Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything in the Phoenix area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donnyboy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

Just getting back into the lifestyle after a few of life's never ending experiences.

I do not like the Snobbsdale wealth = cool ideals.

Just a Greaser trying to get back into the swing of things. Oh yeah - some weekends have to be kid friendly, I am a father first.

Thanks

2. Hi,
    I'm hosting the Nostalgic Show & Go! at Speedworld on Sunday April 11.

It is not only Hamb friendly but also kid friendly too. I always like to have my events as family friendly because we all want to pass our love of vintage cars and hot rodding to future generations. Because of this, kids are free 12 and under. Plus, we have childrens activities throughout the day.
    In addition to my 1981 and older car show with stockers, rods, customs and projects, there is a front engined blown Top Fuel nitro burning match race with my car against Vince Karsetter. There will also be an A/FX/AWB injected match race too plus plenty of vintage racing and test and tune for all kinds of vintage cars and trucks.
    The model car contest should be another attraction for young and older alike.
    It's a great way for Hambers and their friends and kids, to enjoy the day.
    Here is the event flyer.
    We also have an event website www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

If anyone would like to get a picture of their son/daughter in my blown nitro burning digger, just ask.:) It would be a great way to being home a nice memory of the event. There also will be very cool event shirts.
    You can even reserve a special style or size of shirt if you preregister online.
    thank you,
    Steve 480-899-7873
    [​IMG]

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

4. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Not sure what you're looking for, but the GoodGuys season opener is next Fri-Sat-Sun at West World. Always a ton of everything out there.

The Nostalgia Drags that Steve posted are not to be missed!

Plenty of cruise nights around town too, check the "Social Groups" section on here under "the Phoenix AZ and outlying suburbs group" for more ideas!

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

For check out the Phoenix group, and if you wanna check out my bands myspace, we've always got something, usually not so kid friendly. What part of town are you in?

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A good weekly deal is 35th ave. and Northern on Friday nights. I'll be out there tonight, just look for the ugly '48 Plymouth & say hi.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, another thought - big car show and block party on 7th ave. just north of nIndian School rd. tomorrow from about 10 am on. Billed as "fun for the whole family". It's put on by the merchants group there, lots antique stores, specialty stores, stuff to do. Should be not only kid friendly, but just as important( maybe more so ?) wife friendly! Check out my friends place "GO KAT GO" while your there, cool place.

8. MilesM

MilesM

9. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Sunday March 21st 8:00 AM "Southwest Nostalgia Drags"
    Will be featuring the "Standard 1320's Ron Miller Memorial Race" - Vintage Fuel Dragsters on display, cackling & blasting down the track - NHRA Super Stock-Stock Combo - F/X Shoot Out - Straight Axle Eliminator - peoples choice car show - HAMB Hospitality Area, Vintage Minibike Drags - DJ Nick Flores with his band "Special Deluxe" :D THE BEST NOSTALGIA DRAG RACING EVENT :D at Speedworld Drag Strip........Check it Out...........Spike

10. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

A good source for auto related events is www.desertcruisers.com . They do the whole SW but you can click AZ on the map and get a state wide calendar. Be sure to call the number given for any event, as some of the events are defunct/changed location/etc.

11. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

I am in Ahwatukee, easy to spot - "red" chopped 40 Packard, no front end (hehehehe)

I have my kids every other weekend so as long as I can plan around my time with them - they come first, the car comes second and then everything else ;). my kids are getting into cars, which is awesome considering my son is almost 13 and if he gets his head on straight I am going to help him put something together, my daughter wants a Ghia in pink and black (she is 10 so she still has time).

I was at Sucker Punch Sallys a couple weeks back, cruised Mill after and thought, "what the hell happened to this city"........ Then again the last time I cruised Mill, Long Wongs was still around (we used to sneak booze from there underage in the late 80's).

7th and Indian School tomorrow - might be able to sneak there before going to my brother's, I know one of the girls at Go Kat Go by sight, she knows my kids as "well behaved and no leash needed" ;)

Haha no wife, only my kids - I found something high maintenance and expensive - the best part is when it has a problem I can fix it and not get yelled at!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010