Register now to get rid of these ads!

Virus alert????

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by tommy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

StopAdmin
    BANNED

[​IMG] Important message from the forum administration!
    Dear(s), tommy;Christian;Josh;tomslik;hillbilly!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com-----...-----Sincerely, Forum Administration www.jalopyjournal.com.

Is this legit or another form of spam? Zero posts?

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

SPAM

Don't open the link at all.

Ignore it - delete it.

Cob
    HAMB Moderator

3. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Yesterday I got a virus from someones webshot link here on the hamb. I was looking at his 36 rear bones and poof i was done for the whole afternoon until I straighten out my pc. It started with a pop up from advast (which I have)that you have a virus. Then another window comes up to scan your computer from another source and thats when it downloads into your computer. I should of X-ed t but I didnt. Im not really savy with computers but becareful because I had seven trojan/worms?

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

GUYS -

Don't OPEN ANY LINKS that you DON'T KNOW PERIOD.

This is a old trick.....

"You MAY have a virus - donwnload this to see what it is... well you click on the link and guess what ? Malware - Spyware - bla bla bla.......

I don't care how old you guys are or new you guys are to the computer - trust me.....

DON'T OPEN LINKS YOU DON'T KNOW !

Friendly advise - use it.

Cob

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Guys I want to warn you about another hard to get rid of virus ,It's called Internet securities 2010 ,Do not buy it ,Close it out immediately .It is hard to get rid of .You have to down load Malbytes .My dads computer got hit ,I had my good lifelong computer guru friend Get his computer back up ,Macafee is useless against it .

6. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Ya John thats what it was. I got it from webshots on here. It popped up once i clicked on the picture.

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I sent him a link to remove this .If any of you other guys get this virus ,I have the link in my email to remove ,Its free ,This one wasted over 7 hours of my time ,If you don't use the guidelines ,It comes back .

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. today makes my 4th bs pm.

9. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I got one too.

"Important message from the forums administration!"

from "ForumsAdministrator"

glad I did a search first

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

sorry about that guys... I got him.

11. Leon

Leon

On any message like that look at the full header of the message and you'll see it didn't come from here, it came from cwmail3.cyberwurx.com. Always check the headers, and if you get a message that something is in your personal messages, use your trusted link to log in here and check your PMs. Don't check a PM from an email because you can't trust it.

12. Just got one today. Under the name of the guy that sent the spam message, it says banned. How can he still send pm's?

13. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

2-18-10, I just got one too. As was already said; DO NOT click on any of the links in the message!

14. I haven´t been to the board in a long time and thought it was wierd getting this mail. The first thing I did was got on the board and looked for "jozzrobin", the person that sent the mail.
    I didn´t find the person.
    My Private Messages box was empty too.

On Wednesday I received a Mail saying there will be a meeting of computer hackers somewhere and they are having a contest to see who can make the most money using "Zombies". This Mail was a Zombie.

If anybody did click on one of the links and ended up on this board you should change your Login Password.

Sean

15. 1959cac

1959cac

Thanks Ryan. I had a new one in my email "as a valued Clist customer". Ha. Clist is terrible now with spam.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

New one from Davietorr & being a chat buddy. Is there any way you could do a "captcha" lettering before sending PMs? This is my third in less than a week.

Chris

Also, you might have a stcky again on the main page for this.

17. I got this one and I used Spyware Doctor, Super Antispyware, took me all day.

18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Dear sodbuster,

You have received a new private message at THE H.A.M.B. from Davietorr, entitled "Hello!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Dear, forum member!There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: ://www.total-scan.com/detected/Kevin Lee;sodbuster;tokyo;ratster;surf monkeyThis is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.Thank you. Yours truly, David Torres.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.php

All the best,
    THE H.A.M.B.

I took off the "http" so that people would not click it trying to see what it is.

I know that on Facebook, it has a pop-up window that mentions that your going to an unsafe site when you click on external links.

Thanks,
    Chris

Oh yea, you guys do get it before it hits my PM box. I just see it in the email via an iPhone. Thanks for catching it.

Is it better for you guys if we post the name of the sender so that you can delete the senders account and all the they send?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010