Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Holy shit! What a great lineup! Saturday night is going to be awesome with the Dyes and the Honeybees!!

2. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

Hell yeah, the Afterdarks kickass. Papa Darkness,Nasty and Smallcow can really rock the house. You will have to ask Smokehouse how his name got changed to smallcow.

3. KatsAss

KatsAss

How about some Hamm's??? :D

-KatsAss

4. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

I know I'm looking forward to the Pileup even more now that the band lineup is posted. Our family is moving to Farmer City , which is even closer to the venue,and the nuclear powerplant that provides some of Plowboy's inspiration. As for the PBR, Hamm's, and Blatz? If they run out of those there's plenty of cowpiss in the area.

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

DAMN STRAIGHT! All 3 events are going to be awesome at the new venues.

Yes, they still make Blatz. Why? I have no idea. The "new" Schlitz that uses the original formula is really good, but only comes in bottles, so we can't have it there. Too bad Warbird beer closed up.

6. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

OH MY GOD...THEY STILL MAKE BLATZ!!! I'M GLAD I QUIT DRINKIN....

On a lighter note, the lineup looks awesome guys. This should be a banner year. What a great way to break in a new place!!!

7. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

Saw the show on "my classic car" and i goota say i wanna go.

8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

the honeybees rock! they did A great show here in Boston!

9. DeuceKustoms

DeuceKustoms

and if they can't get Grain Belt down there, I will bring 8 feet of trunk full!

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep! I've seen all the bands in the lineup play numerous times, and they will ALL rock your socks off. Wait till you see the Del Moroccos! Chicago super group with backup singers! I was blown away the first time I saw them.

11. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

man this sounds like its gonna be awesome i volunteer every year that i can i plan on comin this year but just found out the girlfriend is pregnant the due date is oct 11 so well just have to see what happens either way itll be a good event for me

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

We haven't had a baby born at the Pileup... yet! :D

Congratulations!

13. its $100 for vendors, correct? clicked on the link in your sig but looked like it was just a flyer and not the info for the show

I may consider becoming a vendor at the show

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're still updating the site and working out details. Prices for vendors hasn't changed in many years, so I doubt we'll change it this year. It has been $100 per spot (2 spots max) unless you're selling out of a trailer. New stuff is for the vendor area. Used car parts are for the swap meet/no new stuff in the swap. We still need to work out the vendor space dimensions. All vendors must be pre-approved and pre-resgistered, and be selling only things related to traditional hot rodding or kustom culture. Registration probably will open in May. Indoor spots will go like donuts on a fat farm.

15. ok sounds good with me, I'd be selling air ride suspension parts, hot rod photos, dvds, t-shirts, hats, decals..etc

would I be allowed in as some consider air ride traditonal and others dont so just wanted to check and see

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

So, I got confirmation on the final band in this year's Pileup line up.

Miss Mary Ann & the Ragtime Wranglers

real traditional rockabilly from THE NETHERLANDS

I've seen her play with her other band, the Ranch Girls, and they're really freakin' good.

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/poc88oIcro0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/poc88oIcro0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. DeuceKustoms

DeuceKustoms

too bad you couldn't get Wayne Hancock there... Maybe next year?

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Wayne the train!
    or LEFT LANE CRUISER those guys rock hard!

19. Awesome Joe! The music lineup is one thing I LOVE about the pileup. Look Larry and his Flask up one year. One hell of a show. :)

20. None delivered...how about a count on conceptions! :D

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you mean someone actually stays sober enough to have sex? hmm, i misread the memo!:)

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just read the article in the new issue of Traditional Rod And Kulture about the 2009 Hunnert Car Pile Up. Pretty good two page article.........of course we all know the fate of the Pile Up now.....so the magazine is a bit late with the info - great pix though.

23. pigeonfarmboy

pigeonfarmboy

I live 20 miles from Decatur so I'm super excited. Just had a 29 coupe built up as well so I'll be showing for my first time! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

That reminds me of a Dead Kennedys song. :D

25. krek

krek
    from Missouri

Oh heck yeah... this is great!

26. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Miss Mary Ann rocks!

27. DeuceKustoms

DeuceKustoms

any words yet on on-site camping?

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm sure they'll allow it, but I'm not sure about where on the site or details like if they allow campfires. There are no "facilities" for campers though

29. Plowboy

Plowboy

I even heard a rumor that Nads is going to make a celebrity appearance this year.....