Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Collin Casey's Memorial Fund is now set up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 4, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Were to start? I've been trying all week to find the words to write this post. It been very a difficult time for all of Collin's friends, especially his girlfriend Kelly. She is not much of a computer person and Blasted's computer took a dump so they asked me to post some information and I'm very honored to be able to help them out.

There have been lots of questions the last couple of weeks and very few answers. The preliminary toxicology results stated nothing was amiss. The autopsy results will take awhile yet to get back. Collin was 43 years old, single and like most single folks of this age he did not plan for this. Collin's father passed away a few years ago and his mother has not been in his life for quite awhile.

Collin was very close to ALOT of HAMB people and actually thought of the HAMB community as family and lots of us felt the same way. So many people have been asking what they can do to help that Kelly set up a paypal account where Collins friends can make donations for the cremation and incidental expenses to get his car running for the April memorial service to spread his ashes at Little River Dragway in Temple.

I don't do paypal enough but from what I understand you just go to the site
    www.paypal.com
    and use this email address
    [email protected]
    and put in the donation amount.

Also, from what I have just been told PayPal takes a percentage off the top of all transactions UNLESS the sender marks the transaction as a "GIFT". Then 100% of the donation goes into the account.

Tomorrow I will ask Kelly if there is a snail mail address where folks that don't do paypal can send a donation via a check or money order. I'll post that address when I get it.

Please see Duce Gurl's thread here for more info regarding the Memorial Service
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451889

I'd also like to mention that the Lonestar RoundUp Meet & Greet will be held in Collin's honor. He really enjoyed attending them cuz they gave him the opportunity to meet so many cool hot rod folks. Larry AKA OldBobSign designed and printed a very special memorial sticker that I'll pass out to everyone that attends.

On behalf of Kelly I'd like to thank everyone for all their kind words and sympathy during this most tying time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Colin was a realy cool guy. Thanks for helping him.

3. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

i never knew him but its cool that he had such a great family in the HAMB.

4. Only met him once but he made a very positive and upbeat impression.

Donation sent.

R.I.P. Collin

Dennis

5. I think it is great that this is being posted, it just makes me sad. I never met Collin but I enjoyed seeing his post's and seeing his car on the HAMB. From were I sit it looked like he really enjoyed life and will be sorely missed.

I wish I would have had the chance to meet him, he left us way to early.

CBB

6. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Thanks for posting this up Denise.

Tim

7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Sent

Thanks Denise.....Luv ya

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  8. kisam

kisam

Thank You Denise!

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Paypal sent-----I never had a chance to meet him in person but I want to help. R.I.P. Collin.

10. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

A great help.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Please don't thank me, mine are only words. Kelly is the one having to deal with all the details revolving around a loved ones death. She deserves all the kudos, support and praise for being such a strong person.

Here is Skot's business address if someone doesn't do paypal and wants to send a check or money order

Kelly Stubblefield
    c/o Skot Ingram
    11303 RR 2222
    Austin, Tx 78730

12. Thanks Denise,,just what I've been waiting for...
    "Checks in the mail"

13. bigken

bigken

Thanks Denise, we all appreciate your words and the love you have for all of us.
    See ya in Austin.

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

"A free spirit cannot long be contained in a mortal shell."

Donation sent. R.I.P.

15. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Wow!!!!!

16. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Donation sent and I'll be having a drink in his honor later tonight
    God Speed Collin

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

A lot of people deserve Thanks here for what they have done for Casey and we have all lost a tremendous friend. Denise said it so elegantly and I thank her for that. This site has thousands of selfless people who just care about others and don't want any recognition for it... Truly is inspiring and pricless.... Kelly is the one i hurt for most. Last weekend I held back many of tears.

Can't wait til April when the Torques hit the road and head down Temple way

18. Im glad this was finally posted. My Dad and I met up with Kelly last Monday for Lunch and talk about all of this..

Thanks to all that are Helping..

19. Good to see people helping other people. God Bless!

20. senior fried

senior fried

Well put Ken !!!!

21. Big Dad

Big Dad

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paypal sent. It seems like a small thing to do for a guy who provided a lot of hours of entertainment for me even though I never met him in person.

Rest in Peace Casey, I am sure that I am not the only one who misses those posts when ever I open the link to the board.

23. Well said G V !

I don't have much but a little something for a fellow "Hot Rodder"...:cool:

24. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

RIP Casey, thanks Denise for posting this.
    Robert

25. 63dan63

63dan63

The Thaw just wasn't the same without that multicolored '32 using the dragstrip like a circletrack.
    Donation sent. And it's the best thing I've done all week.

Daniel

26. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

He may have been there....Saturday was the best day we have had in north Texas since the last race around the first of November......CASEY would make a great addition to the ....."GODS OF SPEED"..... :D
    How else could you explain it.

27. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

It's hard to understand why things like this happen. Gilbert, several other hot rodders and I (Rio Grande Valley) enjoyed having a couple of drinks with Casey and Kelly at the annual Deuce Reunion in Kerrville. George and his wife (Dallas) would tell some crazy stories about their cars then do burnouts in the hotel driveway until way into the night. We're going to miss those shows and the days at the Roundup shooting the bull with Casey while he propped that hellraising red headed doll of his on the radiator shell of his hot rod. RIP Casey.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here is the Meet & Greet sticker that Larry AKA OldBobSign designed in Collin's honor. Becasue Collin really enjoyed getting together with old friends and meet new ones at the HAMB meet & greets, these memorial stickers will be given out to those attending the Lonestar Roundup one next month.

[​IMG]

A very special thanks to Larry for donating these. They certainly brought a tear to my eye when he showed them to me.

29. bigken

bigken

Larry's a rock-solid dude. Thanks man.

30. Big Dad

Big Dad

awesome stickers .. doubtful I'll make the roundup to get one :(