Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 chevy couple rear quarter panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trcooperone, Nov 17, 2009.

1. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

I am looking to buy a 1952 chevy couple for a guy here in town but it needs some rocker and rear quarter panel replacing. I have found some places that sell the rockers but I can't find anywhere that has the rear quarter panels.

Is there such a place or do I have to go find some of a donor? Thanks of the help. :D

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I wouldn't mind finding some full quarters myself. I think that if you are needing the whole thing a donor might be your best bet. Not positive though.

Have you tried ems?

3. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

yeah they have the floor boards and rockers but not rear quarters for a 52? the car is otherwise is good shape and I don't mind doing some work on it anyway. I am looking for a project just not an impossible project.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. trcooperone

trcooperone
    from San Diego

I just got off the phone with EMS and they said the 49-50 rear 1/4 panels will work on the 52 as long as I don't use fender skirts. Has anyone had any expierence using these or has know anyone who has?

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

They only sell "patches"....Nobody make full quarters ....yet

6. You can buy patches for the front half and back half or an upper wheel arch, that's all there is. And if it's rusted more than six inches up the quarter, it's probably time to start looking for something in better shape to start from.

7. I don't know how high up on the rear fender it's rotted out, but here's an idea, that I've used a couple of times.Since it's always the hump of the fender that's bad and difficult to remake in sheet metal, you can use two rear doors from a 4-door and turn them upside down and flip them side to side. Then you have plenty of fresh metal to recreate the rear fender hump. The rest can easily be made from sheet metal, or use the roof from the same 4-door!!

Good luck

Klaus

8. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Those EMS patches fit pretty well, but not like NOS. But nothing does.

9. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

Keep looking... I found "full 1/4s" that were made back in the 50s...they dont go to the roof area, but basically go from where the 1/4 starts to bubble out on top, all the way to the bottom edge, basically the "bloomer" of the 1/4... the lower ft part is available, as is the wheel arch, and the lower rear area to the bumper cut outs... if its a business coupe, its def. worth saving.. I've had mine a long time, and like them better than the hardtop... in fact , I've bought,scavangened, and sold several H/Ts for parts for the coupe over the years...:D

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

to solve some of the discussion issues

49-50 and 51-52 has a slightly different wheel opening, why? the fender skirts on 49-50 have skirts that are unique to the left and right side

the 51-52 skirt can switched from side to side

the shape of the wheel opening in the 49-50 has a slight taper towrds the rear of the car. so our 49-50 lower rear 1/4 can be used on a 51-52 without using the 51-52 skirts but 49-50 skirts would fit

any questions

Attached Files:

11. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

And I'll be the first to say it. those EMS panels above fit as good as they look... Mine were like night and day compared to the old 50s-60s repair panels I had and was going to use...now fellows...about those "full 1/4s" lol :D