Register now to get rid of these ads!

billetproof question!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edweird, Feb 14, 2010.

1. edweird

edweird

hey fellas, whats gonna be goin on friday night before the show. we might come a day early if theres something to see. thanks.

2. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

pre party at a local frosty beverage place downtown. There should be alot to see in the parking lot. The original Friday night location in Ocala brought in a good crowd - frosty beverages and BBQ. This is the first time for the new location so we'll have to see what Alan has planned. Im sure it will be a good time.

3. Choptop

Choptop

Billetproof Florida Pre-Party ! Feb 26, 2010
    Market Street Pub
    120 Southwest 1 Avenue
    Gainesville, FL 32601-6243
    (352) 377-2927
    $5 cover, bands start at 9pm until they kick us out

There has been one slight glitch... we cant park in the lot across the street from the pub. I've been going round and round with the city over this... Its a valet lot, I offered to rent the entire lot for the night so we could all park there... no dice... they say its "valet only"... ok... I want to pay and have people park there... whats the difference? Well, according to the city ya'll would have to let someone else park your car... Nope. I told them that would not work. I'll just pay for the lot in full, and everyone can park for free, but the owners park their own cars. According to the city, that cant happen.

sigh...

4. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Word to the wise about Gainesville... be very careful where you do park. Many of the lots and spaces downtown are towing zones.

5. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Im thinking my partying is gonna be in the host hotel parking lot. Dont have to worry about getting towed ,dont have to worry about driving drunk, (not a good idea). The only thing to worry about is finding my room.If it's anything like Ocala the hotel will be the place to be . JMO

6. Kenny P

Kenny P

That sucks Alan, thanks for tryin' for us. I just don't get city officials :mad:

7. Choptop

Choptop

Yep... sometimes its like talking to a brick wall. I was willing to pay for the lot for the night, buy it out, GREAT business for them... but nope.

I also ran into a few dead ends with other parts of the city government. Sometimes it takes putting on the show and inviting some of the officials out to the show so they get a feel for whats going on and the number of people that enjoy the show. That usually leads to a change in their attitude.

It took a couple of years in Washington, but now the city is WAY on-board... they are putting on a concert, a burlesque show and bringing out local breweries on Sat night for a downtown cruise. Hopefully Gainesville come around next year :D

8. chevyshack

chevyshack

It would be nice for a show like this in tallahassee but theres to many damn tree huggers here. The fair grounds are always empty. A investor bought the old rt20 dragstrip a few years back to reopen it and the rag head the lives in the trailer next to it put up a big fuss and the city backed the rag head. Who would bring the city more money? The guy in the trailer paying what, 400 a year in taxes or the dragstrip paying boocoo taxes not to mention the local business it would bring.