Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Northern MN

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dead End Sleds, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I am 39 year old attorney living in Northern Minnesota. I have a wife and two young children, (one girl, one boy), two dogs. I know enought about mechanics to get myself in trouble. Last summer we bought a '54 Chevy 210 post. It currently is maroon, looks very stock. My daughter named it "Suzie." It has a Chevy 400 c.i.d. of unknown age, and a new transmission. I have always wanted an old car to fix up the way I want it and drive. The car is in good enough condition to drive, so I can work on it in winter and drive in summer. Kids love it b/c it is fast and there are no seat belts (yet). I am putting seat belts in next week. I am hoping to exchange 400 for 350 so parts are easier to find and want dependability w/o breaking the bank. Also want to exchange front end and rear end for safe steering and braking. When running and driving soundly, will chop top approx 3 inches, lower and paint red w/white top, shave handles, add solid rims and wide whites. Also looking to put in rear seat from 64-66 T Bird. At least, that is the plan for now. Have house projects that need to occur first. Hoping to learn more or get ideas. Don't know much, but I do know what I like.

Ryan

Attached Files:

2. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Don't mean to steer the boat, but I'd hang on to that 400 as long as it's not giving you problems. Still not that hard to get parts for. Had a 54 Belair hardtop 2 door sedan myself. Sure enjoyed that ride. Enjoy yours. Welcome from Maryland!

3. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

A hearty welcome from SW Nebraska. Nice looking 54. I second the vote to keep the 400...unless you are going to pop in a 350 or similar. But, whay not drive it until Suzie get tired of it dragging her around?

5. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

6. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Welcome from Milwaukee Wisconsin. Nice ride you got there.

7. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

Thanks for the friendly posts. The snow is melting and I can't wait to take her for a spin.

rkieson

8. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Welcome from forest Lk Mn.......................Rich

9. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to the Madness... New here myself but its starting to feel like home in a sick twisted sorta way.:D again welcome!