Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber broke down... Need help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flamin', Mar 2, 2010.

1. Flamin'

Flamin'

I'm posting this for a fellow HAMBer that is broke down in Cleveland OH. Coupedevil and her husband have broke down on the east side of Cleveland (Macedonia/Oakwood Village area) on their way back from the Detroit Autoramma and are in bad need of a radiator for their 48 Ford Bread Truck. A local radiator shop said the radiator is unrepairable.

I don't know what the policy is for posting contact info but you can PM me and I'll send a # they can be reached at asap.

Thanks in advance

2. Bumpity, bump can someone help these folks out?
    gotta be a decent used rad near them

3. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Post as much info about the vehicle, (is is stock or not) they're in so word can get out as to what is needed and who has what. There are LOTS of generous HAMBers in that area, they won't be stuck for long.

Vance

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I assume it is this truck...

Any details on the radiator? Is it the stock style and is it the same as a standard pickup of that vintage?

I don't have anything, but hoping a little more info might help someone else step up.

Bump.

Attached Files:

5. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Radiator needed is for what motor???

6. Flamin'

Flamin'

Thanks redlinetoys, that's the truck! Sorry guys for not postin more info, I'm trying to do this relay for help from my cell phone while at work. Its got a Ford 300 inline 6 in it and he is running the stock F1 6cyl radiator. The water knecks on the 300 are in the same spots as a SBC.

7. 61falcon

61falcon

are they still stuck??

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bump. Come on....let's get him fixed up.

9. john walker

john walker

pinch the leaking tube, or cut it and roll the end over and pinch it tight. then run with the cap loose. if the tanks are leaking, that's tougher, but keeping the pressure off helps slow the loss. got home plenty of times doing that.

10. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Jeezze, post coupedevils cell phone number so it can be passed to those in the area that can help.

12. sawzall

sawzall

Bump for rob and Kyle

13. 61falcon

61falcon

i live near that area and may be able to offer some type of help.

14. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

bump

hope they get it fixed

15. Maybe a Chevy radiator would be easy to locate, if it is the same.
    Bump to the top.

16. Flamin'

Flamin'

Ok, my dad found them a makeshift radiator, but I'm still waiting to hear back if it worked.

If you're in the area and want to lend a hand they can be reached at (Rob) 484-529-2743.

17. 61falcon

61falcon

are they on the side of the road or in a garage?

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They got a used radiator from a pal in the area and installed it and are pulling out of Lobecks right now heading toward home. Rob is pretty postive about it.

19. Flamin'

Flamin'

Thanks Denise for checking on them. I called on my lunch break just as you were hanging up with Rob. I wish I wasn't at work so I couldve gone out there myself to help.

20. Man, that's how it works!

21. coupedevil

coupedevil

I would like to extend a great BIG hamb thank you to everyone!!! It was a long trip home following a great weekend but we made it! Brett you and your dad are the greatest. Thank your buddy Dave? for the radiator to get us home. He wouldn't take anything for it but I have a feeling some Pennsylvania pretzles are coming his way:D Lobecks thanks for the hospitality, the use of the lot, lighting and tools, the phone call and directions to the rad shop. The rad works for giving it your best even though it couldn't be fixed and Denise for the phone call. It is great to know we had help should we need it. Thanks again,
    Kyle, Rob and Anthony too

22. Glad to hear you got the needed help and made it home. It was nice seeing you at Autorama.

The Kruse Brothers

23. glad you got home, your truck was one of my favorites at Autorama

24. jasone

jasone

Kudos to all you folks who lent a hand. Good bunch of riff raff on the HAMB.

25. coupedevil

coupedevil

The best riff raff anywhere:)

26. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

27. coupedevil

coupedevil

Great seeing you too

28. yardgoat

yardgoat

If this fix wasnt cool then theres no such thing as cool,glad they got going..........YG

29. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Glad you made it home. HAMbers are the best Cyber mates

To you all....Put some Cracked Pepper in your Tool box's. It is a sure way to fix small leaks in Radiators. The theory is that the Pepper does not disolve. It all bunches up at the pressure point (the leak) and blocks the hole. I've used this method on my Ride, when the need arose, as have so many other mates.... wouldnt go for a drive anywhere without some now.

30. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Gm used coolant tablets in some of thier cars for years.I know cadillac and saturn used them because of the pourius alum.They resemble little blocks of pepper.