Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

why? because there was no periods in the sentance? I thought this was a hot rod and rat rod forum not a english one..... is that better.

2. No, it's not a "rat rod" forum. (You'll get flamed for that.) It is a traditional hot rod forum that happens to be in English. Grammar, spelling and, yes, punctuation make it easier to read, and sets us apart from the rat rodders. It also makes posts easier to understand and respond to accurately.
    And speaking of traditional, these cars were built during a period in our history when our schools made sure we all knew how to read and write properly. Why not go for the whole package? It's a lifestyle thing, right?

3. thishero

thishero

Now that's a good looking truck! All original?

4. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by all original but it was bone stock original when I bought it. It's got a 4' drop axle, flipped rear axle, built 460/C6 and lots of other new stuff like wiring and brake lines. I'm leaving the faded turquoise paint for now but I'm going to repaint inside the cab. It should be done this summer.

crazydays likes this.
  5. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Yeah lifestyle I live like I came out of the 50s. Its a good lifestyle, and for not being a rat rod forum it sure has alot of them on here. Im not here to start a argument with anyone I enjoy this forum and the information it gives me. people get in a hurry and type still word and if you can read you know what it says but now that I know that I have a english teacher that is going to burn me everytime I dont use a period or something Ill try to slow down for ya..... Now if we can get back to the pics there way cooler than arguing.:cool:

6. hershambob

hershambob

[​IMG]
    i just purchased this in socal.
    jamesdean,im english and dont know what a period is???unless were talkin womens stuff!!!!ha

7. thishero

thishero

Close enough to all original for me. Yeah I was trying to see if you put a front clip in. I'm working on my '57 right now, getting the front low. I started out with a 3" drop axle, but wanted it lower and ended up acquiring a 77 Camaro front clip for it so I'll be do the swap in the next couple weeks.

Your truck looks real good though.

8. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I'm looking for one close to cincinnati (yes I posted it in the wanted add's) if anybody knows where one is....

9. BEAR

BEAR

this thing is really nice man .. sometimes i wish i didnt trade mine off

10. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Thats a sweet looking rod ya got there.

11. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

took out the 6:88 timkin rear axle and ditched the 6 lug front hubs. 67 f350 8lug hubs fit my spindles with some backing plate mods.
    junked the 261 straight 6 and installed a 292

[​IMG]

12. tailgate

tailgate

Have noticed that the XJ6 Jag front end has been mentioned in previous posts, here is a few pics of my 60 panel with Mk3 Jag front end. Original Y-block with standard sump and engine mounts. [Right hand drive]

Pete

Attached Files:

13. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

is the steering wheel on the right side?

14. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

oh sorry, you're from Australia. I have not seen before.:confused:
    her boys ride there, even on the wrong side.
    You can post a pic of your interior? I would be interested in how the right handlebar looks.

15. tailgate

tailgate

For right hand drive the factory mirror imaged the dash and the pedals are just moved over, clutch left, brake centre, thottle right.
    Pete

Attached Files:

16. BEAR

BEAR

that's cool

17. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

100_7223.jpg

100_7222.jpg

I am in need of some tail light ideas and I am already painted. Does anyone know of something cool that is pretty close to a bolt on? The interior is finished minus striping and the whole project only 6 or so items left on the list. 312 4 speed, big window, it is a 59 with 58 grille, 57 hood, 59 Super Duty scoop. More pictures coming.

18. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

The Idea was to make a 59 Harley F100 so I got this truck. The first one is just with wheels on it. I did not notice all the rust until I started digging.

I have a ton of pics if anyone is interested but here are a few of the important stuff.

IMG_1879_2.JPG

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2203.JPG

100_6170.jpg

100_6171.jpg

100_6514.jpg

100_7265.jpg

19. hershambob

hershambob

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    59 302/c4 volaire clip,came from big bear lake ca but has westminster ca on the title,anyone know it,its on its way to england now

20. Can you take some pics of the volare clip and the frame????i'm lookingto do this on my 59

21. Think seriously about using a Crown Vic front end. It's a near bolt-in, dirt cheap, plentiful, and replacement parts are a whole lot easier to come by. Rides/drives better, too.

22. hershambob

hershambob

not for 6 weeks at least,the 59 is at the shippers in la and im in england

23. hershambob

hershambob

24. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

You may want to look at the after-market 50 Pontiac tail lights. They are available with the chrome bezels snd with or without blue dots. Just Google them and you will find them. Another option would be 56 Chev tail light lenses. Good luck with it.

25. cjmac

cjmac

50 pontiac are hard to beat. Unfortunately to fasten simply there will be a couple of exposed nuts or screw heads on the inside panel of your bed. This won't have any impact on your paint. Or create an access panel inside the bed which would be a bit of trouble. Something we have been doing as of late. Let me know if interested and I can help. thanks, CJ

Attached Files:

26. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Has anyone ever put a manual rack and pinion on a fridge with a straight axle? Im looking to do this but all I can find is a power unit for them. I dont want to run power steering. So Im looking for ideas on how to do this if I can use one from a pinto or mustangII or something theres got to be a way!!

27. If you're worried about the weight, don't be. I run a manual rack with a MII, with a 500" Caddy sitting on top of it.

As far as the kits, find out what make/model of rack they use, and find out if it's available (either from them or over the counter) as a manual. They should mount the same.

I will say, if you go through the king pins, tie rod ends, and tighten up the stock steering box, these trucks steer very easily. Mine was a low mileage truck before I went through the mechanical swaps, but I still had to rebuild all stock items above. After I did that it was a sweetheart to drive in stock form.

Just food for thought. King pins and tie rod ends are cheap, and adjusting your steering box is free.

28. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

Back to the top because I love these trucks and never want this thread to die!

crazydays likes this.
  29. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

my 1959 f100 shortbed, will receive a healthy 335 series ford(400) and a c6 tranny.
    60s style all the way with this bad bitch!!

luke

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2010