you played with the float, play some more.