Register now to get rid of these ads!

'49 Dodge Polyurethane bushings?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Feb 14, 2010.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer

Yesterday, we put new leaf springs from Eaton in the Wayfarer. It drives and rides alot better than it did with the dearched stock leaves, but I think it could be even better. I'd like to eliminate as much of the slight side to side movement of the leaves as I can. The shackles have small, rubber bushings, which allow for this movement. I'd like to replace them with polyurethane ones if I can find some. Anyone know of anything?

2. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

sorry I don't have any specific information, but I thought I saw something on ebay a month or two back

3. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I don't, but I do know that you can buy different types of materiel - poly, delrin, etc. - from McMaster-Carr. You could turn your own bushings on a lathe.

4. Heavy Flat Head

Heavy Flat Head

Wayfarer,

http://www.polybushings.com/index.html is a site just for poly bushings for mopars.

The site does not list anything this old (there loss) but they have a page of the sizes that they make. You could also e-mail them and tell them the size you are looking for. I could also use a set when I get that far along as I am sure many more could benefit.

Heavy Flat Head.

5. wayfarer

wayfarer

Thanks, I'll measure what I've got, but i'm sure I can find something from that site that will work!

6. 41plym

41plym

Neil Riddle at the old plym cafe on e-bay has them I believe he goes by seaplym on there.

7. wayfarer

wayfarer

He's got the bushing for the front of the leaf, I need the ones for the shackle end.