Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie S., Feb 27, 2010.

1. Louie S.

Louie S.

Well here is my new ride, i bought it for my dad and me to have something to play with together. Let me know what you think, and what would look good on it.

Attached Files:

2. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Looks good. Try some skirts and fiestas.

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

New wheels and tires most certainly.......and don't forget the paint! Interior is clean, what's under the hood?

4. Louie S.

Louie S.

I am not sure what to do wheel and tire wise. The paint will be last, but it will happen. It's current power is 350 with power pack heads and a glide. It will have a 327 with a 3x2 and a muncie before long. Brake upgrades and suspension work will be first, and the headliner.

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

A 327 with a 6 pack and 4 on the floor will be fun.........especially since that sucker is a 2 door sedan.:D Find Posi and really learn to tear it up.

I guess the wheels and tires will depend on your need to go sleeper or mid 60's go fast bad ass.

Do you want them to know you're comin, or do you want them to realize it AFTER you've passed them?

6. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Love my 50's 2 door sedans. Had one like that, several 57 Pontiacs. 55's were Chevy's and Oldsmobile. Always liked the solid feel of the sedan. You and your Dad have fun with yours.................

7. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Kool ride!!!! I would put skirts and flippers on the 57 hudcaps and enjoy it.

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

Looks good man.

9. He already found a posi! And as far as go fast bad ass; well that's what his '55 will be.

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

11. That's a clean car man, sure like that.

12. Nice find. It doesn't take much to make a tri five look good. I agree that it needs some sort of wheel/tire change. Perhaps raise the rear back up a couple of inches.

13. Chrome reverse wheels, WW and you are done

14. Louie S.

Louie S.

Its on airbags and its adjustable, in the picks the ass was a little lower. I think it looks great the way it is. I know it could look better though. I am just not sure what to change if anything.

15. 1320/150

1320/150

straight axle!!! Ha Ha just kiddin!! If I changed this car at all like above mentioned chrome reverse wheels and big whites!! Kinda already looks like you have that look!! So I guess my answer is don't change a thing!!!!! cool car!! I guess it might be fun to try the factory hubcap spinners???

16. Labold

Labold

Looks great. Leave it alone and drive the shit out of it!

17. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nice car, whats wrong with the way it looks right now? Maybe wheels and tires. I like chrome wheels spider caps and wide whites, but it looks good as is. Drive it awhile and think about it. Gary

18. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Great looking ride, Sets just right.

19. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks like a great car - congrats . Loads of jealous people out there (like me) , I'm sure .

20. Huckster59

Huckster59

nice ride , i had one years ago i sold when i went into the navy. wish i had it back

21. jtille

jtille

Nice......i would look good in the drivers seat

22. buzz37

buzz37

Nice car go out and enjoy it before ripping it all apart! That way you will remember how fun it was to drive when your looking at it in a million peices. lol

23. We were talking about the chrome wheel option just last night while Louie was working on the engine room. We adjusted the float level and made a new fuel line to the carb. Small cap MSD and new wires along with AC and a go-through of the air suspension are planned before the Round-Up.

24. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Nice car man congrats! The car looks clean the way it is, id just throw on some wide whites and skirts

25. Hoodlum Jim

Hoodlum Jim

Yep, i agree! It looks pretty cool now, but skirts and ww's would suit it nicely. Definately a sweet ride!

26. kisam

kisam

Louie,
    That car is so nice! Does it fit in your Mancave?;) Roundup=can't wait!

27. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

A set of grey spoked E.T.'s w/ polished outer rims w/ blackwalls...........done.

Frank

29. can't tell from the pic how she stands that well-cut coils and lowering blocks

30. robleticia

robleticia

That was your '57 at Hoedown? Nice car!