Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anglias & Prefects drag cars from 60's & 70's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35touring, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

looking for photos of Anglia drag cars, especially one called "Locomotion" and "Adams/Lawson/Eldridge" H/G car, "Mr Tuff", etc...

Attached Files:

2. hemi man

hemi man

:) here is a few:)

Attached Files:

3. Larry T

Larry T

The Locomotion is for sale on Racing Junk right now.
    Larry T

4. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

great shots Hemi man

5. brandon

brandon

the middle pic , front portion of the anglia , is dick weinle's ..won indy in 66 and 68 or 64 & 66....

6. brandon

brandon

did you see the indy winner circle shot i sent to the ky hall of fame site...?

7. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

The first pic... is my godfather's. Jack Flash. We are currently looking for this car. It was sold and repainted white and called the mongoose.

Here's another shot
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Here's the next shot of the Jack Flash on that same day. A 4 car match
    race featuring the 'Jack Flash' , Bob Chipper, Jim Oddy & Paul Day.

Brandon, yes I did see that. Did you ever check the Bluegrass photos you said were hanging in the garage to scan?

Attached Files:

9. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

If you have anymore picsof this car let me know.
    Thanks, Rob

10. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Is your grandfather still living? I may have one other photo of the car on the starting line, I will check.

11. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

Jack's my God Father, Not Grandfather and yes he's still alive. He runs around in a 36 Dodge Rat myself and his son John built. John used to drive the Buffalo Tremor Monster truck back in the 80's and 90's. Now he's building a street Anglia, but as I mentioned they are looking for Jack's old car.
    It was repaired and the sold.

12. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

My son's. All steel. Ford six powered.

[​IMG]

13. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

IM sure Jack remembers the ride he took on that day, I do. Glad he was ok.
    If you look at the 3rd photo of the Red car, in the background you can see how the spectator side has a rise to it. That's where Jack's Car went, stright up that bank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  14. choprodz

choprodz

Here is mine. 48 Anglia. I think it raced around the mid west in the late 60's. Its all there 327, 671, vertex, clutch flight. Best of all it fires right up! Not sure if I should restore or leave as is????? What ya think????? Thanks, Rob.

Attached Files:

15. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Leave it alone!

16. Hotroddwayne

Hotroddwayne
    from Ohio

35touring, let me know what pictures you'd like to see! I'm the guy who saved & rebuilt Eddie Flora's "Locomotion" '48 Prefect gasser. Although I sold it in 2003 I have 100-plus pictures of the build, and even when sold it sported the last paint job it had when raced (silver & gray). Watch for a post later about the "Locomotion" on Racingjunk right now you guys mentioned in the forums, as it is not the real Locomotion, however it has Locomotion's steel front clip! More to come...
    Oh yeah, nice to meet you guys... I just signed up here tonight after finding links to the bogus "Locomotion" mentioned here on the H.A.M.B. & i'm a car guy with lotsa toys in various stages of being reborn
    UPDATE: talked to the present owner & he grafted doors together to make it a 2 door, so in a way it is the real Locomotion. I offered him pix of the car during it's build in 1999 - 2003 but he didn't seem interested. I'd have to see chassis pix since I built a Jegster 2" x 3" box steel chassis for it. If anyone is looking at it to buy I can describe the way it was 100% when sold to validate or dismiss questionable claims.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  17. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

I saw that on RJ too. It's not far from me, I have never seen the car though.
    IM curious what the orig "Locomotion" looked like.

18. Larry T

Larry T

I'm not even gonna try to pull a photo off of a site that sells pictures, but here's a link to the original Locomotion on Gilchrists site.
    http://www.gilchristbnw.com/GPC/GassersGallery271.html

As long as I'm here, here's an old picture of my Anglia. I still have it but it's in pieces. That doesn't bother me right now. I stripped the original paint and I kind of regret that. I don't guess I'd be able to match it on the new fiberglass parts anyway.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

Run it !!!

20. Hotroddwayne

Hotroddwayne
    from Ohio

Here's "Locomotion" at National Trails in 1969 (on the trailer) imagine how back in the day these guys had the fastest cars in the country & hauled them around on a $300 trailer. ALL the $$$ went into going faster!
    [​IMG]

I got this photo courtesy of Byron's gasser madness website years ago. After reviewing closer the one picture on Racingjunk, it is the original body only the 4 doors were grafted together by the present owner. Wrote him & he said he modified the doors for getting in & out of it easier. Seems like a nice guy who had the best of intentions but did say he's had alot of people upset with what he's done to the body. I'll retract my claim it's not Locomotion, but to me it's racing background is lost with the heavy body mods to make it a 2 door. Will scan a few pix I have so ya'all can see what Locomotion looked like in it's last drag paint job & pro-streeted when I built it.