Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy to Viva via a Studebaker!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassedbaker, Apr 4, 2008.

1. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

[​IMG]

saw the car at viva awesome car, so since no one got a pic of it on the road do i get the shirt ahah

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Hope they take 66 Kingman to Saligman there is good stuff out there. I grew up on that road and Took my kids along it every time I could. I hope Yancy can slow the Gasser down enough to really enjoy it. I hope he has pics to share when he gets back. Big Texan and all!

3. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Just wanted to touch base with everyone for the nightly update! They are currently in Springfield, MO, the SHOW ME STATE!!! Soooooooo, by this time tomorrow night they should be safely home. The Stude is still running fantastic! We are excited to have him back at the shop and we all can't wait to see pics! Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, all of your posts have been great!!!! We'll let you all know when he safely "back home in Indiana!"

4. One word. Awesome. Must have been some urban myth that you can't drive gassers on the road. :D

Tell El' Tomo to pat himself on the back. I'll try to stop by Saturday to visit with you guys. We got to show you our new toy too!

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Where's Yancy now ? Anyone know?

6. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

its gonna be good to have all our hoosiers back. just remember left coasters, they were only yours to borrow.
    glad you guys had a safe and trouble-free trip.

7. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Well, he is FINALLY home!!! Yancey was standing in the shop at 530, filling us in on the adventure! But he is safe and sound back in Indianapolis!! Tomorrow afternoon I will be posting some pics of the road trip so STAY TUNED!!!! ROAD ROCKETS RULE!!!!

8. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Thats good great job....:)

9. RoadmenZak

RoadmenZak

good seen ya at the show man!!! a trip well done if i might say so. and troubles on the drive home?

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Yancy called me this evening.

He said he got pulled over in Oklahoma. The cop said "This can't be right, I clocked you doing 130 MPH" !

Yancy said "Yep, Its right"

The cop appreciated the honesty and wrote him up for 80 MPH !

Damn lucky !

11. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

"this cant be right" thats awesome.

12. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

What a great car !....I just happened to take a picture of it....here's one for your collection...[​IMG]

13. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Congrats on your trip!

14. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Here are the first batch of photos I promised!

Attached Files:

15. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Here are some more for your viewing pleasure! Some may be a little out of order, but with this may pics, its hard to keep track of where you left off!!! LOL!

Attached Files:

16. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Still not done yet!!!

Attached Files:

17. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

Every pic is great, BUT to see the `52 Stude Gasser cruisin along side the Huntington Beach is AWESOME!!! We hope that you all enjoyed all the road trip pics!

Attached Files:

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thats fricken awesome !

19. Gasser57

Gasser57

UNREAL!!! Looks like an awesome trip. Did you happen to figure out your MPG?

20. ....thanks for the great posts on your trip, it's the next bestest thing to being there. You guys made some great memories you'll never forget.

21. greg

greg

Man!, What a trip! Will look forward to seeing you at the Road Rocket Rumble this year. Heck, for me a 2 hour drive to indy seems long. Guess I need to toughen up a little. That trip had to be a blast. Thanks for living our dream!

22. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Yancey, I have never been out west so tell me a couple of things. Where is the picture taken with the old steel truss bridge? In one picture you are walking towards it. Just curious if this was a signifigant land mark or jsut a stop during the trip. Also, is the huge hole the crator everyone talks about?

Thanks for the pictures. Great Trip!

23. overkillphil

overkillphil

What the hell? Paucho must've been standing right next to me!
    [​IMG]

24. Hotwheels1570

Hotwheels1570

I know this is a very late post to this but I got to see this car in person at VIVA LAS VEGAS I had just moved to Vegas form IL. not to long before this a very AWSOME car indeed then I picked up the magizine with the article in it about the car and his trip VERY VERY COOL hope to see you out this way again and hopefully with a gasser myself.

25. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

the car has been traded off and sold and is now in iowa somewhere!!! i would have liked to keep it but a dead came through to get my caddy moving forward....