Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metal Flaking Roof on my 61 Biscayne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE ONE, Mar 19, 2008.

1. THE ONE

THE ONE
    from PHOENIX AZ

I really want to metal flake the roof on my ermine white 61 but I am not really sure if it goes with the style of the car(super stock). I love the cars I have seen with metal flaked roofs but they seem to be mostly customs and lowriders. I want to go red but with a red interior I am not sure how it would look. I am bored with the all white so I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions, photo shops to help me change it up a little. I just painted the car 2 yeas ago so I dont want to repaint the whole car.

Attached Files:

2. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I really like that car a lot, Id go with red, no flake and no pearl ,and the same level of gloss as the rest of the car then proceed to drag race the hell out of it.
    I just noticed the wheels , great choice.

3. Fantastic car! I'd say flake the roof, add pinstripe scallops, and some cinder blocks in the trunk.

4. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

There were some wacky painted drag cars in the 60s and 70s, wouldn't be too off beat I don't think. Many had flake and candy and leaf all over the place. I say go for it, F the rest of em!

5. Dirt Rod

Dirt Rod
    from Mission KS

Just my opinion....

I think the darn thing looks great right now!!

If you're bored with it you can sell it to me!! Just kidding, nice car with great choice in paint and wheels...

I wouldn't change a thing

Ax

6. vintage tin

vintage tin

Quickie Photoshop.

Attached Files:

7. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I like it plenty as it is, but I wouldn't mind a sandy beige/light gold 'flake on there... nice Chevy, man.

8. THE ONE

THE ONE
    from PHOENIX AZ

thanks for the photo shop can you do it with the A and B pillars red also thats how I was going to do it.

9. vintage tin

vintage tin

No problem.

Attached Files:

10. Artie B

Artie B

Flake it, caddy lights and do the interior, ex custom turned super stock--best of both worlds

11. IMHO flaking just the roof is perfect. Flaking the A & B pillars also, is a bit too much, but hey it's your car and you should do it how you like it!

12. i wouldn't, but if you have to, keep it above the drip rails. dont do the a/b pillar. i think you can come down the sail panel.
    i like the idea of a sand or gold better than red.

13. Nailhead

Nailhead

Just my .02, if you want a super stock meets custom kind of look try this :
    Flake the roof (no pillars) run chrome reverse wheels with whites (cheater slicks out back, of course) and lift the front a couple inches.

HOLY RUN-ON SENTENCE BATMAN !!!!

-Sorry !:D

Todd

14. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Another vote to flake the roof but keep the pillars white. Looks way better.

-KK

15. The car is absolutely gorgeous the way it is. The only thing I would do is put Cragars on the rear and a big block under the hood.

Your car is representative of the term,

"Understated Elegance"

16. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

flake the roof , some old skool pinstripes and piecrusts on the rear. nice car!

17. Zumo

Zumo

I think it would be awesome. You could even go with gold or silver metal flake. Red would be my 1st choice though.

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

IF you want to stay with the SS look...than flake is not the way...a two-tone from back in the day would have been done any number of ways...flake was NOT used much then...and you need to get the front end up a tad higher to complete the look.

You could add red stripes to the top ala early "Ramchargers," or you could simply split the two colors like the attached Chevy...note the color is down over the natural body line...and that would be more reminiscent than flake...

R-

[​IMG]

19. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

I'd say don't flake it! If anything, hand letter it! The car looks great! What motor/trans? Rearend?

20. What he said....I agree on gold, maybe silver flake and keep the pilllars white

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Not 100% sure on the flake but if you want the s/s look, put some name on the quarter panel and a few period correct decals....INHO

22. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Personally, for that car, I'd sink my money into the motor. Maybe a real nasty 409 with those badass Edelbrock aluminum heads or an injected big block.

23. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Lace Flake it!! That's what Im doing!!

Attached Files:

24. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

X2

Get a beater 62-64 impala hardtop and flake it out. I like yours as is.

25. THE ONE

THE ONE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Wow I posted this a year ago and I have decided to leave the car all white. I did what 57joefomopar has suggested and purchase a 348 which hopefully will be in soon. Thanks guys.

26. I say green and white. 2 cents

27. Big Tony

Big Tony

Flake it, chrome steelies on front... dig it either way

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

I like flake on anything. Flake the hell out of it I say.....

29. I'm sorry, when I posted I didn't realize the original post was 2 years old. I'm a little slow......