Register now to get rid of these ads!

What color wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

Cool car! This is Rustoleum dark machine gray out of a rattle can.

[​IMG]

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

it looks fine the way it is!! if you dont like it, then a nice creme would look good!

4. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

The old wheel color thread. I'm gonna go get some popcorn. Anyone want anything ?

Pale Yellow

5. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

^^^ Yeah grab me a beer and some red krylon..

6. BinderRod

BinderRod

Anytime there is a what color wheel questions you can bet the bank that it is a FNG. Who gives a crap what color you paint your wheels. It's your car you need to decide what color to use. Jeesh do you have someone pick out your cloths also?:eek:

7. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

have you been huffin the paint again? or do you just enjoy people hating on you?

8. Bubble Gum Pink.

9. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Personally, I like a nice tartan plaid. The only problem is that shaking the can to stir it up causes all the lines to come out all screwed up. I think there MUST be a cure for this.

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

11. There is a special machine, hard to find, very expensive.

12. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I think pink with purple dots and use a brush to apply

13. Dan57

Dan57

just coat them in blue chassis grease

14. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

There is a cure to make your plaid spray paint acclimate properly. Bugs Bunny did it. Use the search function!

15. 61TBird

61TBird

Be the first person ever to have Red wheels on a car.....

16. Rain_man

Rain_man

lol i love this site

17. Rain_man

Rain_man

wait you mean spray painting my(rims)lol i mean wheels red or green is not cool

18. Damn! Welcome to the HAMB. It's a tough crowd as you can tell.

I haven't been here long myself but I think you have to start out a question like that with:

"I can't decide what color to paint the wheels on this bitch so I wanted to get a couple of opinions. Yeah, I know it's my car and I can do what I want. I'm just askin' so do me a favor, if you feel like giving me some grief just shut the fuck up. Now, what's your opinion? I'm thinking chartreuse...etc...etc."

19. Well said Saxman, why can't people give the man ideas, and if you don't have any, well go to the next thread. I vote for the cream color, or a light green.

20. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

With a classy ride like that I would go with cream and some burgundy accents....and for the love of CHRIST do not paint those stupid things res, lime green or any other color that you see every tard with a rattle can doing!!

21. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Gloss black wheels go with any color. Here's my old truck with Duplicolor gloss black and Duplicolor clear.

Attached Files:

22. BTW, nice car and nice pin-up art! It's a tough decision on the wheel color. A cream would definitely be nice. Perhaps a light green or a medium blue. Of course there is always red. It's not real original but it's traditional and it looks good. Personally I like the cream or just gloss black.

23. codeblu

codeblu

Blast them, and let them get rusty.......

24. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

ya, an offwhite/cream would probably look pretty slick, and if not, paint em a different color, its just spray paint..

25. mj40's

mj40's

I heard that there was only one color for wheels and that being red. NOT, I went with Krylon True Blue and added a good layer of Krylon clear coat over that. They have been on my daily driver for six years and still true blue. I did this thinking if I powder coated them and didn't like them I would be stuck for about $40 per rim to coat. so I tried Krylon first.

Attached Files:

26. henry29

henry29

A deep burgundy might work,

[​IMG]

27. Rum Runner

Rum Runner
    from Fla

Can we raise up the post above so the drop is about 4 inches less?! I think we might be on to something there!

28. FANTM58

FANTM58

I`m feelin the lime green !!@#!#!$@
    The monster wa

29. chopalot

chopalot

Mark , Nice car ! I would tie it in with something else ! Whats the deal with the bumper and grille ? If you are going to leave them that color dont touch your wheels . It looks fine . It may look funny if you paint them . But what do I know Im only a FNG. The only reason my cars look so good is because of other peoples cars !!! LOL

30. lowlife matt

lowlife matt

Traditional Theres That word again. And of course the people who go along with the word to tell you what it is and how you to accomplish it.
    Red, green or any other supposed over done color are done so much because they look good, plain and simple. It blows when people knock something because they cant stand how popular it is.
    I like the look of the burgundy wheels in the pic above. But there is nothing wrong with red or what ever color wheels you want.