Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Terrible news! A reminder though to never take shit in life too seriously...and enjoy every second of hotrodding and the people involved in it while you still can...RIP

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I am super bummed.

It is often said to hear someone referred to as "the salt of the earth". most don't really consider what that means in form. it's everywhere, and in everything. and now, in particular, tears. Collin Casey was just that. the salt of the earth. everywhere.

it's really rare for me to get broken up over someone passing away, regardless of circumstance. I'm just not that kind of guy. But this one hits home real hard.

I wish I could have just one more beer with him. one more laugh. even when he was pissed off, he wasn't. one of those rare sorts of folks that said what they mean. no bullshit, no beating around the bush, he just fuckin spit it out. a quality that if everyone had, there would be no war.

win, lose or fail, Casey bled for this. every day. he was a man possessed.
    what was a hobby for some was his entire lifetime. in my opinion, that sort of simplicity makes for a beautiful life.

I can honestly say that I never met anyone that broke more random shit on his car than C.C. that's a compliment. the only way to make that happen is to drive it like you stole it every time you set foot in it. he did.

Collin, my friend, You are already missed. I am never gonna forget You.

3. I'm in shock ... this is very, very sad news :(

Though I never met Collin in person, I considered him a friend ... he was the first to welcome me to the H.A.M.B. ... and we have been exchanging PMs & e-mails ever since ... I always looked forward to reading his weekly e-mail jokes.

My deepest condolences to his family and close friends.

Rest In Peace @Casey ...

[​IMG]
    13 year old Collin Casey and the "HEMI32" coupe @ the '79 Western Street Rod Nats in Merced, CA

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. dutched32

dutched32

5. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

We didn't even know him, just seen him around at the Thaw..........having the time of his life. running that ole flatmotor to hell and back...........

R.I.P. from all here at Texas Thunder

Mark and Pat

6. The Shocker

The Shocker

I talked to him on the phone about drag racing a few weeks ago ,and if i woulda known that was the last time i would be speaking to him ,i woulda said a bit more .You just never know .First James Crawford now Casey .Im speechless ..:(:(

7. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Colin was a great friend... A great hot rodder that drove the wheels off his coupe... His endless energy and love of rods will be missed.
    It seems like only yesterday he was in my shop learning how to use thumbnail shringing dies.

Attached Files:

8. jerry

jerry

This really hurts!

jerry

9. Andy

Andy

He was all in all the time. He was going to have fun no matter what. I was thankful to get his e-mail jokes. This hits like a safe was dropped on me. I sure am going to miss him.

RIP

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

So sad, prayers to the family.

11. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

What's the thing you here most at a dragstrip around here? "There goes Casey makin another pass". God bless ya buddy. Just left his place, Kelley is there and doing best she can. Sad day for all. She will be posting details on here about a gathering when she can.

12. Very sad news.
    Although I never med Casey, I enjoyed his postings, and it sure looks like he enjoyed life to the max.
    Rest in Peace.
    HemiDeuce.

13. RIP Casey, sad sad news

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  14. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

There isnt a nicer guy in town.First guy I met at Little River and always enjoyed hanging and talking with him for the last few years.Rest in Peace Collin

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  15. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

May he walk amongst Gods.........

May neighbours respect you,
    Trouble neglect you,
    The angels protect you,
    And heaven accept you.

--Ancient Irish Prayer--

16. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Right on man, so well put.

17. shoebox72

shoebox72

Thats so sad. RIP.

18. RIP...Godspeed.

19. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

I cannot believe it, RIP Casey !!!

The last I talked to Casey (and Kelly) the 3 of us were sitting at the bar beside Flyrite Choppers on the Sunday after the Roundup having a few beers, just us. It was nice just chilling from the heat and talking, I was glad the Casey's back was not giving him as much trouble.

It will be strange not seeing Casey in April at the Roundup.

Our thoughts are with all those that were close to him.:(:(

20. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Sorry to hear about his passing.My condolences go out to all that knew him and his family.
    May he rest in peace.

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

RIP......prayers to the family.

22. HRH

HRH

I haven't been able to give my respects on here all afternoon. I'm.......just........really.......fuckin........sad. :(

Rest in Peace my friend.

23. RAY With

RAY With

So hard to loose another great guy and he will be missed. Prayers go out to the friends & family.

24. R.I.P. Casey. The great times and smiles, shared with us all here on the HAMB, will live on in our hearts forever. I never met Casey, but through this wonderful place, you could certainly feel like you knew him well. When I first checked out the HAMB, Casey's posts, showed how much passion one could have for this hobby and life itself. :(

25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Awful news. He was a funny guy and gave me a beer out of the back of that coupe. Wish I'd gotten to know him better. RIP bud, you are going to be missed. :(

26. GRIFF

GRIFF

Damn. When I came over to the US for the Day of the Drags, Colin showed me what hospitality is all about. At the races he introduced me to hundreds of people at the drags, took me for a blast down the strip and shared his beer. On the Monday he invited me to visit his shed. Just spending the day going through his photo collection would have been more than enough, but blasting around the hills out to Fredericksburg in his coupe was like hot rod heaven. A true gentleman and a pile of fun to be around. I'll miss you mate.

27. geemann51

geemann51

I just heard and I dont know what to say, I miss him already....

28. Tony

Tony

Like many others, i never had the pleasure of meeting him. But, i always enjoyed his posts and loved his coupe..
    I am so sorry to hear of this.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
    This is an extremely sad loss that is leaving me stumbling for words.

R.I.P. Casey.

29. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

RIP Colin. I didn't know him real well, and didn't see him often, but he always said hi when I ran into him. I first met him a few years ago at the shop doing the body and paint on my OT car. Shocking. My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Rough news, still trying to process. Been spending the evening looking at alot of photos of some awesome times in Texas together. Thought I'd share a few.

Day of the Drags 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lonestar RoundUp 2007
    [​IMG]

Lonestar RoundUp 2008

Heading out one morning down COngress to get a diet coke
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing but a GREAT time with Colin around
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the lake cruz
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite nights in Austin. We're all hanging at the ASS, Big Olds interior was just getting completed and I was taking him home, back to Detroit. Colin was there, with his coupe of course and was doing donuts and burnouts. I was holding the camera in one hand and talking to Megan in the other describing what Colin was doing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010