Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gambino kustoms san jose speed and chrome presents fatman fabs wishbone giveaway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Feb 6, 2010.

1. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok Alex, I WANT those bones. I need those bones. My car needs those bones. Hell the lady down the street said I need those bones. Soooooo. Gi'me those bones.

Attached Files:

2. James66g

James66g

I wouldlove to toss my hat in the ring but I havent even started collecting parts for a rod yet! I am still looking for a body style I fit in! Good luck on the new shop looking forward to seeing it in person.

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

[​IMG]

I humbly enter my Model A roadster which is currently runs the long Curtiss style radius rods...

It is powered by a 1962 Chevy 283 with a 1955 Kaiser Manhatton McCulloch supercharger, backed by a stickshift and a Chrysler 8 3/4 differential currently with 2.76 gears.

Some progress has been made since this picture, but I don't have any good pictures, yet...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. Marcy

Marcy

I'm in. This poor lost Vicky followed me home this weekend. Plans are for a 32 frame and "Rolling Bones-esque" stance. Thanks Alex!

Marcy

Attached Files:

5. tint1

tint1

count me in i hope this worked becouse i dont know how to post pics if it worked here are some pics when i got it IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

6. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

I'm in.
    Got a ways to go, but I was planning on buying a pair off you anyways.
    [​IMG]
    It's a pile of parts that some day will be a '32 Sedan, seeing as how I'm needing a sensible family car these days.

7. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I would put them on my HA/GR Rail:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hey guys ill up date this today keep it going

9. carbuilder

carbuilder

They would look sweet under my 36 Roadster that is under construction.

Attached Files:

10. Bull

Bull

Car #1: 31 Ford Tudor "Resurrection"
    Re-build thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275101&showall=1

This car was destroyed in an head-on accident that left me with a limp for life less than 2 years ago. I was able to buy the car back from the insurance company as a total loss. I am rehabilitated physically (sort of) but will not be satisfied until the car is back on the road and I'm doing a burnout in the driveway of the guy that hit me and took it all away.

Less than a week prior to the accident:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the accident:
    [​IMG]

The rebuild:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car #2: 30 Ford Tudor "Survivor"
    Build thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371150&showall=1
    Well, maybe not a survivor in the sense that most of you think, but my "survivor" indeed.

I got the car from a friend of my dad's when I was 11 years old. I was battling cancer and given less than a 5% chance of living at the time. I obviously survived my battle, but it was with the help of that Model A. My dad, his brothers and car friends would bring me magazines with Model A's in them when I was in the hospital. I drew Model A's to pass the time. It gave me hope. Something to look forward to.

I had my last chemotherapy treatment on April 17th, 1989. Time went on and life (and a lack of time and money) got in the way of building the car and it went into barn storage for nearly 20 years. I got into SCCA road racing and in honor of surviving my battle with cancer, my race car wore the number 417 (in honor of April 17th, 4/17). I was to participate in my first event April 17, 2003, but it got snowed out. As fate would have it, I also met my wife, Megan, on April 17, 2003. After a couple years of racing, I sold the car and bought my other Model A (the one that was wrecked last summer http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=275101) . . . on, you guessed it, April 17, 2006.

Since my accident and the death of HAMBANDY (whose story touched me for obvious reasons), I've realized that life is fragile and much too short. This year April 17th marked the 20th anniversary of my last chemotherapy treatment and 20 years that I've had my 30 Model A Tudor. That car is a part of me and deserves to be on the road.

In the past couple years I've gotten to know Titus and decided there was no better person to help me realize a 20 year dream. Towaholic lit a fire under my ass and brought the car down to Titus' shop for me. We're going after a mid-late 50's build. Full house flatty, toploader, lake headers, full fendered, 5" chop, wide whites, 16" steel wheels, nerf bars front and rear, baby blue paint and a baby blue & white tuck & roll interior, running boards and top. The baby blue comes from the fact that the wheels I got for it years ago happened to be baby blue and to protect some of the bare metal on the body from rusting we spray painted some of those areas. The can we grabbed cabinet happened to be a can of baby blue touch up paint left from my grandfather's 65 Ford. So this car is destined to wear baby blue!

The car has been named "Survivor" by Lance (towaholic) and I find it to be a very fitting name.

Here it is in all it's glory sitting in my garage after a 20 year barn slumber.
    [​IMG]

And now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. rjgideon

rjgideon

I would put them in this to help replace the parallel leaf springs and get a better ride height. It's a '31 Plymouth for anyone guessing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I'd love to replace the rough,pitted 'bones on my '29 RPU but,they're not as easy to find over this side of the pond.
    It's powered by a 289/T10 combo which will be hidden with a full hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still got a long way to go!
    Cheers,
    Mark

13. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

I'll put my heap up for consideration, I humbly concede it needs all the help it can get! Bones are definitely on the list of things to find. Now if I can just find a firewall....:)

Attached Files:

14. hmmm those would really help out.....
    28 Chevy Touring, plans are for a 265 backed by a 3 speed. nothing fancy, nothing over the top, but a cool driver for the wife
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  15. I could definately use some new bones for my project. The Model A bones I have now aren't good... a long time ago someone heated them up with a torch and bent them for more caster, but they slightly melted through the bottoms of the bones.
    Anyways, here's my project... 1932 Oldsmobile body channeled over '32 Ford repro frames rails, '56 Olds 324 rocket, '42 Olds steering wheel, Wilson Welding "Lincoln" brakes, Superbell axle, etc.. Here's an older mock-up pic-
    [​IMG]
    I don't plan on using those wheels and tire, they came with the body when I bought it. It was being built by a guy who was really into VW dunebuggys. He thought he would build himself a cool "street rod" with this body, by putting it on a VW beetle chassis. I had to save it from such blasphemy.
    [​IMG]

Rocket-
    [​IMG]

Steering wheel-
    [​IMG]

...I'm still collecting the proper parts to complete it.

16. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

so I am in ... my avitar is my hotrod and I would love to run those instead, but being the giving guy I am I have a friend and all he wants is for his T to be done.. he is a kustom builder well known for sure .. we have been collecting parts by means of borrow beg and steel ... we have almost all the parts and when all are at his shop we are going to do a 1 day hotrod build we figure 8 guys that know the rods... 24 hours and slam it together... it will get done ... so the bones would be for him .... he needs them bad.

17. -Brent-

-Brent-

So cool, Alex! I'm in, I hope! It'll be a roller in a few weeks!

-30 Coupe chopped 4 inches
    -32 Frame by the fellas @ Ionia Hot Rod Shop